WRX vs. SS Colbolts? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SS Colbolts? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ElBartoRex no way it was the new one if you beat it on the stock turbo 2.0 ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    no way it was the new one if you beat it on the stock turbo 2.0
    Piss poor driving, maybe.

The new Cobalts have to be kinda weird to tune since their ECU keeps the boost set to keep it pushing 260 ft/lbs for any situation/temp.

I actually considered one when my war wagon was getting aged. Front Brembos were a smart move, too.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    no way it was the new one if you beat it on the stock turbo 2.0
    Yes, the WRX has to be the slowest car on the planet. In one corner we have a group who think the WRX is unbeatable, and then we've got you in the other making it out to be in the same class of vehicle as a Rascal Power Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Weren't there N/A Cobalt SS?
    Yes, but they were 4 door. The Supercharged and Turbocharged editions to date have all been coups.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Piss poor driving, maybe.

The new Cobalts have to be kinda weird to tune since their ECU keeps the boost set to keep it pushing 260 ft/lbs for any situation/temp.

I actually considered one when my war wagon was getting aged. Front Brembos were a smart move, too.
    It's not too hard to tune, there's a speed shop already doing it. Hahn Racecraft has already thrown a tune on it and managed a 13.2 out of a TC Cobalt. If you like losing traction for no apparent reason and breaking down get a Cobalt.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

So much hate hate hate.

The new Cobalt SS is actually a very good FWDriver. Chevrolet really stepped up their A-game for the turbocharged version of this car and it shows with the way it demolished Nurburhing. This is definitely not the NEW SRT-4, it's the new Cobalt SS and it makes the new caliber SRT-4 look extremely sub-par in it's class.

It's definitely a trackable car. This isn't the first time a FWD car has beaten a WRX in a time attack lap. The Mazdaspeed hatch and the new Civic Si both beat the WRX in time attack laps. Sure, it's FWD but that doesn't automatically mean it's a crappy car.

I wouldn't drive either of them, but I'm just saying. Stop all the hate. Kudos to Chevrolet for engineering what seems like an excellent vehicle for it's class.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

OK Maby the new cobalt is faster on the track but id still take a new 08 sti over a new chevy cobalt ss it really is a mater of opinion on which 1 people like better. I personaly like the sound of subies better and the way they look.

One the other hand try putting the chevy cobalt on the World Rally Circuits and see how well it performs.

how about putting a f1 car in the world rally circuit as well.

That would just be dumb

Quote Originally Posted by evo killer View Post
    That would just be dumb
    Like racing a car in something it wasn't built for?

no no i remember hearing somewhere that the tires with a white stripe is the softer compound and the burgandy squiggle with yellow spots are the offroad compound for F1's.

I'm not hating on the cobalt, i'll admit i'm impressed, but i just don't think it would have near the all around performance of a WRX unless its secretly not built by chevy.

and yes they did build an N/A cobalt SS
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    So much hate hate hate.

The new Cobalt SS is actually a very good FWDriver. Chevrolet really stepped up their A-game for the turbocharged version of this car and it shows with the way it demolished Nurburhing. This is definitely not the NEW SRT-4, it's the new Cobalt SS and it makes the new caliber SRT-4 look extremely sub-par in it's class.

It's definitely a trackable car. This isn't the first time a FWD car has beaten a WRX in a time attack lap. The Mazdaspeed hatch and the new Civic Si both beat the WRX in time attack laps. Sure, it's FWD but that doesn't automatically mean it's a crappy car.

I wouldn't drive either of them, but I'm just saying. Stop all the hate. Kudos to Chevrolet for engineering what seems like an excellent vehicle for it's class.
    Having had to live with one for 6 months I think I have a reasonable basis for my hatred of Cobalts, other than magazine numbers and the ring time what do you base your love of Cobalts on? Being FWD doesn't automatically make it a crappy car, being an entry level Chevrolet econobox does. You can polish a turd all you want, at the end of the day it's still a turd. Eff you Chevrolet and your half ass QC D-bags who fail at producing cars.
    Last edited by RealDealTarheel; 08-16-2008 at 03:46 AM.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    Being FWD doesn't automatically make it a crappy car, being an entry level Chevrolet econobox does. You can polish a turd all you want, at the end of the day it's still a turd.
    You realize that an "entry level econobox" is exactly what the Impreza is. I am quite sure your "can't polish a turd" theory as been applied to the Impreza more then a few times as well. This isn't ClubPorshe.net you're on.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    It's still a chevy.

There is nothing econobox about our Rex's. Only economical thing w/our cars is the smiles it puts on my face each and every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    You realize that an "entry level econobox" is exactly what the Impreza is. I am quite sure your "can't polish a turd" theory as been applied to the Impreza more then a few times as well. This isn't ClubPorshe.net you're on.
    I like to ensure that my turds are at least solid, not too soft, not too hard. Besides, I did specify who's econobox it was, Chevrolet's. Given the choice of driving a Chevy or walking I'd choose walking as either way I would end up walking, I just wouldn't have to make a car payment if I outright walked everywhere I went.

I'm comfortable with my manhood, no need for me to visit clubporsche.net.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had to check...

For a second I thought I was on importfanboi.net
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    There is nothing econobox about our Rex's.
    You are joking right?
    -The J

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I had to check...

For a second I thought I was on importfanboi.net
    Hah hah, yes that's the answer. Dislike for Chevrolet+owning a Subaru=import fanboi. That's okay put me down in the fanboi column, at least I won't be chalked up in the "can't get to work because my car broke down" column.

New SS/TC cranking, won't start!!! - Cobalt SS Network
    Last edited by RealDealTarheel; 08-16-2008 at 07:33 AM.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.