stage 2 wrx vs ls1 transam (Stock) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs ls1 transam (Stock) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 nice, any times? Best of 10.2x It was a 6 speed.......

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    nice, any times?
    Best of 10.2x

It was a 6 speed....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNEffect View Post
    I think you're correct. It's gotta be an LT1. But even that puts out 300/325 hp (new of course). It's got over 100k miles for sure, so yeah, it would be a pretty even battle, with him edging me out after 3rd gear or so.
    ...LT1's were rated at 275hp (285 for the 96-97 model year). and subsequently put down around 240-250 at the wheels in stock form, on a car that weighs roughly 3400lbs without the driver. i think an STI should have no problem holding off an LT1 powered vehicle.
    ...now LS1's...thats a "slightly" different story...
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

Old thread... but as for LT1s there are a lot of big claims of high 13's-low 14s. A lot of stockish or bolt on ones are complete dogs. I know my STi would pull on my friends bolt on LT1 from a roll all the way up until top of sixth.

The LS1 is of course a different story. I have seen a few dogs(high mileage, poor condition, 2.73 auto, flowmasters etc..) that are not up to par with mild built or stockish STis from a roll and of course not a dig. But a regular wrx... eh IDK. Huge horsepower deficiency there and I dont know if stage 2 could make up for that.

I know I've played around with subies from a roll in my Trans Am where they probably thought I was wot, that probably posted their stories here at one time. But I generally think it would take a substantial amount of motor work and a swapped turbo for a wrx to take on stock and bolt on ls1s in fair condition with a competent driver. Always worth a try though!

I'd like to share that I took down a 395rwhp 06 LS2 GTO with my 06 WRX and 04 LS1 GTO.
    04 GTO M6 - LS2 heads, Cam, intake, exhaust, 3.91's
    411/380
    PB: 11.7 @ 122, 1.7 60'
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter
    Opensource tune by Precision Tuning - 383/365 (20psi)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.