stage 2 wrx vs mustang gt - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi What years, what drivetrains, what kind of race? Doesn't matter. As long as the OP knows ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    What years, what drivetrains, what kind of race?
    Doesn't matter. As long as the OP knows how to drive and he isn't using Cobb's OTS map, he will win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Doesn't matter. As long as the OP knows how to drive and he isn't using Cobb's OTS map, he will win.
    A very vague question was asked in his first post. Your response is also as vague. Most stage 2 wrx's I've seen are not all that "fast". I'd give the win to a 05+ Mustang in most races if drivers are equal.

And if you negate the WRX's Launch by going from a low roll he'll lose. These are 14-15 second cars stock without a launch (wrx).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

if the stang is on street tires the best ive seen them get is a low 15...wit street radials or slicks and an exhaust i saw one go 14.4 but that was his best run....but as stated from a 60 up roll the stang has a very good chance

my friend has an early 2000 gt.. it doesn't seem as fast as people make it sound.

I've been reading this thread and something happened on the way home tonight; I ran a mustang - seemed to be the new model ones had the round circle lights in the grill with the normal headlights with the plastic lens covering them.

Now I saw the Mustang going the opposite direction of me, looked in my rearview mirror saw he made a u-turn, now he is goin the same direction as me but I'm at least 4 blocks ahead of him. when I saw he was about 1.5 car lengths behind me i floor'd it from a 30mph roll, he obviously went past me (Big V8), but I pulled on him hard, he then hits the brakes as do I since I'm following him then he WOT it! I do the same once again from a 30mph roll but this time my car pulls harder now I'm on his bumper, he brakes again I do the same once more and he WOT it once more I do the same but this time it's from a 40mph roll and I pull even harder on him right on his bumper again this time not letting up, he's giving his Stang whateva it has and my WRX is right up his behind. There was a car that seemed to be reversing and making a left LOL dood seemed confused - the Mustang went on the wrong lane to overtake the guy, I shut it down when I saw the confused guys and figured that was a good run and I dont wanna wreck my precious WRX.

So according to MSN Auto there are 4 Mustangs out 2 of them V6's and 2 of them V8's, I'm almost positive that I went at it with the V8 because of that american growl we all know about. To me I wasn't that impressed, mind you my car is a 4EAT, I wished I had my SPT catback with my perrin down/up pipes and perrin equal length headers and turbo inlet hose with drop in filer (all in basement), would love to see if the outcome woulda been different.

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    I've been reading this thread and something happened on the way home tonight; I ran a mustang - seemed to be the new model ones had the round circle lights in the grill with the normal headlights with the plastic lens covering them.

Now I saw the Mustang going the opposite direction of me, looked in my rearview mirror saw he made a u-turn, now he is goin the same direction as me but I'm at least 4 blocks ahead of him. when I saw he was about 1.5 car lengths behind me i floor'd it from a 30mph roll, he obviously went past me (Big V8), but I pulled on him hard, he then hits the brakes as do I since I'm following him then he WOT it! I do the same once again from a 30mph roll but this time my car pulls harder now I'm on his bumper, he brakes again I do the same once more and he WOT it once more I do the same but this time it's from a 40mph roll and I pull even harder on him right on his bumper again this time not letting up, he's giving his Stang whateva it has and my WRX is right up his behind. There was a car that seemed to be reversing and making a left LOL dood seemed confused - the Mustang went on the wrong lane to overtake the guy, I shut it down when I saw the confused guys and figured that was a good run and I dont wanna wreck my precious WRX.

So according to MSN Auto there are 4 Mustangs out 2 of them V6's and 2 of them V8's, I'm almost positive that I went at it with the V8 because of that american growl we all know about. To me I wasn't that impressed, mind you my car is a 4EAT, I wished I had my SPT catback with my perrin down/up pipes and perrin equal length headers and turbo inlet hose with drop in filer (all in basement), would love to see if the outcome woulda been different.
    If your a 4EAT and stock, and you pulled him from 40, then it was a V6.

That or he didn't know he was racing....

If it's one thing I know - he WAS racing. The other thing was no V-6 sounds the way it did, now mind you he kept braking maybe for those stop signs, but believe you me I was on his bumper and he knew I was there, when I shut it down he musta been doing at least 90mph - he was definitely going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    If your a 4EAT and stock, and you pulled him from 40, then it was a V6.

That or he didn't know he was racing....

I Support ClubWRX
    I was commuting to work the other day in my 4-cylinder Ford Ranger, just minding my own business. Imagine my surprise when a shiny, new Bugatti Veyron pulls up alongside, and starts revving on me! I went for it. I pulled hard on him from 40 to 42mph...I'm dead serious. Then of course, he hit the gas.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yeah Veyrons (quad turbo) are fast, im pretty sure the Mustang can take it though once he puts his foot on the gas pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I was commuting to work the other day in my 4-cylinder Ford Ranger, just minding my own business. Imagine my surprise when a shiny, new Bugatti Veyron pulls up alongside, and starts revving on me! I went for it. I pulled hard on him from 40 to 42mph...I'm dead serious. Then of course, he hit the gas.

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah Veyrons (quad turbo) are fast, im pretty sure the Mustang can take it though once he puts his foot on the gas pedal.
    There are Mustangs out there that can.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

What Roush, Saleen or Cobra? Supercharged V8 4.6L to 5.0L pushing 510bhp Roush, 620bhp Saleen Dark Horse, 400bhp Cobra Jet vs W16 8.0L quad turbo pushing 987bhp

Yeah I can see that happening.

I beat Boeing 767's all day on the runway

This one looked promising....

What Roush, Saleen or Cobra? Supercharged V8 4.6L to 5.0L pushing 510bhp Roush, 620bhp Saleen Dark Horse, 400bhp Cobra Jet vs W16 8.0L quad turbo pushing 987bhp

oh wow ....lol.....im done with this thread

I Support ClubWRX

I beat Boeing 767's all day on the runway
    Did I misread the part where he said a stock mustang could beat the car.

I sense someone has much fanboi in them.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

He said Mustangs never mentioned stock or not, and if he thinks stock Mustangs will beat W16 turbo'd Veyrons then I don't believe he knows his cars the way I think he does.

And yes I sense someone has MUCH fanboi in them, would be him with the Mustang on a WRX forum

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Did I misread the part where he said a stock mustang could beat the car.

I sense someone has much fanboi in them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast