Back in the saddle again - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Back in the saddle again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stock car traps 104 mph. Most dyno 240-260...

Stock car traps 104 mph. Most dyno 240-260
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    Most dyno 240-260
    At the wheels?

Lol... yes. And your test drive seemed slow because the ecu limits boost until 800 miles. The gearing is also pretty tall. Test drive one that's broken in

Wrinklechops
    Lol... yes. And your test drive seemed slow because the ecu limits boost until 800 miles. The gearing is also pretty tall. Test drive one that's broken in
    How in the world can a 260-265 factory horsepower rating achieve 240-260 at the wheels when it's STOCK?

And the two cars I drove had over 800 miles. One had over 1000, the other over 3000.

Conservative ratings by GM. Not unlike the lsj or ls1

I Support ClubWRX
    Conservative ratings by GM. Not unlike the lsj or ls1
    This has been done for years.... and GM isn't the only party that does it
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    This has been done for years.... and GM isn't the only party that does it
    Oh I know that still doesn't explain why an alleged 240-260whp car didn't feel any faster than my 223whp car. And yes, boost was high 17psi+ if I recall, and the cars I drove both had over 1000 miles on them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Oh I know that still doesn't explain why an alleged 240-260whp car didn't feel any faster than my 223whp car. And yes, boost was high 17psi+ if I recall, and the cars I drove both had over 1000 miles on them.
    That I can't answer too. I was just commenting on the factory hp rating.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

1.Gearing 2.peak torque arrives at 2000rpm 3. Torque management allows 50% in first. 66% in 2nd and 100% in 3-5

Wrinklechops
    1.Gearing 2.peak torque arrives at 2000rpm 3. Torque management allows 50% in first. 66% in 2nd and 100% in 3-5
    Yes, well I definitely had it up into the 3-5 gear range as I took it on the highway a few times. Still didn't feel as fast as my WRX. Granted, stock for stock the Cobalt SS would blow my WRX away, and I'm sure with equal/similar mods on my "Stage II" WRX as the Cobalt SS it might again blow it away. But "Stage II" WRX for stock Cobalt SS, I wasn't impressed.

i wasnt impressed until I slapped around a few srt4s, which have 10-15 more whp than your Rex. coming from a Cobb stage 2 Rex myself, its a different Ball game past 60mph

Wrinklechops
    i wasnt impressed until I slapped around a few srt4s, which have 10-15 more whp than your Rex. coming from a Cobb stage 2 Rex myself, its a different Ball game past 60mph
    Well yea, I will admit that it definitely pulled much harder on the highway. I just couldn't stand the torque steer around town. How did you cope with it, coming from a WRX?

I vowed to myself I would never own a FWD car again in my life, but the Cobalt SS is making me want to change my mind.

I too test drove the cobalt TC and it didn't feel like anything special. I was expecting to be losing some traction, but it barly lost any in first gear, in fact im pretty sure my stock tl 6 speed loses more traction with stickier tires. Also my buddy actually has a SS HHR, he is also in the chicagoland area, Bart is his name. His HHR is pushing over 300 whp, and all in all its still not impressive to me. Feels very sluggish. Granted 4th gear is an animal but still not impressed for over 300 whp

Remove torque management, then the fun starts. Did you run Bart? That hhr is MEAN! An ej20 isn't gonna hang Vs him with a stock snail

Huh...so my WRX with vf43 with only 261whp probably isn't any faster than a Stock 09 Cobalt SS.....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.