beat any DSM's lately?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on beat any DSM's lately? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just joined this forum yesterday, and like I said in the new person post yesterday my buddy has a ...

beat any DSM's lately?

I just joined this forum yesterday, and like I said in the new person post yesterday my buddy has a DSM, and I was just curious to hear some of your guys stories about beating them, so I can my buddy and rub it in his face. haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a ricer 2nd-gen Eclipse pull up next to me at a light and stall it yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by spoli88
    I just joined this forum yesterday, and like I said in the new person post yesterday my buddy has a DSM, and I was just curious to hear some of your guys stories about beating them, so I can my buddy and rub it in his face. haha
    I wouldn't rub anything in your buddy's face unless you can beat him when you go to the drag strip / Auto-X
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    I wouldn't rub anything in your buddy's face unless you can beat him when you go to the drag strip / Auto-X

True but it makes for great conversion cause he thinks his 14.1 sec talon is the fastest thing runing right now

I Support ClubWRX
    DSM's are a great platform for mods. No need to beat him up about it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    DSM's are a great platform for mods. No need to beat him up about it.
    That's all they're good for is modifing. DSM stands for Daily Scheduled Maintenance. They're junk cars that can go fast for a little while and then spend alot of time in the garage getting fixed.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

=)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    So let me get this straight. You have a 97 Outback, and you want to but your friends balls about his car being slow?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spoli88 View Post
    That's all they're good for is modifing. DSM stands for Daily Scheduled Maintenance. They're junk cars that can go fast for a little while and then spend alot of time in the garage getting fixed.
    Purely out of curiosity, what magnificent piece of engineering excellence do you drive?

edit: Nevermind..TR actually took the time to look at a profile.

I dunno..I guess all of this "my car is better than your car" stuff just bores me to tears.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

My younger brother has a AWD DSM, I think it's a Laser.

In any case, it's faster than my WRX - or at least it was until his transfer case went BANG! If you don't mind working on them, as they do seem to break often, they can be economical for a fast import.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    So let me get this straight. You have a 97 Outback, and you want to but your friends balls about his car being slow?
    14.1 isn't very fast dude espiecally for a car that has as much work done to it as his does heck my brothers 7000lbs 5spd diesel truck runs 14.9s in the quarter

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Purely out of curiosity, what magnificent piece of engineering excellence do you drive?

edit: Nevermind..TR actually took the time to look at a profile.

I dunno..I guess all of this "my car is better than your car" stuff just bores me to tears.
    I drive a subaru and yes it is a magnificent piece of machinary, IT DOESN'T BREAK!! and I drive it hard with 142,000 miles on it and it just keeps on ticking heck I've seen guys doing burnouts with 300k mile 80's DL wagons that are stock so yea in my mind subaru's are better then DSM's but I'm sorry that that bores

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

In any case, it's faster than my WRX - or at least it was until his transfer case went BANG! If you don't mind working on them, as they do seem to break often, they can be economical for a fast import.
    I guess they can be an econmically fast import but I enjoy driving my cars not working on them, but that's my opinion

I Support ClubWRX
    14.1 isn't very fast dude espiecally for a car that has as much work done to it as his does heck my brothers 7000lbs 5spd diesel truck runs 14.9s in the quarter
    You need to have a faster car than him to bust his balls. Oh, and a 14.1 is WAY faster than a 14.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    You need to have a faster car than him to bust his balls. Oh, and a 14.1 is WAY faster than a 14.9.
    okay, and I was comparing a 2500lbs car to a 7000lbs truck that's impressive for a 5spd diesel truck espically when your comparing it to a compact sports car

okay, and I was comparing a 2500lbs car to a 7000lbs truck that's impressive for a 5spd diesel truck espically when your comparing it to a compact sports car
    My uncle in arkansas has a f250, he ran a 9.8 with a trailor full of cows.
    CGM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.