stage 2 wrx vs mustang gt - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by vinniepearl Well, my buddy just got a wrx tonight. I have a 94 mustang with swapped heads, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniepearl View Post
    Well, my buddy just got a wrx tonight. I have a 94 mustang with swapped heads, cam, intake, throttle body. I don't have a tune on it yet, it will prolly run around 13.3 with a tune. I raced him tonight and he did rather well. I wasn't shifting hard and I messed up my shift from 2nd to 3rd so he got ahead a bit but at the top of 3rd I pulled. His wrx is stock.
    Please tell me it's not a new '08 or '09 WRX that he just drove off the dealer's lot.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Please tell me it's not a new '08 or '09 WRX that he just drove off the dealer's lot.
    It's a 2002

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniepearl View Post
    It's a 2002
    Whew...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I gotta say though I really like his wrx, it makes me want one. I don't think I could sell my mustang for what I would like to get for it. I'm thinking about trading in, I would prolly lose money on it but I really want awd.

Not sure what stage my car is considered, but here it is against an 08 GT.
    YouTube - 07 WRX wagon vs 08 Mustang gt @PIR
    07 WRX Wagon 12.78 @ 107 mph
    05 Harley Sportster Custom
    03 Explorer V8
    99 SuperDuty F350
    69 Mustang GT CP

i have raced both a early 2000 and late 2000 mustang from a light and neither were really any contest.
    Blobeye Syndicate number #31
    stage 2

i raced a cobra on saturday night, my car is all stock except a catback. Ya i held to the top of second and then i got eaten alive
    But it was way fun

Question is so open-ended you could be right no matter how you answered...

From my experience:
    stock WRX v stock 05+ GT... the GT is "faster" than 02 WRX
    stage 2 WRX v stock 05+ GT... the WRX takes it
    stage 2 WRX v 05+ GT w/CAI and tune... real tight I think, driver's race

So much depends on other things besides power, such as tires and suspension mods... not to mention the all-important driver.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

99 Rs with 04 wrx drivetrain cobb intake, 3" downpipe, temporary stock sti midpipe, Blitz nur spec axleback, cobb ap v2 stage 2. 08' Gt had at least some sort of exhaust. From a 60-90 roll walked him by about 3 cars before I shut down. Anything past that I'd keep pulling. And obviously any lower roll I'd spank him even worse.

My friend has a stage 2 bugeye wrx w/ an intake, turbo back exhaust, act stage 2 clutch, hks bov and an sti top mount with a protune and he has beaten my friends 99 mustang gt.

I Support ClubWRX
    <-- Protuned VF39

I've whomped a few camaros and GTs since being Protuned, but when I was stage 2, I had some pretty good races.. The guys that know how to launch a lightly modded mustang/camaro without losing tons of traction.... they'll give you a run for your money!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I raced my buddy's 01 mustang GT in my 05 WRX. I guess he won because my fuel pump died in the middle of the race.

When my brothers 07 wrx was just stage 2, TBE , Cobb v2 etc. We raced a 97 mustang cobra, 25 roll, we pulled about a car and a half to two cars off the jump, "Brake boost" until about 120 and he pulled up to our door. Top end would go to the stangs, "stg2 wrx's vs mostly stock N/A gt stangs." Now thats its 20g'd we'l have to see how she does against the actaully S/C Cobra's in town...

it all depends on whos driving the car lets face it a good driver in a ****ty car will beat a bad driver in a fast car....ive recently run an 07 stock gt automatic from a stop i was all over him and had to let off several times so as to not rearend him and the i came up on him at 40 or so and passed him pulled about 1-2 cars and by the time we hit around 110 he had got back to my rear bumper so as stated b4 on the top end a newer gt should win but out of the hole no chance is what hes got.....same goes for my friends hemi charger i had the same results with him

stg2 wrx vs. stock newer gt with the 4.6L=win for the wrx
    stg2 wrx vs. slightly modded 4.6=drivers race

the extra displacement just makes every mod gain that much bigger. A cammed gt would probably take a stage 2, but i do agree with everyone at some point it just gets to be a drivers race.
    05 STI....someday
    04 WRX cobb stage 2-sold
    00 Civic Si-sold
    95 240SX-sold
    02 F-350 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast