Brand New to the wrx any suggestions?

This is a discussion on Brand New to the wrx any suggestions? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Made this profile so i could get some feed back. My storey goes as..... i was looking for ...

Brand New to the wrx any suggestions?

Hey guys, Made this profile so i could get some feed back.

My storey goes as.....
    i was looking for a new car. my options that i wanted a toyota 4 runner, a lexus is 300 or a subaru wrx. i got a number off a subau wrx. stopped and chatted, drove the car; was fast as hell and ran clean from what i saw. from the info i got from the guy it had re-inforced rod and bearings, a ?greddy?( something with a G garret maybe?) after market turbo? short shifter, thats all i got from our small chat. hes selling the car for 17,000 OBO but wants to get rid of it for a fall tuition. he offered me the car at 15,100.he told me he has never touched the car himself and ALL work that has been done is at one shop specializing in audi/subaru. we are meeting again on monday. i asked him to bring a folder off all reciepts and warrantys for the turbo. the car has 40,000 miles on it. any suggestions before i meet up with this guy again??? please help =-*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what year is the car? find out what kind of turbo it is.

regardless of who did the work, depending on the year and the turbo, it could potentially need a new transmission soon!

rule of thumb- always look for a stock car or as close to stock as you can get.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

OMGHI2U! lol

I wouldn't buy a used wrx that was modded.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    OMGHI2U! lol

I wouldn't buy a used wrx that was modded.

if you do, have a shop in town that you trust inspect the car for you. good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by STiBOi View Post
    Could it still be considered a sex toy if you get off from driving it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Starters welcome.

Secondly buying a used modded wrx as your first Subaru might not be the best choice. If you do not know what you are looking at it's easy to end up with someone's lemon. Also the transmissions arent known to be all that strong and if you dont know how the car was driven it can easily land you a several thousand dollar bill to replace it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i just want to say Hello, and welcome to the forums ha

i would buy a modded wrx... limited to the Cobb AP v2. turboback and small stuff such as the above. dont buy a modded wrx if its a new turbo... that just complicates everything... new transmission, injectors, fuel pump could go... too many things to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Vaun View Post
    the car has 40,000 miles on it. any suggestions before i meet up with this guy again??? please help =-*
    To me modified cars are worth LESS than stock. Take the advice from the other members and buy a bone stock or lightly modified one. If it is modified a responsible owner will keep the original parts for the car (rims, exhaust etc etc.).
    2004 WRX

this could be the only post in forum history actually moved TO the Everyday Impreza Talk.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Keep looking, you can find something more reliable. Something like this will give you little problems every now and then and since you didn't mod it, you won't even know what exactly was done to it. What year is this car anyway???

HOLY CLEAVAGE!!
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Hi brand newy

I would suggest that any car having done 40.000 miles would not be an attraction to me.
    Subaru's are certainly known for being bullit proof but when you are looking at purchasing a modifeid car with high mileage i would be cautious.
    I'm far from against, modded WRX's but I feel that you would be much safer off with a standard model which produces plenty of power in any case, good luck.