7psi TD04 or 7psi T3-T4? Who'll win?

View Poll Results: Which one is the retard?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me

4 21.05%
  • My Friend

0 0%
  • My Friend, but I'm still a tard for blowing my engine

0 0%
  • Megan Fox is HOT

15 78.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 7psi TD04 or 7psi T3-T4? Who'll win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so my car(not running yet) boosts 7psi on stock turbo, my friend has an teg who is soon to ...

Question 7psi TD04 or 7psi T3-T4? Who'll win?

Okay so my car(not running yet) boosts 7psi on stock turbo, my friend has an teg who is soon to have a t3-t4 turbo, he said he's gonna boost, and that he's gonna beat me. Is this like the question, 'what's heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?'? I say i'll win cuz of my awd and we're boosting the same, he says he'll win cuz his turbo is bigger than mine and cuz he's lighter. Which one of us is the retard?
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    Okay so my car(not running yet) boosts 7psi on stock turbo, my friend has an teg who is soon to have a t3-t4 turbo, he said he's gonna boost, and that he's gonna beat me. Is this like the question, 'what's heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?'? I say i'll win cuz of my awd and we're boosting the same, he says he'll win cuz his turbo is bigger than mine and cuz he's lighter. Which one of us is the retard?
    From a stop, you, providing you can launch, from a roll....most likely him.
    What year teg, and what body trim? (ls, gs, gsr) If he is ls-vtec and boosted you are going to lose kind sir

Well we'll most likely race from the dig, and he has a 98 ls, non-vtak.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    Okay so my car(not running yet) boosts 7psi on stock turbo,
    This is basically stock wastegate pressure. Why is your car not running correctly? Why are you racing around in a car not running correctly?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

fix your car to run stock psi. his non vtec b16/8 won't even make 200whp. u should win all the way around.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Yeah, why are not boosting correctly? Stock boost should be around 12psi.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to find out why/where you lost 5 psi of boost first.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

so for what its worth i think he will take you.

7 psi on 9.2:1 compression(integra motor), is WAY different than 7 psi on 8:1 compression (WRX motor)

You make 227hp, but only when your boosting stock levels (i.e. 13.5psi. ) Running only half the boost, or WG pressure, will seriously undermine your power. I would be suprised if your engine made over 180 hp with 7psi.

he weights 300lbs less than you. He makes 140hp stock. Add 7 psi of inter-cooled boost (setup properly) and he will easily make over 200 Crank HP. I'm assuming if he's boosting he also has exhaust done.

You need to fix your car.....

You should also fix all this crap too.

I have 10 CELs, NEED HELP
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Sounds like someone bought a used car that had a boost controller removed, and the pill not reinserted....that's usually the psi you see with a F'ed up vaccum line setup. I would definitley look into that setup!
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    This is basically stock wastegate pressure. Why is your car not running correctly? Why are you racing around in a car not running correctly?
    It has major problems, I posted them here: I have 10 CELs, NEED HELP

And I'm not racing, I'm not even driving the car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    fix your car to run stock psi. his non vtec b16/8 won't even make 200whp. u should win all the way around.
    I don't know how to fix it, I may have a boost leak, as fas as I know I've been boosting 7 ever since I bought the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Yeah, why are not boosting correctly? Stock boost should be around 12psi.
    I really don't know. I know, yet what I don't know is why I'm only doing 7. Maybe one of you guys can lead me to a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    You need to find out why/where you lost 5 psi of boost first.
    I did some research a while back, I just got confused lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    so for what its worth i think he will take you.

7 psi on 9.2:1 compression(integra motor), is WAY different than 7 psi on 8:1 compression (WRX motor)

You make 227hp, but only when your boosting stock levels (i.e. 13.5psi. ) Running only half the boost, or WG pressure, will seriously undermine your power. I would be suprised if your engine made over 180 hp with 7psi.

he weights 300lbs less than you. He makes 140hp stock. Add 7 psi of inter-cooled boost (setup properly) and he will easily make over 200 Crank HP. I'm assuming if he's boosting he also has exhaust done.

You need to fix your car.....
    Whoa, I need to fix my other problems before I fix my boost problem. Do you have an idea why I'm boosting so low?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    You should also fix all this crap too.

I have 10 CELs, NEED HELP
    Yes, I am aware of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Sounds like someone bought a used car that had a boost controller removed, and the pill not reinserted....that's usually the psi you see with a F'ed up vaccum line setup. I would definitley look into that setup!
    Dude, you're awesome. I'll look into that, thanks.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

I would baseline your car. Meaning, put your engine back to stock. Put the vacuum lines/pill back, replace the bov with stocker, remove the boost controller, and reset the ECU back to the stock map.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I would baseline your car. Meaning, put your engine back to stock. Put the vacuum lines/pill back, replace the bov with stocker, remove the boost controller, and reset the ECU back to the stock map.
    My engine is pretty much stock, I never touched the vacuum lines/pills, maybe the previous owner did, i got the bov way before this boost problem, I dont have a boost controller, just a turo timer with boost gauge inside, and I never modified my ecu, maybe the previous owner did. I don't know the difference.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

I've never understood why Honda owners tend to use giant turbos just to get 7-8 psi in their 1.8 liter engine. Is it an interim solution? Do they plan to jack up the boost on race gas at the track?

Otherwise the lag and extra expense for the turbo is ridiculous. I know the lag will help with traction on their FWD but why not run a smaller turbo at that pressure and get some response out of their car!?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

my local honda tuner made 220/200trq on 10psi and 209/188 on 7psi on one t3/4 powered ls. and another ls with 550's t3/4 and made 246/212 in hot florida weather...on a dynojet...soo maybe not the best readings lmao.

http://www.tunedbylorange.com/93LSTurbo.jpg

L'Orange Auto

so im guessing teg will pull up top
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1234

"If it has **** or tires it will give you problems"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast