stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by slowgrey08 im not stage 2, why would i run that map w/o a dp+exhaust? Without knowing your ...

Quote Originally Posted by slowgrey08 View Post
    im not stage 2, why would i run that map w/o a dp+exhaust?
    Without knowing your mods, he was saying that a Stage 1 map isn't going to cut it, so to hang...you need to be Stage 2. Not that you should put the map on there if you aren't modded for it
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    from a roll the srt will win. it would take stage 2 wrx to keep up with a stock srt4. with your mods you'll be lucky to trap 100-102. a lightly modded srt will trap 105+ very easily. full bolt on stock turbo srt will trap 110+ mine trapped 113 on the stock turbo.
    Wow, so I guess WRXs just are no match for the SRT4s, eh? Lol... oh well I suppose they do have a 2.4 liter engine vs my 2.0... shucks, I should have got the STi! hahaha

I trapped 94mph I think...I need to check my time slip...but that was my first time at the track ever...no launch control or flat foot shifting or anything.

Guess the only place I have an advantage is if it's a race in anything other than a straight line, yea? I mean, no way an SRT4 will handle in an auto-X event with a WRX, STi, or Evo...I don't think anyways.... I'll go check some numbers.... but then again I guess I should know better... they are different class vehicles and they wouldn't pit a FWD vs AWD in Auto-X I don't think...

im not stage 2, why would i run that map w/o a dp+exhaust?

See Scooby-Doo's response - I'm sorry I didn't make it more clear. I was just saying Stage 2 is where you start to really open the door into what your car can do supposedly. It's always faster in the passenger seat though

Quote Originally Posted by Sooby-Doo View Post
    How you can have such a small drivetrain loss is quite simple. The engine sits directly over the drive wheels and doesn't travel through a huge driveshaft, LSD or anything else to get to the power wheels. It's the VW Bus factor. They lose less than 15 hp from crank to wheel.

A stock WRX "only" loses about 55 hp from 225 crank to 170 wheel. That's through a heavy ass AWD system, center shaft, rear diff, etc... Losing only 25 hp in a FWD car isn't that absurd. Mitubishi Mirage's are rated 96 hp crank and dyno at 78 (rofl) but it's true!

I am not sure if you were responding to me, but yea I know about DT loss and I agree with you. That's why many mega horsepower cars are RWD. I don't want to open this can of worms again ( get a lot of flak around here ya know ) but yea, take any 2 cars, same HP numbers, one is FWD or RWD, the other is AWD, the AWD will be fighting an uphill battle...that is, until the rain starts falling The only thing about FWD that gets me is... well I guess there are ways around this... but I recall a local tuner shop in town here that built a wicked fast 400hp+ Sentra SE-R a few years back, but never could get much use out of it because I guess they kept on breaking some front axle thingy when those 400 ponies were tearing up the front wheels there.... FWD to me is just wayyy too much action goin on up front: steering, braking, acceleration, weight, etc etc.

No doubt though, I guess if I ever line up against an SS or a SRT4 I'm a goner

your talking about a one show pony race. frumarol isnt the end all be all measure of a cars performance. some cars just excell at better things than others thats all.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    FWD to me is just wayyy too much action goin on up front: steering, braking, acceleration, weight, etc etc.
    +1

your talking about a one show pony race. frumarol isnt the end all be all measure of a cars performance. some cars just excell at better things than others thats all.
    Thank you! Straight lines aren't everything. I'll take on a Stage 5 SRT-4 on a dirt road in the rain any day!...haha

We'll see what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight...lol

I know my lesson with front wheel drive cars.

A worthless waste of ****ing money.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by erakem View Post
    I know my lesson with front wheel drive cars.

A worthless waste of ****ing money.
    From a majority of enthusiasts' points-of-view...yes. (1% of the population) For nearly anyone else...no.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

fwd is great if you dont have to accelerate hard

Quote Originally Posted by superduck View Post
    fwd is great if you dont have to accelerate and turn or brake
    fixed

old but still relevant. 05 srt4 acr beats 05 wrx in every timed competition.

RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

old but still relevant. 05 srt4 acr beats 05 wrx in every timed competition.

09's wrx figures also from C&D thats downloadable by pdf from link: http://www.caranddriver.com/content/...Powertrain.pdf

0-60 4.7s vs 5.6s
    0-100 12.9s vs 14.5s
    1/4 13.5@102 vs 14.4@99

along with better braking and handling.

those arent bad times for a 2.0, heres a link to the '09 with 2.5 and new turbo. hands down thrashes the neon in every category, not just straight line acceleration. Not really sure what point your trying to make is, but in any given situation there will always be someone faster(waits for the stage 45 neon link). it doesnt really matter, in a few years after chrysler gets back on its feet it will get back into more srt cars. i personally love racing their v8's .

magazine racing doesnt matter, and its also comparing a car thats several model years old vs a fresh one in both categories. anyways, flame on .

Wrinklechops
    09's wrx figures also from C&D thats downloadable by pdf from link: http://www.caranddriver.com/content/...Powertrain.pdf

0-60 4.7s vs 5.6s
    0-100 12.9s vs 14.5s
    1/4 13.5@102 vs 14.4@99

along with better braking and handling.

those arent bad times for a 2.0, heres a link to the '09 with 2.5 and new turbo. hands down thrashes the neon in every category, not just straight line acceleration. Not really sure what point your trying to make is, but in any given situation there will always be someone faster(waits for the stage 45 neon link). it doesnt really matter, in a few years after chrysler gets back on its feet it will get back into more srt cars. i personally love racing their v8's .

magazine racing doesnt matter, and its also comparing a car thats several model years old vs a fresh one in both categories. anyways, flame on .
    ACR...isn't that the hopped up version? Pit it against the STi, not a regular WRX...sheesh....

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    ACR...isn't that the hopped up version? Pit it against the STi, not a regular WRX...sheesh....
    wanted it to be a fair comparison, they could always do the "but its $12k more" blah blah. also i think the straight line acceleration times quoted in magazines are very similar(flame suit on). the major difference is the handling and braking between the 09 wrx and the sti.
    Last edited by slowgrey08; 05-29-2009 at 05:49 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, this thread just got really interesting!

Oh wait... wrong thread.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Wow, this thread just got really interesting!

Oh wait... wrong thread.
    Have you been drinking again, Ray?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I think sometimes I'm a little too subtle for this place.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.