02wrx vs. t3/t4 d16 civic

This is a discussion on 02wrx vs. t3/t4 d16 civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey i have one for you. i drive a 2002 srp wrx. the only mods i have so far in ...

02wrx vs. t3/t4 d16 civic

hey i have one for you. i drive a 2002 srp wrx. the only mods i have so far in a cb and aftermarket rad. my friend own a 99 civic coupe. he p[lans on throwning on a t3/t4 turbo with supporting mods and a tune. he had a d16 which is a single cam vtech. he thinks about 250whp is what he will be puching

who would win?

and then after i get up, dp, stage 2 tune, and turn it up to 16psi?

then who would win?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon89 View Post
    hey i have one for you. i drive a 2002 srp wrx. the only mods i have so far in a cb and aftermarket rad. my friend own a 99 civic coupe. he p[lans on throwning on a t3/t4 turbo with supporting mods and a tune. he had a d16 which is a single cam vtech. he thinks about 250whp is what he will be puching

who would win?

and then after i get up, dp, stage 2 tune, and turn it up to 16psi?

then who would win?
    Stock 2002 WRX puts out around 160-180awhp if memory serves, stage 2 I think is around 230-250awhp.

You might take him from a dig for a short while, but either way he's gonna run away from you once your moving. You're driving a heavier AWD car, awd driveline losses are teh suck. Upgrade your turbo if you want to compete with a 250whp turbo Civic.

IMHO - hondas from that era didn't make enough torque, but were light enough that they still felt quick. Bolting on a turbo adds plenty of much needed torque.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

ok i got you. what about 250crank hp. i didnt know witch whats he means but i would like to see your opinon on both?

ok i got you. what about 250crank hp. i didnt know witch whats he means but i would like to see your opinon on both?
    If he puts out 250whp, you will get smoked badly.

If he puts out 250 crank, you will still probably get smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    If he puts out 250whp, you will get smoked badly.

If he puts out 250 crank, you will still probably get smoked.
    +1 They are so damn light they can be rocket sled's without actually having that much power. If only subaru would come out with a real lightened version of the WRX. none of the TR crap, but an actually significantly lighter version.

If it really is a D16 that he's going to boost, and the number he's speculating is 250 hp, it's probably to the crank. You're talking about an engine that only makes around 115bhp stock, and if all he's going to do is put a turbo w/mods and tune, it's not going to reach 250 to the wheel. I've seen boosted '99s run mid 13's to 15's in a 1/4 mile. It really depends on what qualifies as "supporting mods" to determine how you'll fare against him. If he did a B or K series swap it would be a different story.
    Last edited by McGizzle; 11-07-2008 at 05:52 AM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Banned
    well ill tell you what i do know.

my friends b16a2 coupe turboed with 222 whp took my other freinds stock sti from a roll pretty badly.

a boosted b16a2...quick suckers. A little anemic when it comes to torque though. What year is the coupe?
    Last edited by McGizzle; 11-07-2008 at 05:59 AM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

how about the same wrx with just a catback vs a 94 si hatch with i/h/e?

Banned
    how about the same wrx with just a catback vs a 94 si hatch with i/h/e?
    u will take it. a 94 hatch si comes with a single cam engine with 125 hp.