Raced my buds R32 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced my buds R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones Definitely, especially when you put the Subie against the company that makes the best interiors in ...

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Definitely, especially when you put the Subie against the company that makes the best interiors in any car under $30k. Audi interiors are the same exact thing (literally). BMW and Mercedes are nice in their cheaper models but not quite as refined, user friendly and nice looking IMHO as VW. This is exactly why I test drove a Porsche 996 Turbo the other day. I love the power of my car but I'm sick of the chintzy interior!

But I still love the R32 and think it's a fine automobile!
    VW's interior is very nice but don't let just the looks fool you. I had some major rattles/creeks that started getting unbearable around 40k miles or so. Many of my VW friends had similar annoying sounds. I'd like to give VW the benefit of the doubt and hope it was mostly Mexican-assembled models.

VW's quality control still has a ways to go before I buy another. I really thought they would go all-out with the MK5 in terms of quality/value simply b/c of all the nightmares the MK4 gave owners/mechanics/service managers.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

got into a "argument" with one while taking my friend to work yesterday in my STI. thinking the newest r32 out in blue, lowered and exhaust anyways...

i come on the highway he sees me and takes off. i didn't chase him because there was too much traffic, about 10 minutes later i end up right behind him, car in front of him wont move over so he bolts over to the next lane and guns it, i jump behind him and ride him, letting off the gas so i don't hit him, we run for about 1/2 mile till he realizes he cant get me off him and he throws up the peace sign.

im not gonna lie they do look good but for what you pay...not worth it.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I'd like to give VW the benefit of the doubt and hope it was mostly Mexican-assembled models.

VW's quality control still has a ways to go before I buy another. I really thought they would go all-out with the MK5 in terms of quality/value simply b/c of all the nightmares the MK4 gave owners/mechanics/service managers.
    Yeah most of the MKiv gtis were made in brazil and other s. american countries, the majority of MKVs are built in germany
    "God created turbo lag so V8s would have a chance"
    BUY my GTI!--> http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74436

Quote Originally Posted by GTIzzle07 View Post
    first of all what year .:R32 ??? if your talking about a MKV, stock for stock i put lengths on it and my car stock runs about 214hp , compared to the R's 250hp N/A <-- N/A being one of the main reasons it is slower, also its extra 400 lbs. however the .:R's track times are better but i would rather have turbo anyway VW interior i agree is by far the nicest of any car in its $ range.
    extra 400 lbs and fwd biased is the reason its slower

NA>Turbo of equal power

I love turbo cars I do but they just can't match the linearity and response of NA cars...hence why Turbo cars are always a hair slower coming out of corners then their NA counterparts hence your faster track times

The GTI MkV has gotten a lot of awards. I think Automobile gave it car of the year (if I'm mistaken please correct me ) and it is in the C&D 10 best. Are these industry mags taking reliability into account, so has it improved, or are they just looking at first impressions? I supposed one would need to visit VW Vortex to really get a handle on that but I was just wondering if anyone knew offhand...
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Banned
    yea my friend took a r32 from a 25 roll in his 2008 civic si sedan. haha vw's are slow, sorry for all the vw owners. and the r32 is wayyyyy overpriced

sexy

The R32 is a great looking car in and out but not so sport oriented. Would be nice to commute too and from work though. That or throw on the HPA tt system!

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    The GTI MkV has gotten a lot of awards. I think Automobile gave it car of the year (if I'm mistaken please correct me ) and it is in the C&D 10 best. Are these industry mags taking reliability into account, so has it improved, or are they just looking at first impressions? I supposed one would need to visit VW Vortex to really get a handle on that but I was just wondering if anyone knew offhand...
    That's more in terms of performance, handling, fit and finish, price, etc. Go see how Consumer Reports rates the MKV...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

The R32 would be great if it was 400 lbs lighter (gti status), if it came in stick, and if there was an option for a 2.5T engine
    "God created turbo lag so V8s would have a chance"
    BUY my GTI!--> http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74436

ive never been a vw guy but my friends r32 is amazing!!!! yes stock there nothing to strait line fast but ride handle etc there great....id much rather have one of those then any loaded a4.....as far as price goes if you are a vw guy with only a few mods you can make that car look handle and fly wit the best of them ....and they can still go an play in the snow with us if i had the money for one and the desire for a 3rd car then it would be at the top of my list.....actually im trying to get my girl to buy one right now...she wants a bigger car but im trying her other option is a new LGT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12