Why is WRX insurance so expensive? Dorifting accomplishments inside here! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why is WRX insurance so expensive? Dorifting accomplishments inside here! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Spun out at just under 170...

Spun out at just under 170

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Took a offramp at 80kmh (one of those that you know quite well and tend to push a little harder each time) only to find a trunk layed a nice diesel spill for me!
    The backside stepped out, natural reaction stepped in and I countersteerd... lucky for me the road was 2 lanes wide. Cars behind me backed way off...
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I got the wrx sideways at 50mph on a wet road, it was goofy, I had to look out the passanger window and windshield with the A pillar blocking my view...very scary though lol. Other than that I took a switchback at 45 in my old civic and slid around it perfectly, right before I flipped the car like 5 min later on a hard corner lol
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

Maybe 60ish when an suv decided that looking before switching lanes was for loosers and hit my rear drivers side causing my backend to slide out upon which I hit a curb and bounced off that and had my drift slowed by a nice brick wall.

Need to say that was in my old rx8 rest it's soul, now I upgraded to the Rex. Not one of my memorable drift momments I must say as any planned drifts I usually took it easy going 30ish to 40ish on dirt roads.

DUB
    I'm normally looking at the road, not the speedo.

35 on dirt

Havent tried to get sideways on tarmac lol cant find a street big enough and I guess I just dont got the balls to do it right now.

I Support ClubWRX

Tete-a-queue

Are we counting stuff like doing a full 2X tete-a-queue and putting a car worth two years' salaries back then through a brick wall backwards as a result? And I'm not cheating on the rotations, I'm being lenient and saying 2. Figure 100 kph or so. It doesn't take much in my hands, that's the advantage of being clueless and having no relation whatsoever to driving.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

^^^Winner.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Are we counting stuff like doing a full 2X tete-a-queue and putting a car worth two years' salaries back then through a brick wall backwards as a result? And I'm not cheating on the rotations, I'm being lenient and saying 2. Figure 100 kph or so. It doesn't take much in my hands, that's the advantage of being clueless and having no relation whatsoever to driving.
    I saw you do that on Top Gear...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I'm normally looking at the road, not the speedo.
    I was about to say the same thing LOL

About 95-100mph on my KLR685 in the dirt, routinely, which is its top speed.

About 120 mph or so in turn two at Jennings on the R6, let the rear step out in that little dip, and about 100 in turn 12 thinking I could keep the throttle pinned all the way to the braking point on turn 13. They told me that was only possible with slicks, not overheated street tires.

In the 2.5 RS, I think about 60-70 in the dirt and about 70-80 on the street.

The worst one was a mistake thinking I could match the cornering speed of my Ninja with .... a Kia. It did alright until the midcorner bump bounced the rear end out at about 85 mph, sending me into a miserable two lane drift which I barley saved.
    Lucky no one was coming the other way.

55 I think but my speedo broke so unsure

drifting??.....what's drifting...........you mean when you slide that sum b!tch sideways in a corner lol
    09 WRX Wagon

went over an elevated train tack crossing at 45
    (sign said 5mph) and dukes of hazarded right into a ford explorer head on.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

I hard brake-checked an overloaded dumptruck...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.