7psi TD04 or 7psi T3-T4? Who'll win? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which one is the retard?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me

4 21.05%
  • My Friend

0 0%
  • My Friend, but I'm still a tard for blowing my engine

0 0%
  • Megan Fox is HOT

15 78.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 7psi TD04 or 7psi T3-T4? Who'll win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M I've never understood why Honda owners tend to use giant turbos just to get 7-8 ...

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I've never understood why Honda owners tend to use giant turbos just to get 7-8 psi in their 1.8 liter engine. Is it an interim solution? Do they plan to jack up the boost on race gas at the track?

Otherwise the lag and extra expense for the turbo is ridiculous. I know the lag will help with traction on their FWD but why not run a smaller turbo at that pressure and get some response out of their car!?
    Cuz he's a retard, he's better off swapping turbos with me lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheManCub View Post
    my local honda tuner made 220/200trq on 10psi and 209/188 on 7psi on one t3/4 powered ls. and another ls with 550's t3/4 and made 246/212 in hot florida weather...on a dynojet...soo maybe not the best readings lmao.

http://www.tunedbylorange.com/93LSTurbo.jpg

L'Orange Auto

so im guessing teg will pull up top
    ...okay so what if If I fix my boost leak to run 13.5psi, who'll win then?

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    ...okay so what if If I fix my boost leak to run 13.5psi, who'll win then?
    [God Bless You]
    Well that will help, but think of it this way. You will be putting around 180 to the wheels (with stock boost, catback), while he will probably be putting down around 200. He weighs 300lbs less than you.

So in short, if you can drive and have a decent launch you should put a good amount on him, but he will still pull you up top. That's just how it is.

For now stop worrying about all that and figure out how to sell your following mods

-F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit (This is WAY to strong of a clutch for your power level and will most likely break your transmission. Replace with stock clutch)

-Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV (simply not needed)

-Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV (replace with stock bypass valve and help your car run a little smoother)

Use the money you get from selling these to take your car to a reputable Subaru mechanic and have it completely checked out, and any problems diagnosed/fixed and returned to stock.

Are you sure that 7psi is your peak? Or does your gauge show that when you are on part throttle? You should make roughly 13.5 PSI only as a peak (quickly tapers down after reached). I get a similar pressure output when I'm not at peak HP/TQ.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Well that will help, but think of it this way. You will be putting around 180 to the wheels (with stock boost, catback), while he will probably be putting down around 200. He weighs 300lbs less than you.

So in short, if you can drive and have a decent launch you should put a good amount on him, but he will still pull you up top. That's just how it is.

For now stop worrying about all that and figure out how to sell your following mods

-F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit (This is WAY to strong of a clutch for your power level and will most likely break your transmission. Replace with stock clutch)

-Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV (simply not needed)

-Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV (replace with stock bypass valve and help your car run a little smoother)

Use the money you get from selling these to take your car to a reputable Subaru mechanic and have it completely checked out, and any problems diagnosed/fixed and returned to stock.
    Oh well, that sucks. Well I have my stage 3 really loose since I read that it'll be dangerous since we have a glass box tranny, I haven't had no problem, it's practically stock lol. And for the timer, well it has boost gauge in it, and that the only reason I use, I plan to get rid of it once I purchase a cob ap. And the reason I purshased the bov is cuz I'm getting a t4m for $200 cuz we obviously don't need to upgrade bov's with stock turbo, oh yea and it sounds really nice

Well I have $400, I got laid off till january so I won't be getting any checks in for 2 months, so I posted this: I have 10 CELs, NEED HELP

to see if any of you subaru junkies can help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Are you sure that 7psi is your peak? Or does your gauge show that when you are on part throttle? You should make roughly 13.5 PSI only as a peak (quickly tapers down after reached). I get a similar pressure output when I'm not at peak HP/TQ.
    Well thats what it showed when I revved 7k rpm, and when I drive too if I'm remembering correctly. My buddies did an experiment by blocking the wastegate and I reached 1.13 hkpa (16.3psi) with the car choking, when I put everything back to normal and drive fast, it read .50something hkpa which is like 7psi, I vaguely remember getting .70something hkpa (10psi) but I don't know.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

I Support ClubWRX
    Well thats what it showed when I revved 7k rpm, and when I drive too if I'm remembering correctly... but I don't know.
    Neither does anyone else.

I can't speak for others, but my main problem in trying to help you is that you seem unwilling to provide a complete story in a way other people can understand. If you're not "remembering correctly" what's the point of posting for help? Who would be able to help you remotely without knowing details? At this point, no information is better than half the information.

I recommend posting the full story, or getting help locally from a trusted mechanic or dealer. I don't predict anything meaningful coming about with the existing posts. Good luck.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Neither does anyone else.

I can't speak for others, but my main problem in trying to help you is that you seem unwilling to provide a complete story in a way other people can understand. If you're not "remembering correctly" what's the point of posting for help? Who would be able to help you remotely without knowing details? At this point, no information is better than half the information.

I recommend posting the full story, or getting help locally from a trusted mechanic or dealer. I don't predict anything meaningful coming about with the existing posts. Good luck.
    Well thats funny cuz in my other post about the 10 cels I gave a full story with pics and everything and I'm not receiving any possible solutions.

