18G vs new G8
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

This is a discussion on 18G vs new G8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man, what went wong? Any ideas? Yesterday, I raced G8 from 0 to around 65. I lost by 1 car. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User MengHang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    300

    18G vs new G8

    Man, what went wong? Any ideas?

    Yesterday, I raced G8 from 0 to around 65.
    I lost by 1 car. I know my IC was heatsoaked, so I was only
    pushing about 16 psi, instead of 19. I took the lead in 1st, but
    when 2nd came up, he just gained about 1 car lengths.

    Are those things that fast? v6 or v8? I'm not sure, but his rims were chrome. So, I'm guessing the v8 model.

    Anyone have the new G8 and can prove what just happened.
    So confused. Even the Viper did not put up a fight like the G8.

    I'm guessing if we went further, I would have walked him, but I feel so degrated....

    Later...going to hide my head under a rock.


    Man I need an upgrade IC.
    Meng Hang

    Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,663
    I Support ClubWRX
    Was this on 8-mile during rush hour?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  4. #3
    Registered User MengHang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Was this on 8-mile during rush hour?
    Actually it was 9 mile on a hot humid day.
    Meng Hang

    Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

  5. #4
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,899
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    I'm guessing if we went further, I would have walked him, but I feel so degrated....

    Later...going to hide my head under a rock.
    Don't feel bad. It's just because he's better than you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  6. #5
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    you lost from a dig to a rwd 4000lb tank? the sux. bin there done that though but with a vette. you know your faster just not that day. owell, at least your not driving a gm product.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  7. #6
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,590
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post

    Anyone have the new G8 and can prove what just happened.
    So confused. Even the Viper did not put up a fight like the G8.
    OMG comedy gold!

    I love your threads!

    Remember what we told you about the Viper?

  8. #7
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    you lost from a dig to a rwd 4000lb tank? the sux. bin there done that though but with a vette. you know your faster just not that day. owell, at least your not driving a gm product.
    and your.....

    driving a.....

    Dodge?

    People in glasshouses, etc, etc...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  9. #8
    Moderator timber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    3,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    my spidey senses are tingling...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

  10. #9
    Registered User MengHang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    300

    Make an effort.

    I posted this item, because I wanted to see if anyone had a G8 and could atest to what happened. I read the stats and those v8 are around 360hp but heavy. Kinda like racing a 3000GT vr4.

    Some real input guys. All I'm getting are smart ass remarks. If your going to post, make some effort guys.
    Meng Hang

    Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

  11. #10
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,590
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    I posted this item, because I wanted to see if anyone had a G8 and could atest to what happened. I read the stats and those v8 are around 360hp but heavy. Kinda like racing a 3000GT vr4.

    Some real input guys. All I'm getting are smart ass remarks. If your going to post, make some effort guys.
    Ok. I'll make an effort and point out the obvious.

    Your car isn't as fast as you think it is. Couple that with the fact that you probably can't drive a hot nail through snow. The Viper you raced wasn't racing. He was sitting next to you laughing as you wasted gas. You need to watch F&F at least 8 more times before you can race another rental car.

  12. #11
    Registered User MengHang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    300
    Ha ha. Actually my tuner said that my car is faster than a stage 4 VF34 with my stock IC. He said my car should be running 12.9 or 12.8 without making any efforts and with a stock IC.

    I guess I'm just lost. I held up to a stage 2/3 SRT4 last month. I guess it's the head soak from the IC that's robing me. Can't wait to get a larger FMIC and push +300whp soon or get a TD06and push close to 350whp.

    I measured my car yesterday, which was colder day, and I got my normal 19psi which felt good...man this humidy sucks.

    Does upgrading your IC have that much effect?
    Meng Hang

    Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

  13. #12
    Registered User MengHang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Ok. I'll make an effort and point out the obvious.

    Your car isn't as fast as you think it is. Couple that with the fact that you probably can't drive a hot nail through snow. The Viper you raced wasn't racing. He was sitting next to you laughing as you wasted gas. You need to watch F&F at least 8 more times before you can race another rental car.
    One more note....chill... you really have some issues....
    Meng Hang

    Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

  14. #13
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,590
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    One more note....chill... you really have some issues....
    On another note, stop being such a ricer. You have more issues.

  15. #14
    Registered User jeffmm06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,138
    Up to 65mph on 9 mile? Very ballsey. Better off on 8 mile for sure haha.

    Who tuned your car?

    Yeah the G8's pack a little punch.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

  16. #15
    Registered User MengHang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Up to 65mph on 9 mile? Very ballsey. Better off on 8 mile for sure haha.

    Who tuned your car?

    Yeah the G8's pack a little punch.
    Speed Industry in MI. There pretty decent with their Mustang Dyno. Good shop. They dyno Subrau's all the time.
    Meng Hang

    Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •