corvette was like whoa?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on corvette was like whoa? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i drive around in my 05wrx heading to a car wash meet when a red c5 corvette pulled up ...

corvette was like whoa?

so i drive around in my 05wrx heading to a car wash meet when a red c5 corvette pulled up next to me and wouldnt pass me or slow down. so we stop at a light he rolls his window down and asked me to go at it at green light and of course i said yes, always wanted to race a vette.
    we take off and i just launched at about 5 and immediately jupmed on him 2-3 car lengths and started pulling on him even harder when we hit 3rd. so he gets behind me and follows me to the wash and wants to know everything about my rex
    4cylinders do bang i told him.
    05wrx evo316g 300whp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. Yeah those C5's are putting down roughly what you have so with your AWD off the line it's no wonder you jumped on him. No go find a C6 and give it a try. Should still be a pretty good race. I know with my old 06 stage 1 I could hang 0-60 against my girls 06 vette. After that though it was a slaughter (unless turns were involved).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    Nice kill. Yeah those C5's are putting down roughly what you have so with your AWD off the line it's no wonder you jumped on him. No go find a C6 and give it a try. Should still be a pretty good race. I know with my old 06 stage 1 I could hang 0-60 against my girls 06 vette. After that though it was a slaughter (unless turns were involved).
    A C5 at 2k RPMS already has more torque then this WRX does at 4k rpms.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by dyaboy96 View Post
    so i drive around in my 05wrx heading to a car wash meet when a red c5 corvette pulled up next to me and wouldnt pass me or slow down. so we stop at a light he rolls his window down and asked me to go at it at green light and of course i said yes, always wanted to race a vette.
    we take off and i just launched at about 5 and immediately jupmed on him 2-3 car lengths and started pulling on him even harder when we hit 3rd. so he gets behind me and follows me to the wash and wants to know everything about my rex
    4cylinders do bang i told him.
    05wrx evo316g 300whp

ran neck and neck from a 65 roll with a vette in my stage 1 sti

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    had to be a c5 then no way you would do that against a c6.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Yep, your garden-variety C6 traps 114-115 mph so it's going to take a lot of work just to stick with one after 1st gear. Stock C5's sure, but C6's are an entirely different animal.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    Thats not saying much. It could've been the 1982 crossfire injection corvette that a civic SI could take from a roll, or a Z06 that would take some real balls to hang with from a roll.

You running neck and neck AFTER 65 on a stage 1 STI means he was less powerful than the C5.

sense were all posting useless comments having nothing to do with a c5 vette/non sti. i raced a modded c6z06 from 50 and lost by a fender.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

In which of your configurations?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

24psi. just tossed in some 100oct pump to make sure it was safe.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i drove a z06 in florida when i had my permit for NJ. lol.. it was ****ing quick, like wow. my dad was driving it and florida is so flat we did like 80-140 so quick it was ridiculous. and in 1st and 2nd gear spinning the back end was sooo easy. those things are sooo quick, they have more than 350 hp I THINK.. someone who knows can correct me. either way, they're sick

Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    i drove a z06 in florida when i had my permit for NJ. lol.. it was ****ing quick, like wow. my dad was driving it and florida is so flat we did like 80-140 so quick it was ridiculous. and in 1st and 2nd gear spinning the back end was sooo easy. those things are sooo quick, they have more than 350 hp I THINK.. someone who knows can correct me. either way, they're sick
    the Z06 has 505hp.

no wonder the tires spun at 80 when my dad floored itb

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Thats not saying much. It could've been the 1982 crossfire injection corvette that a civic SI could take from a roll, or a Z06 that would take some real balls to hang with from a roll.

You running neck and neck AFTER 65 on a stage 1 STI means he was less powerful than the C5.
    it was a 03-04 I believe, not a 82
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 02-03-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Insult removed...please refrain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.