Stage 2 Rex Beat Evo8 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Rex Beat Evo8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTFH3030 are you serious? Evo 9's are monsters compared to the 8's The evo8's had 286hp the ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030 View Post
    are you serious? Evo 9's are monsters compared to the 8's
    The evo8's had 286hp the evo9's had 289hp how's that a "monster" comparsion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spoli88 View Post
    The evo8's had 286hp the evo9's had 289hp how's that a "monster" comparsion?
    I suppose people are referring to how the different models responded to basic tweaks and bolt-on's. The 9, when it first came out, quickly developed a reputation for putting down huge numbers on the dyno, with just a simple reflash.

I'm sure the more educated Evo folks here will correct me if I'm wrong.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I suppose people are referring to how the different models responded to basic tweaks and bolt-on's. The 9, when it first came out, quickly developed a reputation for putting down huge numbers on the dyno, with just a simple reflash.

I'm sure the more educated Evo folks here will correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't know much about evo's nor do I care to I'm a subaru guy. But I think you might be correct on that assumtion that the 9's took to tuning better. I was just comparing stock to stock not which is easier to modify.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know much about evo's nor do I care to I'm a subaru guy. But I think you might be correct on that assumtion that the 9's took to tuning better. I was just comparing stock to stock not which is easier to modify.
    Mod-ability seems quite relevant, given that the OP's WRX is not stock.

The world really doesn't revolve around Subaru, ya know.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Mod-ability seems quite relevant, given that the OP's WRX is not stock.

Who said anything about the world revolving around subaru? Subaru's are all I really know anything about, heck I almost bought a DSM for my first car but I couldn't afford one plus parts are for subaru's are cheap for me because my dad works a subaru dealer, so sorry if it seems that I'm alitttle bias towards subaru's. They're all I've really known.

Just the stars! (six of them anyway)
    Last edited by Pavia; 07-22-2008 at 09:31 AM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Just the stars! (six of them anyway)
    yea lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Who said anything about the world revolving around subaru?
    Quote Originally Posted by spoli88
    I don't know much about evo's nor do I care to I'm a subaru guy.
    ^^^You did. Sorry, I can identify a fanboi at 600 yards.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

^^^You did. Sorry, I can identify a fanboi at 600 yards.
    I know it's never hard to tell that I'm a subie fan, but I have always considered myself a car guy, and here recently I've caught myself time and again checking out DSM's only problem with them is there alomst impossible to find stock and the modied ones are half asked together and are death traps for those of us like me that aren't mechanics, so that's why I like subaru's you can always find a stock and start there

to clarify there is a huge difference between the 8 and 9. Larger turbo, different hotside and the Mivec. We are looking at a 30hp difference between the two. Not trying to argue with anyone, just stating the facts.
    BTW, nice kill by the OP.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1trackmind View Post
    to clarify there is a huge difference between the 8 and 9. Larger turbo, different hotside and the Mivec. We are looking at a 30hp difference between the two.
    Interesting; thanks for the detail.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by 1trackmind View Post
    to clarify there is a huge difference between the 8 and 9. Larger turbo, different hotside and the Mivec. We are looking at a 30hp difference between the two. Not trying to argue with anyone, just stating the facts.
    BTW, nice kill by the OP.
    Now I read all the big mags and the only difference that you mentioned that I knew of was the mivec. and the evo 8 was rated at 286 and the 9 was rated 289 that I'm pretty sure of, but then again I don't really study evo's

I Support ClubWRX
    Your numbers didn't really sound right to me, so I poked around a bit. This is from the wikipedia article about the models in question:
    Mitsubishi introduced the Lancer Evolution IX in Japan on March 3, 2005,[6] and exhibited the car at the Geneva Motor Show for the European market the same day.[7] The North American markets saw the model exhibited at the New York International Auto Show the following month.[8] The 2.0 L 4G63 engine got MIVEC technology (variable valve timing), boosting official power output at the crankshaft to 286 hp (213 kW) and torque to 289 ftlbf (392 Nm). The Evolution VIII first offered in 2003 would produce dynamometer readings of approximately 225 WHP and 225 lbft (305 Nm). WTQ with a flywheel power rating of 271/273 respectively. The Evolution IX typically pulls 255 WHP and 250 WTQ on a wheel dynamometer, a difference of 30 hp (22 kW).
    Sounds like the dyno pulls confirm that the IX is a considerably more potent car from the factory.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ray didnt you learn that wikipedia is NOT a valid source?!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Your numbers didn't really sound right to me, so I poked around a bit. This is from the wikipedia article about the models in question:

Sounds like the dyno pulls confirm that the IX is a considerably more potent car from the factory.
    ok but still 271 vs 286. 15hp is 15hp don't get me wrong but I don't that would qualify as "much more potent." yes more but not too much or the 30 that was said before. Also I don't usaully use wikipedia b/c they don't have a good rep behind them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.