Raced my buds R32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

This is a discussion on Raced my buds R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, my buddy and I went out late a couple nights ago onto a straight road that nobody uses and ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Findus11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ketchum, Idaho
    Posts
    670

    Raced my buds R32

    So, my buddy and I went out late a couple nights ago onto a straight road that nobody uses and had 2 other buds with walkie talkies to warn us if any cars were coming. We did 2 races, one from a 20 roll and one from a dig. I own an 07 wrx with only an exhaust as a mod. So, we began. We started from 20 mph, and on 3 honks we goosed it. Immediatly I started pulling away, until i was more than 3 lengths in front of him (now going 90). Subie 1, VW 0. Then from a dig, we were even for like 15 or 20 ft, and then my turbo kicked in, and I pulled about 3 lengths on him again. I didn't think my wagon could do this, but she pulled through and showed that hatch what's what. (wagon mafia ftw)
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    this should go in the wrx vs world section

  4. #3
    Registered User p0rnstar19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    this should go in the wrx vs world section
    +1. i'm not surprised you beat him. the r32 is heavier and is n/a. on the other harnd the wrx is lighter, has basically the same whp, but just doesn't look as nice inside and out. don't get me wrong, i love my bugeye, but there was even a time i wanted to trade my car in for an r32 just based on comfort, style, and it sounds great catless!
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

  5. #4
    Registered User WRXwagonMAFIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    some old backroad
    Posts
    123
    congrats my man. i played with an r 32 one time and was usually ahead of him (except when traffic didnt allow) they are nice cars, but like you said, when that turbo kicks on our cars, its over for the r32

    wagon mafia member??
    04' WRB wagon stage 2
    wagon Mafia #1 Where my wagons at?

  6. #5
    Registered User Findus11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ketchum, Idaho
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXwagonMAFIA View Post
    congrats my man. i played with an r 32 one time and was usually ahead of him (except when traffic didnt allow) they are nice cars, but like you said, when that turbo kicks on our cars, its over for the r32

    wagon mafia member??
    yeah for sure
    I raced him on last time from like 60 on the empty freeway, and even at like 105 the R32 just falls farther and farther.

    so, I made him put a wagon mafia sticker on his car, so he doesn't feel bad
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

  7. #6
    Registered User poetik002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Menasha, WI
    Posts
    9
    yesterday i knew it was a vw when i saw the thread title.

    i clicked on it today thinking is was a skyline you raced.
    poetik002

  8. #7
    Registered User Findus11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ketchum, Idaho
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by poetik002 View Post
    yesterday i knew it was a vw when i saw the thread title.

    i clicked on it today thinking is was a skyline you raced.
    i'd probably cry
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

  9. #8
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by p0rnstar19 View Post
    i love my bugeye, but there was even a time i wanted to trade my car in for an r32 just based on comfort, style
    Definitely, especially when you put the Subie against the company that makes the best interiors in any car under $30k. Audi interiors are the same exact thing (literally). BMW and Mercedes are nice in their cheaper models but not quite as refined, user friendly and nice looking IMHO as VW. This is exactly why I test drove a Porsche 996 Turbo the other day. I love the power of my car but I'm sick of the chintzy interior!

    But I still love the R32 and think it's a fine automobile!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  10. #9
    Registered User CGimpreza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    272
    What year r32 was it? One of the newer ones perhaps?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

  11. #10
    Registered User jpjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Doylestown PA
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    this should go in the wrx vs world section
    The Title Says: Comparison: WRX vs World How does the WRX stack up to the competition? Talk about the numbers and technical details or post stories about everyday encounters with other street monsters.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

  12. #11
    Registered User GTIzzle07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Yorkk
    Posts
    45
    first of all what year .:R32 ??? if your talking about a MKV, stock for stock i put lengths on it and my car stock runs about 214hp , compared to the R's 250hp N/A <-- N/A being one of the main reasons it is slower, also its extra 400 lbs. however the .:R's track times are better but i would rather have turbo anyway VW interior i agree is by far the nicest of any car in its $ range.
    "God created turbo lag so V8s would have a chance"
    BUY my GTI!--> http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74436

  13. #12
    Registered User Findus11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ketchum, Idaho
    Posts
    670
    it was an 08. But don't think i don't love those cars, cause i do! That interior literally makes me salivate. It just makes me proud that i beat one with my stock rex.
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

  14. #13
    Registered User S4winz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Definitely, especially when you put the Subie against the company that makes the best interiors in any car under $30k. Audi interiors are the same exact thing (literally). BMW and Mercedes are nice in their cheaper models but not quite as refined, user friendly and nice looking IMHO as VW. This is exactly why I test drove a Porsche 996 Turbo the other day. I love the power of my car but I'm sick of the chintzy interior!

    But I still love the R32 and think it's a fine automobile!
    WOW!! I said that in a Subie forum and got scolded to hell and back, In all honesty comparing an Audi to a Subaru is apples and oranges. **For the record the interior and options for a Audi to a VW isnt exact.** A lot of stuff is standard on Audi's that you have to pay extra to have in a VW. Look at some interiors of S4's and you cant compare it to a A4 let alone a Jetta.
    Last edited by S4winz; 11-18-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: poor english..sorry me english teach me good

  15. #14
    Registered User GTIzzle07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Yorkk
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by S4winz View Post
    WOW!! I said that in a Subie forum and got scolded to hell and back, In all honesty comparing an Audi to a Subaru is apples and oranges. **For the record the interior and options for a Audi to a VW isnt exact.** A lot of stuff is standard on Audi's that you have to pay extra to have in a VW. Look at some interiors of S4's and you cant compare it to a A4 let alone a Jetta.
    ^ you have a valid point, But, look under my hood... and guess what!? Audi parts, all over the place. VW is the cheaper Audi line of cars in many ways but where it really counts (under the hood) VW isnt too far off from audi
    "God created turbo lag so V8s would have a chance"
    BUY my GTI!--> http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74436

  16. #15
    Registered User gprwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    805
    Im not a V dub guy hehe subbie ftw..
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •