09 WRX vs G37 AWD
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 WRX vs G37 AWD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, i was just doing some research on some cars, pretty much just wasting time. but anyhow i just ...

09 WRX vs G37 AWD

hey guys, i was just doing some research on some cars, pretty much just wasting time. but anyhow i just found out that they make a g37 in awd, and i wanted to know how it would stack up against an 09 wrx stage 2. also just another random question, what do you guy think about new cars converting to awd? and one more thing, since the g37 is awd do you think that they will make a 370z awd model too?
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Infiniti has had the G35 in an AWD offering since it's introduction. Nissan more then likely will not off a Z in awd due to the conflict of interest.

Cars arent just magically appearing in AWD. They've been around forever throughout Ford and Chryslers line up, as well as other companies.

If you are shopping around you need to actually compare the AWD systems in the two vehciles. IMHO Infinitis "Atlessa" AWD system is good. It is not on par with Subaru's or Audi's. The platform is RWD bias and can/will transfer power on slip.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Did they have an awd G35 coupe before? I thought it was only the sedan in the us, but I'm probably wrong.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

CORRECTION TO POST:
    maybe u wasnt clear but i was talking about the g37 coupe in awd, i dont think tha tthey offered the coupe in awd but there sure was the sedan. sorry
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    CORRECTION TO POST:
    maybe u wasnt clear but i was talking about the g37 coupe in awd, i dont think tha tthey offered the coupe in awd but there sure was the sedan. sorry
    Yeah I'd heard the awd G37 coupe was coming I was just wondering if they made an awd G35 coupe before.

I drove an awd G35 sedan once and didn't even know it was awd till I saw the back badge. Granted it was it perfectly dry weather and I didn't do any extreme driving it felt just like a rwd car to me. This is probably not a helpful observation but that's all I got.

Oh and I think it's pretty unlikely there will be a awd 370z and it's kind of out of character for the model line plus I imagine they wouldn't want to interfere with the GTR.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    CORRECTION TO POST:
    yes there was a awd coupe. up until this year it was called a skyline and only available in japan. now that the "gtr" is totally a separate car from the g, there offering a g37x. with a 6spd 330hp and a awesome awd system good luck in a stage 2 wrx. a stage 2 sti would have its hands full. the engine had flatest tq "curve" i've ever seen. my 04 g35x (auto and 240hp) can roll over the tires from a 1st gear punch.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 12-24-2008 at 01:57 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

370 is going to be rear wheel drive not AWD.
    the AWD g37 will be fast - it will be up to sti comparisons, not stock wrxs.

I want the 370 :P
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

umm id put my money on saying a stock 09 wrx would beat a g37......why do people blow so much sugar up g35/350z/370z/g37s aces? g37s really arent much faster then g35s

im pretty sure the new wrxs are running like mid 13s stock and g37s run high 13s on a good day

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    yes there was a awd coupe. up until this year it was called a skyline and only available in japan. now that the "gtr" is totally a separate car from the g, there offering a g37x. with a 6spd 330hp and a awesome awd system good luck in a stage 2 wrx. a stage 2 sti would have its hands full. the engine had flatest tq "curve" i've ever seen. my 04 g35x (auto and 240hp) can roll over the tires from a 1st gear punch.
    They did offer the "Skyline" over here ive worked on a few of them. They had the Infiniti body but were badge as a nissan.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Karl View Post
    umm id put my money on saying a stock 09 wrx would beat a g37......why do people blow so much sugar up g35/350z/370z/g37s aces? g37s really arent much faster then g35s

im pretty sure the new wrxs are running like mid 13s stock and g37s run high 13s on a good day
    Funny enough, my brother was just saying something about the new G sedan being ( somehow ) faster than the coupe....forgot the reason why though.

Also: I dont think there's much of a chance at all the new 70Z will be offered with an AWD option. I've never heard of a Z ( of any year) having AWD. Nissan usually had the skyline for that didnt they ( after 92 I mean)?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Karl View Post

i watched a stock rwd 6spd g37 run 13.6s@100-102 all day. with a shatty 2.2 60ft (i was in the other lane racing him, it would take him to half track to catch me in my g) he did this 4 times in a row. a good 2.0 60ft would be a 13.3ish. now make it awd and 1.8 60ft, 12.9s 13.0s with ease.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 12-26-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I didn't know Infinity offered the G37 Coupe in AWD either.

Looks like the AWD system adds about 200lbs to the car. At 3847lbs and only an Automatic Transmission I wonder how it'll hold up in the corners.

Looked it up on MSN Autos.
    2009 Infiniti G Coupe Exterior - MSN Autos

Exactly, the car is a tugboat.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Looks like the AWD system adds about 200lbs to the car. At 3847lbs and only an Automatic Transmission I wonder how it'll hold up in the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    +1, but it was never meant to be a competition to STI/WRS's. It's a luxury car, and it's a quick car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find many cars that arent weighting in close to that. The days of cars being Sub 3,000lbs are long gone....let alone sub 3,500lbs.

It's a luxo sports sedan/coupe. It's tarket is not the Miata/Sky/Solstice lineup.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.