STi owners: how not to be a ricer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi owners: how not to be a ricer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey you STi owners out there, you ever wonder how to avoid earning the label of d-bag ricer? 1. It’s ...

uke

STi owners: how not to be a ricer

Hey you STi owners out there, you ever wonder how to avoid earning the label of d-bag ricer?

1. It’s really fun, when driving home from church with my fiancé in the car, when pulling to a red light to turn onto the highway onramp, to blow by me in low gear with your fart-cannon, scare the crap out of my fiancé, and cut me off in the turn lane at the last second to get in front of me. Real classy move there. If you’re going to buzz someone like that, I would at least suggest a muffler that doesn’t make you sound like a civic.

2. If, when the light turns green, we have a 110 degree turn to go through before we get on the highway, I’m not going to follow you as you floor it with all four tires screaming through the tight turn. You have an AWD car that lets you keep control. I have a 500hp RWD V8 car that likes to over steer. Please do not be surprised if I don’t follow suit. If you were having a “see who can turn through the light fastest” contest, then you clearly won. Congrats dude, you da man.

3. Upon entering the highway ahead, if you’re itching to see how you fare from a roll race against me…I might suggest slowing down so I can actually catch up and we can give it a shot. Remember how you just flew through that turn in point number 2? Yeah, I kinda took my time getting through the turn as I wanted to keep my car upright today. I did speed up once I straightened out, though. However, by the time I was actually on the highway, you were a good 50ft in front of me. Furthermore, you were still doing a good 20mph over the limit. Now, if I’m that far behind you, I’d probably have to do about 30mph over the limit just to catch up. To be honest, going to jail just trying to catch up to you just didn’t seem worth it enough to test my mettle against you for a 10 sec race.

4. Please…PLEASE do not go home thinking you achieved any sort of victory. I don’t know your mods. You could be pushing 450awhp for all I know. Even if you were, though, you didn’t really prove anything except the fact that you’re a moron.

In summary, I ask you other STi owners out there to please learn from the above example of what NOT to do. I love a good clean race, win or lose, as much as any other guy. However, I refuse to stoop to matching such levels of stupidity.

That is all. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by uke; 08-20-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the same can be said about drivers of any type of car, you just happened to encounter a d-bag who was driving an sti... I have seen more jackasses laying down mountains of rubber while drifting through traffic in their gto's as if they were in Tokyo Drift thank I have seen sti drivers behaving badly...
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

How not to be a d-bag labeler.

1) Realize there are moran drivers in all types of cars, including an STi. Calling every owner out is pretty immature. Considering alot of owners drive in a very mature manner. You had some bad expeiriances...so what.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    1) Realize there are moran drivers in all types of cars, including an STi. Calling every owner out is pretty immature. Considering alot of owners drive in a very mature manner. You had some bad expeiriances...so what.
    FYI, I never accused all "xxx" car crowd of being tards. I put a post in the OT section about a really cool STi driver I encountered about a month ago.

And yeah, maybe I am just venting a little bit on the appropriate board the incident related to. Hopefully others may be able to learn from it and not repeat it, regardless of car.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

He's just upset because GTO's are too heavy to weave in and out of traffic. Even if he tried, he would go through 1/2 tank of gas just trying to keep up and blow his engine...it's a Pontiac (not known for longevity...anyone remember the Fiero?)
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    Hopefully others may be able to learn from it and not repeat it, regardless of car.
    It sure would be nice, but this is an on going battle that will always continue. Like teen driver threads, and which bov is better threads...

Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    He's just upset because GTO's are too heavy to weave in and out of traffic. Even if he tried, he would go through 1/2 tank of gas just trying to keep up and blow his engine...it's a Pontiac (not known for longevity...anyone remember the Fiero?)
    I wouldnt take it that far, the 6.0L can pack a punch. I do think the car could have used more engineering in looks and fine details, but its a beefy car. Maintain it and they last.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    ROFL, was that YOU in front of me? And where exactly did I talk any smack whatsoever about STi's? I'm talking about the stupid PEOPLE, not the cars they drive.

You are EXACTLY the type of retard I'm talking about. I mean, I didn't go 90mph weaving through traffic on a cop-infested highway with my fiance in the car because I was too upset my car couldn't handle it...Riiiiight. (rolls eyes)
    Last edited by uke; 08-20-2008 at 01:33 PM.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're are EXACTLY the type of retard I'm talking about. I mean, I didn't go 90mph weaving through traffic on a cop-infested highway with my fiance in the car because I was too upset my car couldn't handle it...Riiiiight. (rolls eyes)
    you are are? retard? lolque?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hey you STi owners out there, you ever wonder how to avoid earning the label of d-bag ricer?

1. It’s really fun, when driving home from church with my fiancé in the car...............Have a nice day.
    Totally agree with you. But these morons are everywhere and drive all kinds of cars. I don't think any specific make or model holds a considerably larger amount of idiots over the other.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    you are are? retard? lolque?
    Touche

Fixed it
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    Totally agree with you. But these morons are everywhere and drive all kinds of cars. I don't think any specific make or model holds a considerably larger amount of idiots over the other.
    Oh I know that. I just felt like venting on here since 1. it was a Subaru that did it and 2. I'm a semi-regular on here anyway so I figured I'd throw a post up as a little FYI/vent on what NOT to do.

Again, I have nothing against the cars, or the drivers in general (have met many decent people). Retard-boy bugged the crap out of me, and if I'm lucky, he's reading this. I also wanted to see if one of his like-minded retard kin would respond. Looks like post #5 in this thread accomplished that
    Last edited by uke; 08-20-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    I don't see anything wrong with a little weaving here and there but I do know that not giving another vehicle an unfair chance is quite dueshey. I am not a fan of stupid people, but I am a fan of driving fast when it isn't a threat to other people. If he wasn't a duesh he would have driven with you and probably had some fun.

And to the person that said he is pissed that his car can't weave, you are stupid. He wouldn't have bought a gto if that is what he was looking to do.

I wish we could have some kidna street language that could tell people you aren't trying to drive fast because you have someone in the car or something to that effect. I tend to only start driving like an asshat when someone else startes it, and even in that case I am sure to be as safe ass possible(not scaring the **** out of people)

P.S. That kid is stupid the GTO is a nice car, hope you have fun with it man.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by boardinshorty81 View Post
    P.S. That kid is stupid the GTO is a nice car, hope you have fun with it man.
    Thanks man, it's a blast. What's really funny is that my father likes to brag to people about my car more than I do (I tend to be low-key about it). Get compliments all the time that it sounds like something straight out of the 60's, in a good way.

Always been a fan of the Subaru's as well. Registered on here back in 2003 as I was looking to get a WRX at the time, but just didn't pan out. Great car to have fun in.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Removed tool bag comment from tool bag thread.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 08-20-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast