stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how would a stage 2 wrx with a tune (using either, xpt maps, cobb maps, or a protune) do against ...

Banned

stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber

how would a stage 2 wrx with a tune (using either, xpt maps, cobb maps, or a protune) do against a stock srt4 caliber

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kstr0h View Post
    how would a stage 2 wrx with a tune (using either, xpt maps, cobb maps, or a protune) do against a stock srt4 caliber
    prolly pull it pretty well. the times i saw were all 14.0-14.3@ around 98-100mph. i didnt do deep research but these are what i mainly saw. didnt see any 13's but it seemed to have the mph potential.
    2000 4.2L built v6 mustang

436rwhp/378rwtq @15psi p1-sc 19*

www.stangcharger.com www.hppmotorsports.com

want WRX for DD......

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    How much weight are those new SRT-4s lugging around now-a-days? Cause so far I prefer the one built on the neon platform (especially in the looks dept)
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    How much weight are those new SRT-4s lugging around now-a-days? Cause so far I prefer the one built on the neon platform (especially in the looks dept)
    i saw one that claimed 3050lbs and one that said 3200lbs and edmunds claims 3248lbs. Don't know about either of them really.

says 0-60mph in 6 flat is the average or what i see the most.

edmunds also did 0-60 6.2secs and 1/4 in 14.6@100mph.

Full Test: 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    Last edited by stangcharger; 10-08-2008 at 06:17 AM.

want WRX for DD......

A real Stage 2 WRX with a proper tune (not canned or done by an idiot) will utterly and completely demolish an SRT-4. Not even a contest. Hell, even a stock '08 or '09 WRX will trash an SRT-4.

I'm running about 4.6s 0-60 with a Stage 2 '08 WRX. Stock '08 is 5.5. Stock '09 is 5.1. That's not even in the same universe as the SRT-4 which is hitting 6 flat or high 5.

Banned
    does anyone know how a stage 2 xpt map would do?
    im either getting a protune or that or both..

whoa! look a a whole camp of newbies! don't tap the glass they get scared easily...

-stock csrt4 dynoes 260whp/275wtq. more than a stock sti.
    -stock quarter mile 13.9-14.2 average joe drivers at 100-102mph.
    -stock turbo record no n20 11.8@125
    -stock weight pending on options right around 3200lbs

to answer the OP question pending on the year of the stage 2 WRX. it will be a drivers race in any form. 06+ edge to the to wrx. 05- i would watch out for the big square cow to come around after 80mph.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 10-08-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    whoa! look a a whole camp of newbies! don't tap the glass they get scared easily...
    Being new to a particular internet forum means just that; you've been posting on a particular forum for a short period of time. It has nothing to do with a poster's credibility or knowledge of the subject at hand.

The best numbers you can quote for the Caliber SRT-4 put it close to a stock WRX. Let's assume they're equivalent, for the sake of argument, at least enough that it's a driver's race.

Now read the OP's question again. It's not stock v. stock. The question is Stage 2 WRX, tuned, v. Stock Caliber SRT-4.

Are you really suggesting that cars that are functionally equivalent stock, are still going to be functionally equivalent when one of those is at Stage 2, and tuned, and the other is still stock?

That seems a bit silly, don't you think?

-stock csrt4 dynoes 260whp/275wtq. more than a stock sti.
    -stock quarter mile 13.9-14.2 average joe drivers at 100-102mph.
    -stock turbo record no n20 11.8@125
    -stock weight pending on options right around 3200lbs

to answer the OP question pending on the year of the WRX. it will be a drivers race in any form. 06+ edge to the to wrx. 05- i would watch out for the big square cow to come around after 80mph.
    they gain 10rwtq from crank to wheel torque? that would mean a real under rating on power especially only losing 20rwhp from crank to dyno.

but it definitly has it in it for high 13's.

want WRX for DD......

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    Being new to a particular internet forum means just that; you've been posting on a particular forum for a short period of time. It has nothing to do with a poster's credibility or knowledge of the subject at hand.

The best numbers you can quote for the Caliber SRT-4 put it close to a stock WRX. Let's assume they're equivalent, for the sake of argument, at least enough that it's a driver's race.

Now read the OP's question again. It's not stock v. stock. The question is Stage 2 WRX, tuned, v. Stock Caliber SRT-4.

Are you really suggesting that cars that are functionally equivalent stock, are still going to be functionally equivalent when one of those is at Stage 2, and tuned, and the other is still stock?

That seems a bit silly, don't you think?
    sorry i didnt add in a stage 2 wrx in to my sentance. again a stage 2 wrx 02-05 would be a drivers race with a stock csrt4. given equal drivers. and 07+ wrx in stage 2 form i give the edge to in every race you can come up with. this also depends on the type of race setup to. frumarol i would see the srt4 ahead of a 06- wrx. from a stop i would see the srt4 behinds the wrx. so call it a drivers race in all cases as there is no clear cut winner in any race when cars are .5seconds apart. or just go race one and post the results.

yes the csrt4 is under rated just as the nsrt4 was. rated stock nsrt4 230/250. mine made 232/261.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 10-08-2008 at 01:42 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

or just go race one and post the results.
    I'll have to do that. I'll at least go run a full 1/4 and post results shortly.

I tend to concur on from a roll. As I understand it the truly limiting factor for the CSRT-4, in particular, is the launch.

caliber srt-4s around my area are as rare ferrari enzos and I live in a metropolitan area lol

hell I've seen more Tesla cars than I have a caliber srt-4 (2 Teslas vs 0 srt-4s)

Quote Originally Posted by kstr0h View Post
    does anyone know how a stage 2 xpt map would do?
    im either getting a protune or that or both..
    XPT maps are generally conservative, meant to fit most wrx's. Dont get me wrong the XPT stage 2 map is good for 210-220 at most with out another tune.
    If you do decide to get another 20-25. You can get a good tune on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Josias View Post
    XPT maps are generally conservative, meant to fit most wrx's. Dont get me wrong the XPT stage 2 map is good for 210-220 at most with out another tune.
    If you do decide to get another 20-25. You can get a good tune on top of that.
    hmmm i have an 07 rex with stage 2 and making 235whp.. if you data log it braden will retune the map for you until its perfect or close 2. i don't have access to protune so this is my best option. and with his maps and retunes this is the next best thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    A real Stage 2 WRX with a proper tune (not canned or done by an idiot) will utterly and completely demolish an SRT-4. Not even a contest. Hell, even a stock '08 or '09 WRX will trash an SRT-4.

I'm running about 4.6s 0-60 with a Stage 2 '08 WRX. Stock '08 is 5.5. Stock '09 is 5.1. That's not even in the same universe as the SRT-4 which is hitting 6 flat or high 5.
    of couse it will win 0-60. AWD>FWD launch, duh. Now how about a 1/4 mile run or longer? roll?
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast