stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I think sometimes I'm a little too subtle for this place. I caught your drift - ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I think sometimes I'm a little too subtle for this place.
    I caught your drift - I just hadn't posted in this thread and wanted to post***** a bit lol

With Kevin/Dez both over the 5K mark, I have some catching up to do
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I caught your drift - I just hadn't posted in this thread and wanted to post***** a bit lol

Im right behind you guys
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

the 09 wrx is a great car for the price hands down. i'd take it over my srt and a sti in stock form any day. the reason for posting that was to prove a point to lundholm (who drives a 05). that the car while its not the best ever it can certainly hold its own in handling and braking. and sense the car hasn't bin made since 05 i couldn't give any more recent info than that. i would of hope that 4 years of advances in car technology that todays cars not just subbies should be better.

the acr as listed is no where near as seperate as the sti and wrx models are. the car listed for less than 23k. 12k less than a sti. and 3k less than a wrx. lol. anyway. the acr got wider tires. adjustable shocks and stiffer sway bars. that was it.

we all know magazine racing is bogus but its better than just spouting off at the mouth at least. we all know for a fact that if you take the ****ty re92s of even the 05 wrx. its handling and breaking potential will really shine.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    we all know magazine racing is bogus but its better than just spouting off at the mouth at least. we all know for a fact that if you take the ****ty re92s of even the 05 wrx. its handling and breaking potential will really shine.
    Funny you should mention it. I used to have a '98 BMW 328i before coming over to the WRX. Of course, I wish I would have waited and just spent the extra cash on at least an 06 WRX if not an 05 STi, but I digress. I used to think the WRX was quicker than my old DINAN tuned 328i, naturally, but felt a lot more squishy in the twisties, despite AWD and being 7 years newer. I actually got into an accident only one month after owning it by taking an on-ramp much too fast, thinking the AWD would pull me through. I knew so much more then than I do now
    Alas, I have since ditched the RE92s in favor of some 225s Yokohama S.Drives. Also threw on one or two minor suspension mods, and it handles 10x better. Now, if I could only squeeze more power out of it

is it me or does it feel like all those 1/4 times and 0-60 times and a lot higher than they should be?(not just talking about the rex)

Since theres only one actual race story in this thread I'll add the race I had today:
    my car: 09 WRX, Cobb TBE, Perrin TMIC, CAI, BPV, TGV delete/ported, Pro Tuned Open source

Neon: cams, exhaust, big FMIC, ported turbo, a few other things and burbly as hell sounding but sounded like a V8 Nascar to me (mean in a severly whiskey tango sort of way). Owner claims 330 at the wheels.

He wouldnt race from a dig so we did it from a roll middle of 2nd gear. Dead even to the middle of 4th gear then I started to inch past until we let off. I think I would have eventually inched by but it was very close. From a dig or 1/4 mile race I would have pwned him. He was surprised to say the least. The neon is just so incrediby gross looking inside and out, worse than a rental car and 0 class. Many SRT neon guys up the boost without a tune, done right these cars are pretty fast and cheap to own for the youngsters.

The 09 Rex with this mild state of mod is pretty stout, even when compared to how it was at just the "Cobb" stage 2 (TBE and AP). Starting to notice things like brakes now.

his car was not 330whp or he can't drive or both. a 330whp srt neon will trap 115+ easy. not happening in a bolt on tuned wrx. especially going from a roll.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

his car was not 330whp or he can't drive or both. a 330whp srt neon will trap 115+ easy. not happening in a bolt on tuned wrx. especially going from a roll.
    Not much skill required to race from a 2nd gr roll but yeah, hes a lil shy of 33o but not too shy since I dynoed at 302 awhp. FWD hp equivalent???, We were dead even.

Whatever, I got pwoned by a vette tonight, I need another 100...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark3rd View Post
    Not much skill required to race from a 2nd gr roll but yeah, hes a lil shy of 33o but not too shy since I dynoed at 302 awhp. FWD hp equivalent???, We were dead even.

Whatever, I got pwoned by a vette tonight, I need another 100...
    I'm sure there is a considerable amount of skill required to drive 2004NeonSRT4's car from a 2nd gear roll.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I'm sure there is a considerable amount of skill required to drive 2004NeonSRT4's car from a 2nd gear roll.
    LOLOLOL

Hey man have you gotten around to making any videos of your SRT4?
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

just some test and tune at the local strip. nothing big.

just getting some seat time. car hasn't seen the strip in 4yrs. pump gas. leaving the line like i was at a stop light in the rain. 0 track prep. over inflated slicks on purpose. didn't wanna break anything yet.

Untitled.flv video by 2004neonsrt4 - Photobucket

listen to the wheel spin! 12.22@127
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 07-09-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

just some test and tune at the local strip. nothing big.

just getting some seat time. car hasn't seen the strip in 4yrs. pump gas. leaving the line like i was at a stop light in the rain. 0 track prep. over inflated slicks on purpose. didn't wanna break anything yet.

listen to the wheel spin! 12.22@127
    Damn, just putt putt'n down the track and it still runs 12's.
    I hear the wheel spin, can only imagine how hard it hits when it don't break traction.
    Very nice and it's almost sleeperish especially with the numbers you're pulling.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Try over the 6k mark broski!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    Try over the 6k mark broski!
    Check the post date n00b - about a month and a half ago
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast