modded 05 4eat wrx vs stock 03 5eat 350Z - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on modded 05 4eat wrx vs stock 03 5eat 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 DEAD altogether or just in reverse? Dang, that REALLY sucks. If y'all was just ...

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    DEAD altogether or just in reverse? Dang, that REALLY sucks. If y'all was just going for it and both are auto's I wonder what happened to her ride...
    Well, if cars make dying noises than that's what the Z is doing.....no biggy though...this convinced her to trade it in for an 05 STi

Either which way I feel for you, I have only myself to blame if something goes wrong with my car, cause my dad drives mine and he drives it like its a prius LOL
    "Like a prius"

OT: my dad will be gettin an 09' Impreza 2.5i yay! Now my WRX can take a sleep, and I can still enjoy AWD!! wooT wooT!
    Nice!!!! AWD is the shiz in the northeast...wish we still had those crazy snow storms from the 90's though.....stupid global warming
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    Invidia N1 TBE, TurboXS Uppipe, Deadbolt 16G, TurboXS TMIC, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, GP Intake Elbow, B&M Tran Cooler, Perrin Crank Pulley, Turbosmart Tee Boost Controller, Auto Meter Boost Gauge, Auto Meter Cluster Bezel Pod.
    Mildly Tuned to 235hp & 220tq
    by Precision Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoobystas View Post
    how does this dyno compare to a dyno dynamics?
    Ask your tuner what a stock sti puts down?

I think that turbo should be able to run at least 21psi and with that boost you should take the Z. People have run up to 20psi midrange on the stocker and put down close to 230hp so you need to up your boost first before considering a bigger turbo, your snails got more in it.
    stock turbo is only good for 17 psi MAX, anything above that would be out of the turbo's efficiency range

been through it...learned lesson

nice vid.....i guess the Z breaking further proves that Subaru > Nissan....lol just playingg

If i'm not mistaken 4eat_Newbie is rockin a Deadbolt 16g turbo, which is stated in his sig.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    stock turbo is only good for 17 psi MAX, anything above that would be out of the turbo's efficiency range

been through it...learned lesson

STi, you lucky son of gun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie View Post
    this convinced her to trade it in for an 05 STi
    Dads go figure, he's use to drivin tugboats like the Nissan Maxima, and Lexus ES300.

"Like a prius"

I just can't wait to see the look on neighbors faces when we both have the same car LOL only mine is Turbo'd hehe...it's gonna be cool...

Yeah those 90's snowstorms woulda be something else to drive in with this car and decent snow tires...

Nice!!!! AWD is the shiz in the northeast...wish we still had those crazy snow storms from the 90's though.....stupid global warming

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    STi, you lucky son of gun!!!

Dads go figure, he's use to drivin tugboats like the Nissan Maxima, and Lexus ES300.

I just can't wait to see the look on neighbors faces when we both have the same car LOL only mine is Turbo'd hehe...it's gonna be cool...

Yeah those 90's snowstorms woulda be something else to drive in with this car and decent snow tires...
    That reminds me of that big a$$ snowstorm we had her in PA in 96, I felt lucky I wasnt able to drive at that time lol. All I remmeber is 3 ft thick snow.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Snowball fights and sledding was the shizz.....!!! Oh and tackle football in the snow!

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    That reminds me of that big a$$ snowstorm we had her in PA in 96, I felt lucky I wasnt able to drive at that time lol. All I remmeber is 3 ft thick snow.

If i'm not mistaken 4eat_Newbie is rockin a Deadbolt 16g turbo, which is stated in his sig.
    oh no i know he has a 16g, but i was quoting what scoobystas said, that he has seen people run 20psi on the stock turbo and make 230whp

the 16g is good for like 22-23psi.....im runnning mine on 20psi and thats with a boost controller, walbro fuel pump, and 565 cc injectors....i would assume i need bigger injectors to run 23psi

and 4eat_Newbie's car car wasnt aggressively tuned as he stated because the tuner said that he wanted the car to be at a reliable stage due to his stock 4eat tranny....so 235whp is not bad at all though, and he has stated that he is going to upgrade his tranny....better be safe than sorry and stay at 235whp for now than to be at 280whp and destroy your tranny

oh no i know he has a 16g, but i was quoting what scoobystas said, that he has seen people run 20psi on the stock turbo and make 230whp

the 16g is good for like 22-23psi.....im runnning mine on 20psi and thats with a boost controller, walbro fuel pump, and 565 cc injectors....i would assume i need bigger injectors to run 23psi

and 4eat_Newbie's car car wasnt aggressively tuned as he stated because the tuner said that he wanted the car to be at a reliable stage due to his stock 4eat tranny....so 235whp is not bad at all though, and he has stated that he is going to upgrade his tranny....better be safe than sorry and stay at 235whp for now than to be at 280whp and destroy your tranny
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    Invidia N1 TBE, TurboXS Uppipe, Deadbolt 16G, TurboXS TMIC, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, GP Intake Elbow, B&M Tran Cooler, Perrin Crank Pulley, Turbosmart Tee Boost Controller, Auto Meter Boost Gauge, Auto Meter Cluster Bezel Pod.
    by Precision Tuning

My fault, I musta misread scoobystas post. What part of NY you from? I thought I might have see a car like yours on the belt parkway.

yonkers, new york its just north of the bronx

Oh ok, I really don't know north south east or west...but then again I don't go very far. Cool car though...

yonkers, new york its just north of the bronx

Update....My wife's 350Z is DEAD!!!
    Seems she must have broken something during one of our last encounters Sounds like someone's shaking a can of pennies when she puts it in reverse!!! This is both funny and upsetting cause I'm the one who's gonna be paying for the repairs
    Ouch, is the Z AT or MT?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

For a point of reference, when my car was still using the Cobb vf34 map, I put down 275hp/247tq (SAE) right before a stock 2006 STI put down 245hp/255tq as a baseline run. This was on the same dyno at PT.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Ouch, is the Z AT or MT?
    It's a 5 spd auto...gonna find out what is wrong with it tomorrow. Hope it's nothing to serious cause I don't want to have to dig into my "WRX" savings to fix it
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    by Precision Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.