Back in the saddle again - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Back in the saddle again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You'd murder one from a dig and creep from one frum roll...

You'd murder one from a dig and creep from one frum roll
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    huh...thats kinda upsetting! Nothing against the car...just all the work I put into my car and it would hardly pull from a stock cobalt ss!

Oh well! I still love my WRX and I would never trade it for anything!! Haha!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Wrinklechops
    What about a "Stage II" or whatever you want to call it on the Cobalt? Then would it take the VF43'd WRX with 261whp?

im not a math major, but its all traction dependant. the wrx has a HUGE traction advantage.

If the race begins after 1st gear, a tuned TC is pretty beastly. Full boltons, a couple have seen 116 mph trap speed, most tune only cars are good for 110-111mph.

So its gonna look like this

YouTube - cobalt ss/tc vs evo x
    YouTube - Mach1 vs Cobalt SS
    2000 WS6 vs 2009 Cobalt SS/TC - Car Videos on StreetFire
    Revhigh18 hits 12's at KCIR - Car Videos on StreetFire
    Last edited by Anzioblack44; 12-04-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Wrinklechops
    Hot dang!

I'm kicking myself for not getting a Cobalt SS turbo when I had the chance. Maybe someday.

You just cannot beat the bang-for-your-buck factor... I was going to get mine for $19,000 plus tax and stuff obviously... but show me another brand new car for $20k that gives you 18in wheels, Brembo brakes, launch control and flat foot shifting STOCK, 260hp and 260tq at what, 2500rpm? That's insanely low for a 2.0 engine.... add all that up with a 100,000 mile warranty... man, all that just about negates my despise of FWD.

And doesn't it have some kind of performance suspension on it? I know it has like 24mm sway bars STOCK or something too. Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    man, all that just about negates my despise of FWD.
    "just about"

It's almost right there, but then I realize it is FWD...
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

yep its fwd, and your reminded of it when you line up with an awd car for a dig run. But thats about it On a track? even stock its the quite possibly the best handling car under 40 grand. Think E46 M3 good.

I definetly miss the AWD holeshots, and wet/snow performance, but the top end, and excellent fuel economy are a nice consolation prize.

my friend ran him in his full bolt on v6 accord, which dynoed 265. Do you know bart?

Wrinklechops
    yep its fwd, and your reminded of it when you line up with an awd car for a dig run. But thats about it On a track? even stock its the quite possibly the best handling car under 40 grand. Think E46 M3 good.

I definetly miss the AWD holeshots, and wet/snow performance, but the top end, and excellent fuel economy are a nice consolation prize.
    I would have argued with you on the E46 M3 good part... then I remembered the Cobalt SS's Nurburgring lap time... I think it was like .5 seconds faster than the E46 M3 and 2 seconds faster than the 2004 STi.

How's that for FWD? Pretty amazing.

it is a great car. damn shame it's a chevy.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    lol
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Man I hate cobalt ss forum. stickies are useless crap. if you got some time please post some links that you think will help me understand some of the basic mods and bolt ons you can do to a SS.

BTW, I checked autotrader for a ss and there are a ton of ss/sc ones for under 15g but not one ss/tc.
    Last edited by RexEnvy; 12-05-2009 at 12:12 PM.

funny cause the reason i didnt get a neon was because of how bad chrysler is

funny cause the reason i didnt get a neon was because of how bad chrysler is
    If I see a Fiat 500 Abarth in a Chrysler dealership next year, I'm buying it! I'd take that over a Mini any day.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Wrinklechops
    Yea, Chevy sucks.

I'm a Mopar guy too, but I recognize performance when I see it. At least Chevy isn't a traitor lol Chrysler + Mitsubishi + Hyundai = "World Engine"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.