WRX vs. SS Colbolts? - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SS Colbolts? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel Wasn't the 08+ design a product of Petter Solberg wanting the STi to be a hatch, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    Wasn't the 08+ design a product of Petter Solberg wanting the STi to be a hatch, therefore putting the STi ahead of the Impreza in terms of the chicken or the egg timeline?
    My apologies if you were offended but...
    Are you really trying to argue by implication that the Impreza is based on the "Impreza" WRX STi? All because you read Petter(along with plenty of others) saw an advantage to racing a hatch versus a sedan? Solberg doesn't make production decisions. I don't care what anybody says.

Despite what the commercials want you to believe... comparing the WRC car to what we buy at the dealer is practically like comparing the old Nascar cars to what people bought at the dealers. Of course some production decisions may be rooted in knowledge that was gained in racing but I'm afraid that does NOT mean that the Impreza is "based" on the STi. No matter how bad some want to believe it.

I drank Tang with my breakfast as a kid. Tang was used in space flight for astronauts. No matter how much I may have tried to convince myself of it when I was 7, my eating breakfast was NOT based on the space program.

Despite the number of a diatribes about the status of what an STi is, I'm pretty sure most of the board was pretty well aware of their car's place in the grand scheme of things before now.
    Based on the logic you just used to imply that the Impreza comes from the STi (and my experience) I would say too many do NOT know what the WRX lineage is or where it falls in the scheme of things.

There's plenty of reason to talk bad about the Cobalt platform, but that's just my first hand personal experience.
    If you had a poor experience with the cobalt then I completely understand you not having anything good to say about them. I don't know about painting them all as bad though.
    Last edited by TheJ; 08-18-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Make less offensive
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteautosport View Post
    The leggys are Pretty much stock we are still running stock exhaust we just have a tune and a lil more boost but im not dogging the coblats i was saying there quick cars street or race
    Fair enough....I just didnt understand comparing two cars in a class that try's to make them as close to equal as possible...it is fun to watch through.

I do not think Peter went to Subaru and said "Make me a STI hatch" and then Subaru took all the engineering out of the STI and made an econo car out of it. I personally think it was probably vice versa. Either way I dont work for Subaru so I have no idea. But it still doesnt mean that the street going STI is anything compared to the WRC STI as they are not one in the same by any stretch of the imagination.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    You sound like one of those notorious STi owners who have their head too far up their rump for recognition.

I had no idea that applying turbo's to 4 cylinder cars was STRICTLY an import idea. Hmm...though it was done over a decade ago....DSM anyone?

By the way, the *Muscle* car died over 20 years ago.
    Wasn't it one of the Dodge's that started it here ? Omni maybe ? Take a Chevy on dirt,snow,ice,sand..... anything more than street ... plain n simple. I'd pull one out of any of those scenarios above and have fun doing it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    Wasn't it one of the Dodge's that started it here ? Omni maybe ? Take a Chevy on dirt,snow,ice,sand..... anything more than street ... plain n simple. I'd pull one out of any of those scenarios above and have fun doing it.
    I have no idea if this is the first but Ford Turbocharged the Mustang in 79 and a few years later turbocharged it again with the SVO (84-86).

The GLH wasnt made until 1984.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

The first production turbocharged automobile engines came from General Motors in 1962. The A-body Oldsmobile Cutlass Jetfire and Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder were both fitted with turbochargers.

Turbocharger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

omg impart thieveries

Banned
    hey guys i just went in to testdrive the new cobalt ss, for fun.

Good: no lift shift prevents the boost from dropping so no losing power between shifts, its quick first through third gear, it handles very nice, sounds nice

bad: interior looks like it was put together by blind babys, everythings plastic, the one i was in with 100 miles already had a check engine light, fourth gear feels very sluggish to me, interior looks like a toy aswell. my friend had one for 2 weeks and took it to the dealer 3 times for problems.

overall its good performance wise but the good stops there.

it will take a stock wrx from a roll, along with many other cars including the new camerys.

where are there dealerships open on sundays?

