Competition for Stage 4 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Competition for Stage 4 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up all, just curious to know some good competition for a Stage 4 subie. all my mods are in ...

Competition for Stage 4 WRX

whats up all, just curious to know some good competition for a Stage 4 subie. all my mods are in my sig and my #'s. Also curious to know what the outcome would be against a stage 1 Mazdaspeed3 (no turbo-back just cobb flashed) my brother has one and hes been talkin some smack even since i've been pro-tuned. Thanks
    OBP 05 WRX sedan, Big Evo III 16G, STi 565 injectors, HKS S-type FMIC, HKS super mega flow intake, Walbro FP, Helix catted DP, HKS UP, SRS catback and so much more.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    You shouldn't have a problem w/what you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by 05BlackBeauty View Post
    whats up all, just curious to know some good competition for a Stage 4 subie. all my mods are in my sig and my #'s. Also curious to know what the outcome would be against a stage 1 Mazdaspeed3 (no turbo-back just cobb flashed) my brother has one and hes been talkin some smack even since i've been pro-tuned. Thanks
    should be a good bit faster than a stg1 ms3, but don't be surprise if it does pull away.

closest race u guys have ever been in........
    OBP 05 WRX sedan, Big Evo III 16G, STi 565 injectors, HKS S-type FMIC, HKS super mega flow intake, Walbro FP, Helix catted DP, HKS UP, SRS catback and so much more.....

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    Is that a question or a statement ??

you down low, him up high .... if you keep going long enough

You might be able to just embarass him by a small yet no less demoralizing number of car lengths at 50mph from a dig, but you're close enough in power for the drivetrain losses to see him run on the high end of things. I'd figure he'll have you by 80mph.

See how pointless that paragraph was? Stop asking questions about racing your brother online and just do it. I expect streetfire vids of said races replete with FWD&AWD parking lot donuts in or near a school zone, a cop car with lights flashing, and a fender bender.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    you down low, him up high
    yeah that sounds about right. The Cobb Stage1 flash on the MS3 doesn't really get you much, so he is making maybe 15-20 less whp than you and a little more torque (I dynoed 251hp/277tq stock).

Tell your brother to get rid of the AP and get a TBE, MBC and put the boost up to 18psi, he will be very close to 300whp. The AccessPORT for the MS3 isn't nearly developed enough yet for it to be worth the money.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

closest race u guys have ever been in........
    With the number's in my sig and my setup (considered stage 4) I race a 340WHP//315 WTQ EVO IX from a dig. I pulled out about a car from him off the line and he caught me right at the top of third and from there it got kind of ugly, lol. But I probably would have been about a half of a car behind him by the time we finished the quarter (for reference).
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

it was a question

Go out there and race people, make new friends. Nothing like meeting a new dude from the military with an out of state registration then ending up having a couple runs with him along. Showing off mods to each other, networking, and having a couple beers afterwards. <3 living near a naval base :P
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    It's a shame. I never see MS3s on the street, modified or otherwise. How are they ( besides strait line speed I mean)?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    It's a shame. I never see MS3s on the street, modified or otherwise. How are they ( besides strait line speed I mean)?
    If you are in PA come by and I will show you
    www.jscspeed.com

they're pretty impresive.....I drove my brother's a few times and hes basically bone stock. For the money its supposed to be the quickest and tightest car in its class. Although after about
    4K in bolt ons I'd hope I should be able to take him.......

For the money its supposed to be the quickest and tightest car in its class.

maybe last year-- the new Cobalt SS is bumping it out of the top. Launch control and flat foot shifting stock FTW.
    www.jscspeed.com

hahah oooooh chevy trying to get into the import game. I dunno how true it is but I heard when they first introduced the SS cobalt the heads were shimmed and it caused alot of concern because apparently the design caused mechanical problems. anyone else hear of this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.