06 07 sti vs mazdaspeed 3 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 07 sti vs mazdaspeed 3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex ok the reason it limits the psi is because of traction loss. a simple ecu tune ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    ok the reason it limits the psi is because of traction loss. a simple ecu tune can get rid of that, but im just saying 45 roll second gear. who would win
    you'd lose cause you would be abandoning your whole powerband. 45mph punch in 2nd gear, it gets 2 55 and ur shifting. Shifting at redline itself in a sti isn't the best thing.

oh and a stock 02 wrx beating this thing
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i watched several videos on youtube of a red 350z, silver ms3, and black sti go at it. the video is in the day and top end, the ms3 pulls the sti everytime. 350z is last in every race.

but i think all three cars were stock. so a stock ms3 pulls a stock sti up top, makes me sad.
    Last edited by scoobystas; 12-13-2008 at 07:18 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobystas View Post
    i watched several videos on youtube of a red 350z, silver ms3, and black sti go at it. the video is in the day and top end, the ms3 pulls the sti everytime. 350z is last in every race.

but i think all three cars were stock. so a stock ms3 pulls a stock sti up top, makes me sad.
    yea i saw this video too, now im actually considering getting one lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobystas View Post

Cause your AWD is dated. You need it to turn RWD after 18mph or unless it detects slip.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I have done this exact race and this race was posted in another thread last year. My 06 sti pulled 3-4 cars on the 07 speed 3 from a stop and 2-3 cars from a 30 roll. both cars were stock at the time. With an intake it is pretty much even at the top end. stage 1 you should walk a speed3 5 outa 5 times

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fastersti View Post
    I have done this exact race and this race was posted in another thread last year. My 06 sti pulled 3-4 cars on the 07 speed 3 from a stop and 2-3 cars from a 30 roll. both cars were stock at the time. With an intake it is pretty much even at the top end. stage 1 you should walk a speed3 5 outa 5 times
    i hope so, i driven the speed 3 and it was pretty quick top end.
    i know that my v6 accord was pretty much even with my sti 45 mph and up

I think the 3s are fat pigs of a car. Just about every comparison article I have read about them puts them as the slowest due to being a fat pig of a car.

My $.02
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    I think the 3s are fat pigs of a car. Just about every comparison article I have read about them puts them as the slowest due to being a fat pig of a car.

My $.02
    Seriously?

I do not know the curb weight off the top of my head, and I'm not going to search, but I'm fairly confident it's going to be on par with several of the class leaders menus the Cobalt.

Banned
    actually they rate it number 1 most of the time,

Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post

My $.02
    That's why it made the top 10 best lists in car magazines right? drugs are bad.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Cause your AWD is dated. You need it to turn RWD after 18mph or unless it detects slip.
    hey my g35x does that exact same thing.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    hey my g35x does that exact same thing.
    I'm still waiting to try it out in the white stuff.

I'm still waiting to try it out in the white stuff.
    amazing. snow mode and figure 8's for FTW! 50/50 split and locked diffs. go over 15mph and you go back to normal mode though. are you on g35driver.com? what year do you have?
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    amazing. snow mode and figure 8's for FTW! 50/50 split and locked diffs. go over 15mph and you go back to normal mode though. are you on g35driver.com? what year do you have?
    I am only on a forum called nico.

Mine is actually an EX35...but it's more or less the same drivetrain just in a "wagon" or "CUV" body.

It's my understanding that once you go over 15 that it goes into it's RWD bias mode until slip is detected then will turn into OMG AWD goodness at that point.

I am only on a forum called nico.

Mine is actually an EX35...but it's more or less the same drivetrain just in a "wagon" or "CUV" body.

It's my understanding that once you go over 15 that it goes into it's RWD bias mode until slip is detected then will turn into OMG AWD goodness at that point.
    sorry assumed g35x. yes it will transfer up 50% to the front as needed. perfect for staying sideways in the snow. how's the vq treating you? you can start an off topic thread if you'd like. also g35driver.com has a ex35/45 section. check it out.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 12-15-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.