06 wrx vs. Mustang 4.6 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs. Mustang 4.6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if its a gt 94-99 ull eat it. i have a b16a civic hatch and i take gt up to ...

if its a gt 94-99 ull eat it. i have a b16a civic hatch and i take gt up to 99. theyre heavy tanks. and off the whole if ur a good driver awd will kick the gt's ass

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

before 2001 the manifolds where so restrictive those ****stangs couldnt get out of their own way

Stage 2 vs GT?

My buddy just bought a 08 GT Mustang, he is still going through break in but when he is done we are going to Bandimere (CO) and race. Ive got a 02 rex stage 2 just got pro tunned and pulled 203 on the dyno. I am not sure who will win, what do you guys think?

if u are stock he will yank u in the top end..

if u are stage 1 it will be close, and if u are stage 2 u will win.. especially if u are tuned
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

Sorry should have said that Bandimere is a 1/4 mile track in CO. Like i said im stage 2 and pro tunned.

Injen up pipe, Invidia bell mouth down pipe, Borla XR-1 , K&N intake, and pro tunned by theboostcrep

the 08 gt's are pretty stout. it's more on par with an sti than a wrx

Thats true an STI does put out the same amount of horse power as the new Mustang GT. What I am thinking is in pounds per horse power, now the GTs curb weight is around 3700 pounds divided by the amount of HP (300 at the crank) thats 12.34 pounds per hp. A WRX weighs just 2900 pounds and has a stock hp of 220 so thats 13.18. So he would have me stock no problem.

The thing is though is that I have done a little work to my WRX, I am stage 2 and have been pro tunned or dyno tunned whatever you want to call it. When my car ran stock amount of boost it put down 145hp to the wheels, then after tunning it put down 203 to the wheels thats a gain of 58hp. So adding 58hp to the stock 220hp and dividing like before, we end up with 10.43 pounds per horse power.

I am not saying that the Mustang isn't fast, the factory clams it will run the 1/4 mile in high 13's and thats fast. I also know that the AWD system is going to slow me down at higher speeds, but I still have no idea who will win, i think it will be close. I dunno what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by haphazzard View Post
    Thats true an STI does put out the same amount of horse power as the new Mustang GT. What I am thinking is in pounds per horse power, now the GTs curb weight is around 3700 pounds divided by the amount of HP (300 at the crank) thats 12.34 pounds per hp. A WRX weighs just 2900 pounds and has a stock hp of 220 so thats 13.18. So he would have me stock no problem.

The thing is though is that I have done a little work to my WRX, I am stage 2 and have been pro tunned or dyno tunned whatever you want to call it. When my car ran stock amount of boost it put down 145hp to the wheels, then after tunning it put down 203 to the wheels thats a gain of 58hp. So adding 58hp to the stock 220hp and dividing like before, we end up with 10.43 pounds per horse power.

I am not saying that the Mustang isn't fast, the factory clams it will run the 1/4 mile in high 13's and thats fast. I also know that the AWD system is going to slow me down at higher speeds, but I still have no idea who will win, i think it will be close. I dunno what do you guys think?
    Keep in mind also a turbo has the advantage at high altitude. If you are in a high altitude you will probably take him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It must be on the Subway diet. Did you name it Jared?

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj View Post
    Keep in mind also a turbo has the advantage at high altitude. If you are in a high altitude you will probably take him.
    Good point. Nice picture by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by haphazzard View Post
    A stock Mustang GT doesn't weigh 3700 lbs. Edmunds says it weighs 3450 lbs with a manual. A stock WRX has never been as light as 2900 lbs either. They have always been listed at 3085. An STi is a good bit more than that.

yeah... a wrx weighs 2900 lbs...

on what planet?? bc it surely isnt earth... the moon maybe?

Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ret030 View Post
    yeah... a wrx weighs 2900 lbs...

on what planet?? bc it surely isnt earth... the moon maybe?

Ok sorry probably should have done a bit more looking that just Wikipedia,

"The 2002... the previous year's model but the curb weight has been increased to 1350 kg (2976 lb)."

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    The 4.6 is definitely not the V6. The stock V8 Mustang GT runs the 1/4 mile in 13.8. Stock '06 WRX runs 14.2 (at best, cause I've ran mine about 10 times and can't get it under 14.8). That leaves only a 0.4 of a sec difference, but since the WRX is AWD, it is alot easier to launch.......if the Mus-take, I mean Mustang had any wheel spin, it would be very very close.
    There is so much wrong information in this entire thread but I'll focus on this one for right now. The 06-07 WRX can indeed hit faster than 14.2 and has been by many people. Just because you suck at driving doesn't mean that others do. I've personally got my 06 WRX down to 14.2 when it was my first time at the track with only 3 runs to work with. I've yet to return but I'm sure now with more experience under my belt with AWD (I'm used to RWD) I could do better. I've seen several guys post slips on other boards showing consistant 13.8's with a few guys even posting 13.7's in a STOCK 06-07 WRX. Of course it's not just drivers skill but track conditions as well. But to say that it won't go faster than 14.2 is just plain wrong.

As for the original question plain and simple it comes down to driver skill given all other conditions being equal. I've personally taken several of the newer stangs with 300hp in my Suby. It was a close race winning only by a fender but I've done it.

What dyno in colorado did you get tuned on?
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.