stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs srt4 caliber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it wont be long before there are CSRT's pushing 400whp on stock snail...

  1. #16
    Registered User Anzioblack44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CHICAGOLAND
    Posts
    437
    it wont be long before there are CSRT's pushing 400whp on stock snail
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    it wont be long before there are CSRT's pushing 400whp on stock snail

    already bin done.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  4. #18
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    whoa! look a a whole camp of newbies! don't tap the glass they get scared easily...

    -stock csrt4 dynoes 260whp/275wtq. more than a stock sti.
    -stock quarter mile 13.9-14.2 average joe drivers at 100-102mph.
    -stock turbo record no n20 11.8@125
    -stock weight pending on options right around 3200lbs

    to answer the OP question pending on the year of the stage 2 WRX. it will be a drivers race in any form. 06+ edge to the to wrx. 05- i would watch out for the big square cow to come around after 80mph.
    Dodge Caliber Compare - Engines and Performance - MSN Autos

    Engines & Power

    Caliber SRT4
    Standard Engine 2.4L 285 hp I4
    Horsepower 285 @ 5700 RPM
    Torque (lb-ft) 265 @ 2000 RPM
    Valves/Valve Configuration 16/DOHC
    Displacement (cc) 2360
    Bore X Stroke (in.) 3.46 X 3.82
    Compression Ratio 8.6:1
    Fuel Type/System Gas/SEFI
    Turbocharger Yes
    Supercharger No


    So you're saying the stock Csrt4 has a 5hp drivetrain loss and a 15tq drivetrain loss, from the engine to the wheels? How go you get 260whp/275wtq when the thing is only coming off the assembly line with 285hp/265tq?

    And I'm thinking my Stage 2 WRX would probably be about even with the Csrt4 maybe. I've got a few other tweaks of mods, and a custom pro-tune coming soon!

  5. #19
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Dodge Caliber Compare - Engines and Performance - MSN Autos

    Engines & Power

    Caliber SRT4
    Standard Engine 2.4L 285 hp I4
    Horsepower 285 @ 5700 RPM
    Torque (lb-ft) 265 @ 2000 RPM
    Valves/Valve Configuration 16/DOHC
    Displacement (cc) 2360
    Bore X Stroke (in.) 3.46 X 3.82
    Compression Ratio 8.6:1
    Fuel Type/System Gas/SEFI
    Turbocharger Yes
    Supercharger No


    So you're saying the stock Csrt4 has a 5hp drivetrain loss and a 15tq drivetrain loss, from the engine to the wheels? How go you get 260whp/275wtq when the thing is only coming off the assembly line with 285hp/265tq?


    And I'm thinking my Stage 2 WRX would probably be about even with the Csrt4 maybe. I've got a few other tweaks of mods, and a custom pro-tune coming soon!

    dodge under rated the power just like they did the neon. dodge claimed 230/260 hp out of the 04s. at the crank. but they actually made that to the wheels. nothing new there. the csrt4 had already made 570whp on the stock bottom end and parts of the stock fuel system. (a quick search couldn't locate the exacts) and over 400 on the stock turbo and fuel system. the motor is stout. just the rest of the car needs help. its heavy, can only fit 18inch wheels with out a brake swap and doesn't have a real lsd.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Dallas
    Posts
    5
    I raced a stg2(intake, exhaust, upped boost, running rich as hell) c-srt4 on a few rolls from 40 and 60. I had a stg1 perrin map on my 08 with 2 passengers and he walked me pretty good. by 85 he had about 1.5 cars on me. I did have about 250lbs of extra weight, but i still think he would have walked away from me.

  7. #21
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by slowgrey08 View Post
    I raced a stg2(intake, exhaust, upped boost, running rich as hell) c-srt4 on a few rolls from 40 and 60. I had a stg1 perrin map on my 08 with 2 passengers and he walked me pretty good. by 85 he had about 1.5 cars on me. I did have about 250lbs of extra weight, but i still think he would have walked away from me.
    Yea, you need the Stage 2 map big guy...

  8. #22
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,244
    I Support ClubWRX
    Don't underestimate the SRT4...regardless of the year. Anything from a roll and they will take a stage 2 WRX, except for this years model WRX with the higher HP....haven't seen comparo's on that.

    A stock SRT4 (pre-08) will hang with a stock STi from a roll. A stage 2 WRX (pre-09) will not hang with a stock STi from a roll.

    Been there and done that in both cases. Your experience may vary. Ojects in the mirror may be closer than they appear.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  9. #23
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Don't underestimate the SRT4...regardless of the year. Anything from a roll and they will take a stage 2 WRX, except for this years model WRX with the higher HP....haven't seen comparo's on that.

    A stock SRT4 (pre-08) will hang with a stock STi from a roll. A stage 2 WRX (pre-09) will not hang with a stock STi from a roll.

    Been there and done that in both cases. Your experience may vary. Ojects in the mirror may be closer than they appear.

    The SRT4 Caliber or the Neon? lol I know they're pretty quick, which less drivetrain loss than a WRX or STi... but maybe we'd own them once the road gets twisty?

  10. #24
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    any 09 sti/wrx in stock from should be door to door with any srt4 in stock form. id even give the edge to the subby from a very slow roll. since it has a slightly smaller turbo from the factory.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  11. #25
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    any 09 sti/wrx in stock from should be door to door with any srt4 in stock form. id even give the edge to the subby from a very slow roll. since it has a slightly smaller turbo from the factory.
    OK I know I'm retarded...but am I to understand that basically any stock SRT4...since the first year it was made... is faster than any comparable year WRX or STi up until 2009?

  12. #26
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    OK I know I'm retarded...but am I to understand that basically any stock SRT4...since the first year it was made... is faster than any comparable year WRX or STi up until 2009?
    faster than any stock wrx from a roll yes. until 09
    faster than any stock sti from a roll no. a drivers race at any speed.

    until 09 which i would give the edge to both subbies.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  13. #27
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    faster than any stock wrx from a roll yes. until 09
    faster than any stock sti from a roll no. a drivers race at any speed.

    until 09 which i would give the edge to both subbies.
    So...my 2005 WRX "Stage 2" + odds and ends of other mods... vs 2005 SRT4 with light mods as well...exhaust, ecu tune.... pretty close match?

  14. #28
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    So...my 2005 WRX "Stage 2" + odds and ends of other mods... vs 2005 SRT4 with light mods as well...exhaust, ecu tune.... pretty close match?
    from a roll the srt will win. it would take stage 2 wrx to keep up with a stock srt4. with your mods you'll be lucky to trap 100-102. a lightly modded srt will trap 105+ very easily. full bolt on stock turbo srt will trap 110+ mine trapped 113 on the stock turbo.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Dallas
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Yea, you need the Stage 2 map big guy...
    im not stage 2, why would i run that map w/o a dp+exhaust?

  16. #30
    Registered User Sooby-Doo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    195
    How you can have such a small drivetrain loss is quite simple. The engine sits directly over the drive wheels and doesn't travel through a huge driveshaft, LSD or anything else to get to the power wheels. It's the VW Bus factor. They lose less than 15 hp from crank to wheel.

    A stock WRX "only" loses about 55 hp from 225 crank to 170 wheel. That's through a heavy ass AWD system, center shaft, rear diff, etc... Losing only 25 hp in a FWD car isn't that absurd. Mitubishi Mirage's are rated 96 hp crank and dyno at 78 (rofl) but it's true!
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

    ******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •