My stageII wrx vs STI

This is a discussion on My stageII wrx vs STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1/4 mile drag strip vs white 06 sti. All i know is that he's not stock and is running a ...

My stageII wrx vs STI

1/4 mile drag strip vs white 06 sti. All i know is that he's not stock and is running a bov...

I've talked to him when he first got it and appearantly he was aware about the BOV problems. from this vid i guess he got it on his car.

MySpaceTV Videos: Formula Dance FD Cruise by J*BULLY

What you guys think the turnout will be. It'll be out first time at an actually drag strip btw.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    What you guys think the turnout will be. It'll be out first time at an actually drag strip btw.
    u will lose if the other driver has experience at the track.

1st timers at the strip will always get lousy times.

This guy I know had a vf34 and supporting mods, first time at the strip he ran a high 14 second 1/4 mile lol

^^^ you speak the truth.

I was all ate up the first time back at the track...

BTW, can you even set up a specific race at the track? I've only been to test-n-tune days and it seemed they were just running cars through as quickly as they could to clear the staging lanes.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Yes, driving at the strip is different, and you have to get used to those differences. But, if you know what you're doing, you can get a good time on you first trip. My first time was with my Integra many years ago. My first run was a stellar 18.9. But my third run was a 14.7, and my fourth a 14.4. I thought those were excellent times for a Teg with only an intake.

So go and have fun. Just don't worry about how you look. Enjoy the experience and learn from each run.
    yakkosmurf
    '08 STI (Stage 1)
    '05 WRX (Stage 1, Sold)
    '04 IS300
    '00 Type R (Sold)
    '86 MR2 (Sold)

Thanx for replies! I've been looking at oils i could run and almost went for royal purple 'til someone told me i shouldn't use it for my engine.

Anyways, we canceled track day and decided to just go on a spirited run through the mountains ending @ pismo beach, ca.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

More info on the celica/ferrari that was the camera car in the video. Please, I'd love a good laugh.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    More info on the celica/ferrari that was the camera car in the video. Please, I'd love a good laugh.
    hehe sorry for the late reply but for some appearant reason people go up to him saying "nice ferarri" or "is that a ferarri?"...

It's kinda like someone going up to me saying "so have you done any awsome drifting lately?"
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST