wrx[evo316g] vs wrx{vf34} - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx[evo316g] vs wrx{vf34} within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by idipskoalmint Even still, every StageII car is illegal, and I'm assuming that both cars have removed cats ...

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Even still, every StageII car is illegal, and I'm assuming that both cars have removed cats - he makes a valid point. An illegal car is an illegal car.
    Then we're all a bunch of hypocrits! Probably 50% of all the engine/exhaust mod threads lead to illegal activity in some form or another and probably 99.9% of the WRX's at Stage 2 drive on the road. However, the only saving grace to that statement is that "nobody told you to modify your car and go to Stage X." You do it on your own will and take full responsibility of any consequences.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gil
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    +1

I don't see any issue with his posts - the OP was talking about street racing.

Even still, every StageII car is illegal, and I'm assuming that both cars have removed cats - he makes a valid point. An illegal car is an illegal car.
    Are you saying that with a cobb catted downpipe and catback
    that I won't pass emissions ? BTW my car is an 06 wrx Cobb stage 2
    With great power comes great responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by gil View Post
    Gil, this is not the place to discuss that issue. In short the answer is "maybe". Nobody here can assure you that your catted downpipe actually works...not even the manufacturer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gil View Post
    Off topic, but:
    nj newbie question
    or especially
    NJ Emissions

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    Gil, this is not the place to discuss that issue.
    Sorry 2:43AM; had I seen your response I wouldn't have posted mine. You're right about the offtopic.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxWagon253
    Your {SIC} a joke. Streetracing has been around since cars have.
    I never said it was new.

I think you might be stereotyping the term "street racing" a little to much. Not every person that refers to a "street race" is at a local meet spot w/ 300 people ok. Stop watching fast in {SIC} the furious to get your info.
    Let's cut to the chase: Do I support the roundups in my area? Yes. Is my info out of date? Irrelevant. The laws are there, the cities are enforcing them.

Dont you ever watch streetfire,net or youtube race vids?
    I link to YouTube videos here all the time. Most of them are about motorsports. I still have zero sympathy for street racing.

Get over urself and the fake dad rolemodel your trying to play.
    I can't. I'm very self-absorbed.

Theres a time and place to race and sometimes that place is the streets.
    There's little point in arguing at this stage, since I have my view and you have yours. Flaming won't get us anywhere, so I'm leaving it at that. Whether I like the thought and work you've put into your car, I'll never applaud racing it on the streets.

In any case, the OP is nowhere to be found. In another thread the OP had a gearbox failure, and that was only a couple weeks before this thread started. I wonder if the race never came to be since the OP's car was down.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 10-03-2008 at 01:38 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxWagon253 View Post
    Your a joke.
    You're a self-acclaimed street racer, (with bad grammar), but Spiro is the joke. Mkay.

Hopefully you'll grow out of this phase.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    "I'm a racer bro".

Get over it. Not everyone here believes, condones, or participates in street racing.

Please adjust your tone/text when refering to people with differeing views.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, Craig, but I have to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxWagon253 View Post
    Tell that to the actual real people that arent on your all mighty bandwagon.
    That's what I'm doing. Pay attention.

You guys just have the wrong idea about what streetracing is. You can die just as easily crashing on a track as you could on the streets. As long as your responsible with your actions and not racing in traffic than everything is fine.
    Do me a favor. When you're out doing your responsible streetracing, fail to account for a car in the way, and destroy the life of an innocent...I want you to march up to that person's father, and tell them how fine your streetracing is. Please report back what happens, with pictures. I know what I'm likely to do to a responsible streetracer that hits one of my family members in traffic, so it should be entertaining.

Mistakes happen everywhere whether it be on the track or on the streets. You guys just focus on the bad.
    Because it's BAD. Death is BAD, mkay?

People race everyday and love it and it puts a big smile on their face and then here come old fart you with the whole shame on you crap. Maybe you need to not act so OLD.
    I suppose that I'm an "old, close-minded pansy"... I choose not to needlessly endanger the people around me as you do. Whether it "puts a big smile on your face" or not is really not relevant.

Sorry, not backing down an inch. Shame on you for not taking it to a track. Agreed that there are stupid people of all ages. They should grow up, too.

Have a nice day.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12