Why is WRX insurance so expensive? Dorifting accomplishments inside here! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Why is WRX insurance so expensive? Dorifting accomplishments inside here! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How is it you have all those things covered with full coverage at your age for that little? There's something ...

Banned
    How is it you have all those things covered with full coverage at your age for that little? There's something you're leaving out. Is this military insurance? Do you have some sort of discount because of a family member? Is this a local insurance company desperate for business so they offer low rates like that?

I'm 37 with no tickets in 5 years, only 1 ticket ever on my record from back in 1996, I've only had one insurance claim and that was two years ago and it was for comprehensive due to a flood, not driving, and for me to cover my car the cheapest I can get it for is $140. Renter's insurance would add another $20 a month, another car would bump it up at least another $$60 for total coverage and another with just liability would probably add $40 more. An atv would add another $20 a month so the cheapest I could get it for is around $280 a month.

You're 13 years younger and with a worse driving record it seems so it should be more not less so what's the catch here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    How is it you have all those things covered with full coverage at your age for that little? There's something you're leaving out. Is this military insurance? Do you have some sort of discount because of a family member? Is this a local insurance company desperate for business so they offer low rates like that?

I'm 37 with no tickets in 5 years, only 1 ticket ever on my record from back in 1996, I've only had one insurance claim and that was two years ago and it was for comprehensive due to a flood, not driving, and for me to cover my car the cheapest I can get it for is $140. Renter's insurance would add another $20 a month, another car would bump it up at least another $$60 for total coverage and another with just liability would probably add $40 more. An atv would add another $20 a month so the cheapest I could get it for is around $280 a month.

You're 13 years younger and with a worse driving record it seems so it should be more not less so what's the catch here?
    There is a lot more stuff to hit in Conn. vs. Utah.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post

As mycologist said, it's likely the area that I'm in. My insurance company is also a great one and I've had them since my first vehicle at 16, so there is some preferred rates as well as a credit score discount that they do. Also, in about 2 months I'll be getting about $1500 back from a no accident refund thing they do so I get a portion of my payments back. Pretty sweet.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I'm 28 years old and live in Los Angeles, CA.

2010 WRX hatch base:
    State Farm
    Full Coverage
    w/Uninsured Motorist, etc
    $83 month

I haven't had about 5 tickets in 12 years, but never had a point on my record. I was lucky enough that they were spaced out so that I had traffic school.

Strangely, my WRX insurance cost has decreased, while my insurance for my 2001 Tacoma and GTO have risen...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

90 through a daycare using blood and organs as lubricant under my tires helping me whip the rear end around a bunch of girl scout cookie stands... and girl scouts. I started losing speed so I had to end my drift before I ran through a bunch of Haitian orphans. I'll take it at 120 next time.

Oh i pay $120 a month for my 2009 WRX, 2004 Durango and homeowners. USAA. Clean, clean, clean record Wife has tickets.
    Last edited by wrx1234; 03-30-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    90 through a daycare using blood and organs as lubricant under my tires helping me whip the rear end around a bunch of girl scout cookie stands... and girl scouts. I started losing speed so I had to end my drift before I ran through a bunch of Haitian orphans. I'll take it at 120 next time.

Oh i pay $120 a month for my 2009 WRX, 2004 Durango and homeowners. USAA. Clean, clean, clean record Wife has tickets.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ed1981 View Post
    I'm 28 years old and live in Los Angeles, CA.

2010 WRX hatch base:
    State Farm
    Full Coverage
    w/Uninsured Motorist, etc
    $83 month
    31 Yrs old
    Norfolk VA
    same year/car as above
    Geico
    full coverage, two levels above minimum required, 0 deductible for windshield glass, $50 deductibles for everything else. Clean record

$95 / month.

Its funny how other factors including income and credit rating effect your rates just as much as the real risk factors like Age, location and driving record do. Insurance is a good thing, but how they calculate rates based on risk assessment is way off. My credit rating has no impact on how I drive and shouldn't be a factor.. but it is. Good thing my credit score looks better than my driving record does lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.