Stage 2 wrx vs Cayenne Turbo S
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 wrx vs Cayenne Turbo S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last weekend was driving home from a sports game with a buddy of mine and got in a good race ...

Stage 2 wrx vs Cayenne Turbo S

Last weekend was driving home from a sports game with a buddy of mine and got in a good race with a Cayenne Turbo S with at least an exhaust maybe more, sounded very good. We both started from a roll, in second gear for me. We both floor it and im right next to him all the way through second gear. Shift in to third and still next to him, he is slightly head of me, with our fronts within a couple of feet from each other in distance. By the time i redline third he has gotten a little more ground on me, but im still very close to him. Thats when i let off. I just thought that the twin turbo V8 would have killed me. Its got some 500 plus horsepower and torque. I think I could have taken him 0-60 from a stop. He seemed to have alot more top end power and would have easily taken me in fourth. My car is a 02 WRX with tbe, drop in filter, sti IC, and protuned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not like they put 500 hp in a old 914. That thing is a tank and gearing isnt designed for street racing up to 60 either.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

What kind of HP/TQ numbers are you putting down?

The Cayenne Turbo S is pretty fast, even for a car, so I'm not surprised how you did against him. I don't think you'd beat him from a dig though. With an auto tranny, launching that car is really easy and it's a sub 5 second car every time.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Haven't dynoed in a while but last time I put down 220 hp and 225 tq. I have added a couple of things and got retuned since then. Maybe putting down now 230-235 ish.

It weighs 5600 lbs, give or take, and is good for mid 13's at 106-107 mph. Top speed about 170 mph... Good enough to start gradually pulling away from a Stage II WRX at higher speeds, yet keeping close early on like you experienced.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.