It's still a chevy.

There is nothing econobox about our Rex's. Only economical thing w/our cars is the smiles it puts on my face each and every day.
    lololol man that was a funny joke

i love the wrx>all mentality it makes all of us look so great

and pzr2874, your "rex" is very much an econobox, just it has better seats and they put rings around your gauges and strapped a turbo on it. Granted theres a lot more to it and lots of differences but it still bears a striking resemblance and its definitely econobox-ish.

prior to 05 the wrx/sti didnt even have a legit cupholder, 1 pop out in the worst place ever and then one in an even worse place where you cant even shift comfortably.

Also ever driven your car in rain? It sounds like hail.. ever driven your car in hail? it sounds like bowling balls. Terrible road noise, the worst stereo system known to man, speakers, headunit, speaker wire, headunit power wire its all crap. When closing your door while walking away you have to look back after the god awful sound to make sure it didn't fall off
    Last edited by apex32; 08-17-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    where are there dealerships open on sundays?
    LOL. in his dream land.. the same place his wrx puts the hurt on a cobalt SS from a roll, hell i bet he puts 2 cars on your c6
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

dealerships by me are open sundays
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #106
    06 WRX TR
    06 STI

Take a Chevy on dirt,snow,ice,sand.....
    Are you serioius?! That car isn't DESIGNED for that and for much more our cars really aren't either.

I got a better idea though, WRX/STi versus NASA's Space shuttle.......in SPACE!
    Last edited by Very-Rexy; 08-17-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    Are you serioius?! That car isn't DESIGNED for that and for much more our cars really aren't either.

I got a better idea though, WRX/STi versus NASA's Space shuttle.......in SPACE!

What are you smokeing saying our cars arenot made for snow or dirt you must not know much about subaru's then thats what subaru is all about

and the NASA thing your just beaing a retard
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #106
    06 WRX TR
    06 STI

What are you smokeing saying our cars arenot made for snow or dirt you must not know much about subaru's then thats what subaru is all about

and the NASA thing your just beaing a retard
    .....Please tell me you DON'T think because our cars are AWD that it means it's rally-ready straight out of the box. Because if you do, please delete your account. Subaru WRC is all about rally-racing not the Subaru dealership. Our cars in WRX/STi form are no-where near-able to compete in WRC in stock trim. You're a moron if you think otherwise.

And even more so, it doesn't even make sense to claim that your STOCK car can work all these wonders in certain enviromental conditions when you can't even drive them. That's pretty close to bench racing as far as I'm concerned.

You're spelling = Fail.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

I never said our cars are made for WRC i said our cars ARE MADE TO HANDLE IN THE SNOW AND DIRT .. Subarus are one of the best cars for handleing in the snow and dirt i think you need to learn about your car or go back and buy a nother honda..

And my "Stock" car does handle great in all weather and you need to think before you can and open your big mouth about me not beaing able to drive when i race with subaru and i can race in the rain with slicks on my sti with no problem
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #106
    06 WRX TR
    06 STI

I never said our cars are made for WRC i said our cars ARE MADE TO HANDLE IN THE SNOW AND DIRT .. Subarus are one of the best cars for handleing in the snow and dirt i think you need to learn about your car or go back and buy a nother honda..

And my "Stock" car does handle great in all weather and you need to think before you can and open your big mouth about me not beaing able to drive when i race with subaru and i can race in the rain with slicks on my sti with no problem
    Punctuation does not know you.

Either way, going back to what I originally said, comparing a Chevy Cobalt SS to a WRX in that it's performance in a rally enviroment would pale in comparison to the "Unbeatable WRX' (For you fanboi's) is really stupid and immature. Obviously the car (SS) isn't engineered in any way to perform in that situation. But when you compare the two cars in events they can BOTH compete in fairly, it would SEEM that the SS will out-perform the WRX almost every time. 'Paper-king' it may be, but it's still a really great (but very hideous) car.
    Last edited by Very-Rexy; 08-17-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.