swapped rs vs E46 M3

This is a discussion on swapped rs vs E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well on my way to central Pa to go to my friends farm house to relax for the weekend came ...

swapped rs vs E46 M3

Well on my way to central Pa to go to my friends farm house to relax for the weekend came across a little race.

My car: 99 2.5 Rs Full 2004 wrx swap. Cobb sort ram, Invidia 3" downpipe, stock sti or wrx midpipe, up pipe, blitz nur spec axleback, diy tgv deletes, gm boost solenoid, xpt stage 2 tune XPT2E01G.

His car: E46 M3 mods unknown. Looked pretty stock but might have had a cat back on.

So I'm cruising along the good old Pa turnpike with my friend (at least 300 plus lbs) and my car fully packed (maybe 100 lbs) so pretty much my light advantage is gone in comparison to a wrx. Right before these tunnels came up he kinda jumped on it and I wasn't expecting it so I quickly let off so he didn't think he completely destroyed me. Then we came to the tunnels and I downshifted into 3rd at 4k. He downshifted too and honked it off. I immediately pulled on him pretty much a car and a half in third. I shifted into 4th and the pulling stopped. He slowly made up the gap and started to pass me. There was a car coming up in his lane real fast so I broke really hard so he could swing in my lane if needed, didn't wanna be a hard ass about it. got up next to him again and gave him the thumbs up and he smiled and waved. My exit was coming up so I just chilled.

I was a little nervous because I had just rebuilt my engine and of course the first time you rev it out like that you're just waiting for something bad to happen. I only did the bottom end. My friend who works at subaru said he's beat the piss out of them after a fresh build and has been fine. With my luck he suggested just drive it normal for 500 miles and that's around what it was. I think without my friend and all the junk in my car it would have been a pretty damn close race. Those things are nasty on the top end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Well on my way to central Pa to go to my friends farm house to relax for the weekend came across a little race.

My car: 99 2.5 Rs Full 2004 wrx swap. Cobb sort ram, Invidia 3" downpipe, stock sti or wrx midpipe, up pipe, blitz nur spec axleback, diy tgv deletes, gm boost solenoid, xpt stage 2 tune XPT2E01G.

His car: E46 M3 mods unknown. Looked pretty stock but might have had a cat back on.

So I'm cruising along the good old Pa turnpike with my friend (at least 300 plus lbs) and my car fully packed (maybe 100 lbs) so pretty much my light advantage is gone in comparison to a wrx. Right before these tunnels came up he kinda jumped on it and I wasn't expecting it so I quickly let off so he didn't think he completely destroyed me. Then we came to the tunnels and I downshifted into 3rd at 4k. He downshifted too and honked it off. I immediately pulled on him pretty much a car and a half in third. I shifted into 4th and the pulling stopped. He slowly made up the gap and started to pass me. There was a car coming up in his lane real fast so I broke really hard so he could swing in my lane if needed, didn't wanna be a hard ass about it. got up next to him again and gave him the thumbs up and he smiled and waved. My exit was coming up so I just chilled.

I was a little nervous because I had just rebuilt my engine and of course the first time you rev it out like that you're just waiting for something bad to happen. I only did the bottom end. My friend who works at subaru said he's beat the piss out of them after a fresh build and has been fine. With my luck he suggested just drive it normal for 500 miles and that's around what it was. I think without my friend and all the junk in my car it would have been a pretty damn close race. Those things are nasty on the top end.
    Good stuff, but is there a reason for a wrx swap instead of an sti swap?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    Because it's half the price. But if you happen to have 13k laying around I'll be more then glad to do the full sti swap.

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    what kind of question is that? Like the OP said, it's half the price, and with a stage 2 WRX motor in the lighter GC, you're running with stock STi's anyway.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    what kind of question is that

Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    what kind of question is that? Like the OP said, it's half the price, and with a stage 2 WRX motor in the lighter GC, you're running with stock STi's anyway.
    Faster then a stock sti. without the tgv delets, crappy cobb ots stage 2 map and stock up pipe. Now I have a way better tune and those couple mods. Pulls very nice now. Unfortunately I never come across sti's even though I see them everywhere. They are always going the other way. haha