I would be more than happy to more than happy to give exact details but car doesn't turn on, I'll have to at least attempt to turn it on for like 15-20 minutes so it can finally turn on, and then I have to wait like 10 minutes for it to warm up because If I press the gas pedal before it warms up the car will turn off, and usually in the process of turning it on some old geezer neighbor complaints cuz of the noise.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Well thats funny cuz in my other post about the 10 cels I gave a full story with pics and everything and I'm not receiving any possible solutions.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Almost sounds like the manifold harness is disconnected.
    Hmmm...
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Hmmm...
    Yes, you're right. And then I said that I don't know where that is (in expectancy of someone telling me). I searched in google images, nothing specific. Come on man I came to you guys for help, not to be given a hard time, I provided good info and pics, I bet if I just posted "need help, car trouble turning on, high idle, stalling, performance sucks, these are my cels (names cels)" it wouldve been the same answers.

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

So, you are saying you need a specific picture of someone telling you which connectors to check?

These are the sort of things you pay competent mechanics to do...
    Last edited by wrx wagone; 11-11-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    So, you are saying you need a specific picture of someone telling you which connectors to check?

These are the sort of things you pay competent mechanics to do...
    No, i'll just check al the connectors myself. yea but the thing is that i'm short on money, i got laid off, only have 400 bucks for two months. And i'm afraid that a competent mechanic will take advantage of the situation since i'm not knowledgeable enough about the car to defend myself, you know? Like freakin Mastro Subaru charged me 500 to take my old engine out the car and find what the problem was and 500 more to put it back in, i'm not freakin rish(wrote it wrong on purpose)

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Megan Fox is HOT!!

But it sounds like you have a lot to do before any racing gets done.

But GL with getting everything fixed and running like normal. There has to be someone in your area that can help you out with everything or maybe just check it out to get some more info and stuff.
    King Dustin
    Bugeye Mafia # 195
    Cobb Stage 2
    2002 PSM WRX

"
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back. "

I Support ClubWRX
    Well thats funny cuz
    I see no humour in it at all, but if you do I suppose that's fine. It's your threads and your car, after all.

in my other post about the 10 cels I gave a full story with pics and everything and I'm not receiving any possible solutions.
    Given the way the (lack of...) information is presented, people are really trying very hard to help. I'd recommend seriously considering writing down the story with the problem in a linear and logical manner. Here's an example of why people are having a hard time:

I would be more than happy to more than happy to give exact details
    Um, OK, thanks?! People are trying to help you.

and usually in the process of turning it on some old geezer neighbor complaints cuz of the noise.
    "Cuz" isn't even a word, and none of this has anything to do with the problem.

Again, just some advice for the other thread and future threads: consider stating:
    1. The history. All of it. Saying "the motor is stock" and then "I don't know, I didn't do it, maybe the previous owner did something" makes it impossible to help.
    2. Just the history.
    3. The problem.
    4, Just the problem.

Hopefully someone will help. I confess I'm baffled. If not by the car itself, certainly by the posts.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDustin007 View Post
    Megan Fox is HOT!!

But it sounds like you have a lot to do before any racing gets done.

But GL with getting everything fixed and running like normal. There has to be someone in your area that can help you out with everything or maybe just check it out to get some more info and stuff.
    I wuv her

There is someone but he lives like 20 minutes away plus he knows about about bikes than cars, and subaru is more complex so even worse

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Wow, I just realized that this and the 10 CEL's are the same thread!

You have quite a few things to check on! Personally, don't even worry about who would win in a race. You redline your car running like it is, that motors bound to go.

And here's why people say change your mods:

1.Clutch-Yes, the trannys are known to go (the gears). Think of your clutch as a shear pin. It busts before your gears do. A clutch replacment is 1/2 that of a gearset, if not more. That clutch will grip until you tourque your gears to round disks!
    2.BOV-Yes it makes a cool noise. But, the air that escapes to atmosphere is supposed to recirculate into the motor to even out the idle between shifts. You'll run richer and your idle will stink!
    3.Timer-the idea of the timer is to keep the oil circulating through your turbo when you turn it off to keep it from baking. Your turbo should have a coolant jacket, thus rendering it un-needed. Get a mechanical gauge and pod, they'll run you $70 (if you find a stock Lamco gauge that comes with the car usually). It acutally plugs right into your wiring harness and vacum lines

So now you know.....
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Wow, I just realized that this and the 10 CEL's are the same thread!

You have quite a few things to check on! Personally, don't even worry about who would win in a race. You redline your car running like it is, that motors bound to go.

And here's why people say change your mods:

1.Clutch-Yes, the trannys are known to go (the gears). Think of your clutch as a shear pin. It busts before your gears do. A clutch replacment is 1/2 that of a gearset, if not more. That clutch will grip until you tourque your gears to round disks!
    2.BOV-Yes it makes a cool noise. But, the air that escapes to atmosphere is supposed to recirculate into the motor to even out the idle between shifts. You'll run richer and your idle will stink!
    3.Timer-the idea of the timer is to keep the oil circulating through your turbo when you turn it off to keep it from baking. Your turbo should have a coolant jacket, thus rendering it un-needed. Get a mechanical gauge and pod, they'll run you $70 (if you find a stock Lamco gauge that comes with the car usually). It acutally plugs right into your wiring harness and vacum lines

So now you know.....
    Well it merged to same topic lol, but come one man that bov costs me 245 lol, shouldnt I keep it for the turbo upgrade? well I do have a stock clutch that came with the engine I bought, but its in worse condition than the stage 3, so I should buy a new clutch, any recommendations? or maybe i should just buy another stock clutch?

~Kano~
    [God Bless Me With Truckster's Knowledge]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.