Need ideas to help with my situation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need ideas to help with my situation within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm getting a new car in a bit because mine is just falling apart i am looking at a Dodge ...

Need ideas to help with my situation

I'm getting a new car in a bit because mine is just falling apart i am looking at a Dodge SRT-4 Neon and A WRX not sure what year yet. The Dodge has like stage 1 kit thats 400$ and i was told to throw on an exhaust and it would be real quick so i wanna not spend alot of money when i get it but like bolt ons are what im looking at what should i get if i got the WRX to make it as fast or faster than the neon.
    Thanks,
    Cole

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by coledawg View Post
    I'm getting a new car in a bit because mine is just falling apart i am looking at a Dodge SRT-4 Neon and A WRX not sure what year yet. The Dodge has like stage 1 kit thats 400$ and i was told to throw on an exhaust and it would be real quick so i wanna not spend alot of money when i get it but like bolt ons are what im looking at what should i get if i got the WRX to make it as fast or faster than the neon.
    Thanks,
    Cole

Same "class" of cars but they are truly different. As far as straight line speed you will more then likely need a turbo swap to a vf-39/16g to run with the SRT4 on a regular continual bases. That means you'll need a full turboback exhaust, turbo, fuel pump, injectors (depening) and a tune at the very least.

If you live in a area where it snows...the WRX should win hands down just for that. The neon in the snow is going to stink.

Test drive both and buy which everyone you like more. There is plenty of aftermarket in either one to make it as fast as you want over time.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Same "class" of cars but they are truly different. As far as straight line speed you will more then likely need a turbo swap to a vf-39/16g to run with the SRT4 on a regular continual bases. That means you'll need a full turboback exhaust, turbo, fuel pump, injectors (depening) and a tune at the very least.

If you live in a area where it snows...the WRX should win hands down just for that. The neon in the snow is going to stink.

Test drive both and buy which everyone you like more. There is plenty of aftermarket in either one to make it as fast as you want over time.
    A truly un-biased statement
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

I live in Georgia so no snow haha anyway i think the neon will deff. be better for me because they are a little cheaper and i dont have much money to throw at my car.
    But i have heard that the Neons have horrible engine problems and the WRX is much better.
    I dont plan on ragging on the car so is the NEON still gong to have problems

I live in Georgia so no snow haha anyway i think the neon will deff. be better for me because they are a little cheaper and i dont have much money to throw at my car.
    But i have heard that the Neons have horrible engine problems and the WRX is much better.
    Hmm I've never heard of this as I used to own a 50 trim 365WHP SRT-4. The motors are pretty stout and should handle 450WHP pretty safely on stock internals. Matter a fact, the first SRT-4 to hit 500WHP was on stock internals...but it did eventually go-kaboom.

If you haven't already, take a look at srtforums.com for more information. See what they have to say. Where in Georgia are you? I live in hinesville close to savannah. Well not now but in like a month and some change.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

I live in Macon its hour south of Atlanta

Am i missing something here? is the WRX not an Impreza? Neons use to have engine problems, the 1st gen did anyway. as for the NSRT-4, I have owned mine for 4 years in Dec and got it with 8 miles. Have not had to take it for warranty work ever. The only thing i can think of that went out was my multi function switch, and it took 10 min to replace with a screwdriver.

I use to have an 06 WRX TR and it was nice. had some balls, but not nearly as much as the srt-4. It was a nice car, but i would rather have the SRT-4 over a WRX anyday even in the snow and i live in Reno.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

another of many rumors about the srt4 neon. the neon is easily in the top 3 of the strongest production 4cy ever built. in fare weather climate the neon will be faster for less in the every aspect. the wrx is more fun to drive though. go drive both and buy what fits you best.

oh if you do buy a srt4 buy an 04. 03s had an open diff, no sunroof or side airbag seats as options. and the 05s have a several transmission problems with 3rd gear synchros nothing dodge wont take care of for you just better to avoid them if you can. unless you want orange or white as a color than you have to get a 05.

if you you looking for a wrx i would get a 06+ if you can afford it for the 2.5 motor and the stronger transmission.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    another of many rumors about the srt4 neon. the neon is easily in the top 3 of the strongest production 4cy ever built. in fare weather climate the neon will be faster for less in the every aspect. the wrx is more fun to drive though. go drive both and buy what fits you best.

oh if you do buy a srt4 buy an 04. 03s had an open diff, no sunroof or side airbag seats as options. and the 05s have a several transmission problems with 3rd gear synchros nothing dodge wont take care of for you just better to avoid them if you can. unless you want orange or white as a color than you have to get a 05.

if you you looking for a wrx i would get a 06+ if you can afford it for the 2.5 motor and the stronger transmission.
    Yea the main thing ive heard is that the WRX is more fun to drive, but i dont know why maybe because of the AWD i guess

Yea the main thing ive heard is that the WRX is more fun to drive, but i dont know why maybe because of the AWD i guess
    correct. go drive them both and you will see. my 600hp neon still isn't as fun and some "aggressive" mountain twistie driving in a stock 02 wrx. many years ago
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Both are really fun cars, just depends on if you're into straights or twisties. Not saying that WRX's can't go fast in a straight line or SRT-4's can't handle the twisries, but one is easier and cheaper to do.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks,
    Cole
    Punctuation is your friend.

If you want a reliable car then get the Subaru. It is a much more reliable car than the Dodge. You need to drive them before you do anything else though. If you haven't driven them, then you're getting waaaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. How do you know you won't hate both cars?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Wait till it rains. You'll be hating power + FWD, I promise. There's nothing you can do about it either - not a LSD, not tires, etc.

I agree about the 2.5 liter WRX - that engine really brings it up a notch over the 2.0's. It's the single reason I bought my Subaru.

Sure, the "frumaroll" power of a FWD is a blast. Barely any mods will put you with cars costing double or triple its price. I just like having all my power available all the time, even if it's ~ 200whp or so less than 2004NeonSRT4's car
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Wait till it rains. You'll be hating power + FWD, I promise. There's nothing you can do about it either - not a LSD, not tires, etc.

I agree about the 2.5 liter WRX - that engine really brings it up a notch over the 2.0's. It's the single reason I bought my Subaru.

Sure, the "frumaroll" power of a FWD is a blast. Barely any mods will put you with cars costing double or triple its price. I just like having all my power available all the time, even if it's ~ 200whp or so less than 2004NeonSRT4's car

your right about rain+fwd+power. but what sain person is out there trying to carve corners or break the sound barrier in the rain? the car is very reliable and its just like any other fwd in off beat weather conditions. but again the awd is way more forgiving in every way. so if you fck up driving the car normally there is very good chance the awd will take care of it for you and the fwd will have you chasing it into the other the lane.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i drove both before i made my purchase back in 03 the neon was fun..i just was a little worried about longevity..but then again you cant say the neon will take a crap on you faster than anyother car with hard driving...what sold me on the subaru was the awd and all the safety features,tourque and the fact that back then not too many people had them yet..and also i was pretty geared on buying the subaru anyway..dont get me wrong if i could have afforded them both i would have bought them both..but then again who can turn down that boxer rumble..
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

starbucks owns me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast