Subaru WRX Forum banner

stage 2 wrx vs ls1 transam (Stock)

10K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  PhantomGTO 
#1 ·
Who do you guys think would win :)

#2 ·
I say it'd be close down low with the LS1 pulling away up top. Auto or manual TA wouldn't make much difference but of course the manual would require a decent driver. Auto = aim and floor it, with no missed shifts.

Matching their acceleration after 100 will require a turbo upgrade.

#5 ·
I've ran an 01 t/a automatic stock vs. my stage 1 06 WRX. By the end of 80mph the front bumper of the T/A was at my rear bumper. T/C was on for the T/A which may have killed some of the power from the start. Dispite being roughly 3600lbs these LS1's can move. This was actually against my girlfriend. She got me back later on with her LS2 (06 Vette). So now that I can afford it I'm looking to upgrade to something faster than my 06 WRX.

#6 ·
+1. The LS1 should catchup and pass on the top-end. You can make a lot of power with an LS1 for little cash...

#8 ·
Coworker of mine has a '95 Camaro LS1 auto and was thinking of taking him on with my stock '07 WRX. It will be close, since he's kinda noob, and especially if we wait until after I get my stage 1 road tune on Tuesday.

#9 ·
Has he had an engine transplant? To the best of my knowledge, the LS1 wasn't available in the Camaro 'til the '98 model. The '95 came with an LT1 engine, which is not quite in the same league.

#13 ·
looked slow to me? lol. twin turbo? sts?

#15 ·
nice, any times?

#18 ·
Old thread... but as for LT1s there are a lot of big claims of high 13's-low 14s. A lot of stockish or bolt on ones are complete dogs. I know my STi would pull on my friends bolt on LT1 from a roll all the way up until top of sixth.

The LS1 is of course a different story. I have seen a few dogs(high mileage, poor condition, 2.73 auto, flowmasters etc..) that are not up to par with mild built or stockish STis from a roll and of course not a dig. But a regular wrx... eh IDK. Huge horsepower deficiency there and I dont know if stage 2 could make up for that.

I know I've played around with subies from a roll in my Trans Am where they probably thought I was wot, that probably posted their stories here at one time. But I generally think it would take a substantial amount of motor work and a swapped turbo for a wrx to take on stock and bolt on ls1s in fair condition with a competent driver. Always worth a try though!

#19 ·
I'd like to share that I took down a 395rwhp 06 LS2 GTO with my 06 WRX and 04 LS1 GTO. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.