Go little boxer go
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Go little boxer go within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have had my 03 wrx for a few months now. With the exception of having an RS Subie I ...

Go little boxer go

I have had my 03 wrx for a few months now. With the exception of having an RS Subie I have mostly had Honda's. This wrx has a turbo back exhaust which was on it when the car was purchased and it is nothing special, 3 inch down pipe 2.5 mid(crappy muffler shop special) and an STI axle back. Other than that it is stock. So anyway I was driving home the other night and this guy in a new model Mustang GT with exhaust just kept riding right next to me trying to instigate a race but seeing as how it was a main street I used my maturity to brush off the urge. Before getting to my house he turned on a side 2 lane road and I decided to go out of my way to see how fast this giant engine was. We raced from about 15 mph until about 90 and to my surprise I was slowly but surely getting the edge until I had pulled a fender length ahead. Super happy since everyone has been playing them off like they aren't the same old crappy V8 with a 3500 pound body and no LSD as they have always been. Technology baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the mustang must have been a convertible, automatic, and had an idiot for a driver to lose in a roll race like that....

my .02$

agreed or never took it out of o/d
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

actually

It was actually a coupe with a manual. I could tell by the way we left the stoplight it wasnt an auto.

Cool kill. But I wouldn't dare call that car crappy. My buddy ran his stock down the 1320 at 13.6 13.7 consistently. I think these new models bring a lot to the table over all it's predecessors.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

agree

I will agree with you on the fact that the new GT is better than before but I am just always disappointed with the full package of the vehicle. The suspension brakes and diff. are just not impressive. But then again I guess if you buy one of these you are not looking for circuit racing but instead drag racing. So in the straight line department they definitely are not bad.

Funny I just watched that show with Tanner Foust last night,
    "Supercars ....." and Tanner drove an Aston Martin Vantage at Laguna Seca agints a Harmon Motive tuned track car and the Sti made the Vantage look stupid. Dont knock the subies
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

yes

Tanners show is cool. I wonder if they will have another season. Top Gear is sweet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    Cool kill. But I wouldn't dare call that car crappy. My buddy ran his stock down the 1320 at 13.6 13.7 consistently. I think these new models bring a lot to the table over all it's predecessors.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

the gt model is over priced over weight and under powered. get a good used 03-04 cobra and make 450whp for 1k. thats a value there. even the new gt500 sure its heavy and under powered to start but will make 500+ with ease. and 1kwhp on the stock internals. good setup there too. but still to pricey for most.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

garbage

Very over priced. made me vomit in my mouth when I saw the price tag at the dealership. I watched a test on the GT500 and it didnt even come with an LSD. How can you run that much power without one? I understand Ford couldn't make everything great or the car would have been way too expensive but my buddies mom bought one for around 70K and I just cant see what you get for that much money. Personally I like being able to turn and stop.

I Support ClubWRX
    The smell of fanboi is strong in here..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

When I saw dealers last year charging $15k plus extra for the Shelby GTs (not the GT500), I laughed my ass off. $15k on top of the price for 25 more hp and some other bits is rip off.

Ford is keeping the pace going with the 2010. 14 more hp on top of the original 300. That will really make the decision between the Camaro and the Mustang a hard one.

That is, if GM sells the Camaro.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The smell of fanboi is strong in here..
    "I sense much fanboi in you, young padawan"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    mustang GTs are great...if you're 17....and a female.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast