06-07 stage 2 vs 09 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06-07 stage 2 vs 09 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; would any one know how the stage 2 would fair against the new rex?...

06-07 stage 2 vs 09 wrx

would any one know how the stage 2 would fair against the new rex?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    as far as what?

horsepower?
    handling?
    suspension?
    torque?
    rallying?
    autorcrossing?
    drag racing?
    0-60 time?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    as far as what?

horsepower?
    handling?
    suspension?
    torque?
    rallying?
    autorcrossing?
    drag racing?
    0-60 time?

LOL
    horsepower.. and torque?
    dragracing... since compare to a base rex the new one has better handling

Stage 2 should be faster.

Not to mention it just flat looks better...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRed06 View Post
    Stage 2 should be faster.

Not to mention it just flat looks better...
    what would you base your answer on? i mean on average a stage 2 on a 2.5l would get you around 210 to 230whp right? so let say with 50hp power lose on the 09 it would get you around 210 whp wouldnt it be pretty close to a stage 2?

on the look side i tend to agree but i guess its all a personal preference, since i own a 07 i think its the best looking rex so far and some people find the 05 better, but the new ones damn, it looks like every other car out there and its not that original ,IMO

i cant wait to see what they put out on a stage 2, must be something like a stage 2 sti, and you can get there much cheaper than you and i could

A Stage 2 should put down ~230whp, more like ~240whp if it's protuned. The '09s should put down ~210-215whp stock. So by numbers alone the Stage 2 should be quicker. Although, if you've got the '07 and you know someone with an '09 who wants to go at it, you should do it and get back to us with the results.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by alphaomega0 View Post
    what would you base your answer on? i mean on average a stage 2 on a 2.5l would get you around 210 to 230whp right?
    When my car was stage 2 it made 249WHP//310WTQ....which is far from the two numbers mentioned above.

Think of it this way. A stage 2 is just as fast as a stock STi. So if this is a fact we can all agree on, which we can, then a Stage 2 rex should blow the doors off an 09. Unless, of course, you're saying that an 09 wrx can beat a stock STi...
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    When my car was stage 2 it made 249WHP//310WTQ....which is far from the two numbers mentioned above.

Think of it this way. A stage 2 is just as fast as a stock STi. So if this is a fact we can all agree on, which we can, then a Stage 2 rex should blow the doors off an 09. Unless, of course, you're saying that an 09 wrx can beat a stock STi...
    did you protone your stage 2 ? what were your mods? i was under the impression that on the cobb maps the most you'll get would be around 220ish maybe abit more or less depending on the car since they are ots, is that wrong?
    right now i am runing xpt stage 2 since i don't have access to protune so i figured since the tunner gets my logs and retune the map for me i might be hitting 230ish max..

btw nice numbers are you still runing the stock tranny? and where do you start boodting with that big turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post

didn't some magazine did a test drive and got the 09 to a .1 sec of the sti? i dont remember where i read this

Quote Originally Posted by alphaomega0 View Post
    did you protone your stage 2 ? what were your mods? i was under the impression that on the cobb maps the most you'll get would be around 220ish maybe abit more or less depending on the car since they are ots, is that wrong?
    right now i am runing xpt stage 2 since i don't have access to protune so i figured since the tunner gets my logs and retune the map for me i might be hitting 230ish max..

btw nice numbers are you still runing the stock tranny? and where do you start boodting with that big turbo?
    Yeah, I don't use COBB. I was tuned on ECUTEK and I still am as a matter of fact.

No, I no longer have the stock tranny. Full boost is around 3800rpm.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Dont forget... the 08 wrx actually puts down something like 215-225 WHP...even though it was flywheel rated at 225!

If the 09 behaves anything like the 08 on the dyno, it should put down close to 240whp. Even if it dosnt (-20% for parasitic loss on AWD...it would be 212whp) Seeing as how the 08 put that down stock, and the 09 is rated @ 41hp more, it SHOULD put down better numbers.

And yes the 09 wrx was tested 0-60@ 5.1 seconds, where as the 08 STI was tested to 4.9!

Needless to say...im excited to see a dyno on the 09. I think a tuned 09 will run like raped ape! Should be good for sub 5 second 0-60's (raping your half-shafts of course).

I take back what i said...

Read up on some of this...

stage II 04? Hmmm how about Stage II STI? (ok not quite.. but close..lol)

2009 STOCK 0-60 in 4.8 seconds!?!? WTF thats faster than the tested sti times for 2008 (4.9 seconds!)

This is a must read for anyone considering an 09

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX - Testing the 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-door - Motor Trend

Quote Originally Posted by r00st View Post
    I take back what i said...

Read up on some of this...

stage II 04? Hmmm how about Stage II STI? (ok not quite.. but close..lol)

2009 STOCK 0-60 in 4.8 seconds!?!? WTF thats faster than the tested sti times for 2008 (4.9 seconds!)

This is a must read for anyone considering an 09

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX - Testing the 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-door - Motor Trend
    there is no way soa is going to leave the sti as is

Personally, i think the 09 will have much better mod potential because of the bigger turbo that will come stock with it. Im not sure what the stock turbo is for the 09 but we all know that after exhaust upgrades for power the next thing that needs to upgrade is the turbo.

A bigger turbo will give bigger returns for the same mods. Then again, for all the people that have issues with a bigger better WRX(number wise, not looks) coming up, its about time. A 225 hp WRX has been on the market for 6 years and when FWD vehicles with 260+ hp are the common street racer, we need a leg up. I cant even began to feel what the '02 Cobra owners must have felt when the '03 was announced with a S/C stock.

As alphaomega0 said, "there is no way soa is going to leave the sti as is".

Thats great news because in two years im going to buy it when i come back from my little vacation to Iraq
    Essayons!
    21B

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

When I was stg 2, I dyno'd at 224whp, but also 285wtq (on the base cobb map). That's a big factor in acceleration.

The 09 will be cool to play with though.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.