Highly Modded '02 WRX VS. Stock '08 350z Nismo edition - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Highly Modded '02 WRX VS. Stock '08 350z Nismo edition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 The Skyline GT-R (pre 370Z) in it's stock form ... Also...please don't perpetuate this "World Rally ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    The Skyline GT-R (pre 370Z) in it's stock form ...

Also...please don't perpetuate this "World Rally Championship Bred!" myth. I <3 my bugeye and all, but it has very little in common with an actual rally car.

The chart looks something like this:

WRC Car ------------------------------------------Subaru WRX--Toyota Camry

Subaru's marketing department did a good job of selling this "your car is a rally car!" stuff.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 04-11-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I'm not going to qoute it....but two posts up is full of fail.
    +1

I love sucking up to mods
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

Wrinklechops
    390whp? What kind of mods do you have wowza

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    So one of my co-workers recently purchased a new 08 350z nismo edition, and wants to run against me (legally of course on a sanctioned import night at the local strip) when we get back from our deployment, right now i'm sitting at just over 390awhp, (click my cardomain for mods) on my bugeye. Curious what everyone thinks on this subject, personally I've never riden in a Z so have at it.
    I don't think the NISMO has much more power than the regular Z...prob not even as much as the 370Z...I'd say you walk him with those mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    So one of my co-workers recently purchased a new 08 350z nismo edition, and wants to run against me (legally of course on a sanctioned import night at the local strip) when we get back from our deployment, right now i'm sitting at just over 390awhp, (click my cardomain for mods) on my bugeye. Curious what everyone thinks on this subject, personally I've never riden in a Z so have at it.
    no offense but this is a retarded question if you really are making 390 whp. It wont even be close. The nizmo is heavier than a regular z and usually runs the same if not slower. I have raced a new z when my sti was stage 1 and I beat him. If you know how to drive I would put some money on this race, cuz you will beat him badly!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I'm not going to qoute it....but two posts up is full of fail.
    unfortunately, not his first, either.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    unfortunately, not his first, either.
    Hey, I have a World Rally Championship bred car with MASSIVE torque to all 4 wheels too - lol

This is an old thread from december.
    Daily Driver: Bone stock 2k6 Impreza
    Sunday car: 2k4 SRT4

Tbh i think you will destroy him, the 4 wheel drive is a huge advantage especially against a heavy 350z. Even the Nismo is slow! On the track it may be a diffrent story but lets face it, who here has ever been beaten by a 350z?? Unless its stupidly tuned it cant compete.

Mini Hijack if allowed???......

A guy my girlfriend knows has just bought a 370z and wants to run against my Cobb Stage 1 09 WRX, I know they post a 4.8 0-60mph and ive managed a 4.7 so it will be close as long as this guy has any clutch control! Thoughts????
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Tbh i think you will destroy him, the 4 wheel drive is a huge advantage especially against a heavy 350z. Even the Nismo is slow! On the track it may be a diffrent story but lets face it, who here has ever been beaten by a 350z?? Unless its stupidly tuned it cant compete.

A guy my girlfriend knows has just bought a 370z and wants to run against my Cobb Stage 1 09 WRX, I know they post a 4.8 0-60mph and ive managed a 4.7 so it will be close as long as this guy has any clutch control! Thoughts????
    You'll get walked. They shine up top.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post

You'll win... Hill Assist> *
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

yeah im not too sure over what distance this will be taking place and im sure the 370z will be faster up top with its slippy body. Hmm, time will tell I guess..... maybe I need stage 4 and just show him up proper! hahaha
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

lol z arent that good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234