first set of runs this weekend and one from last
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on first set of runs this weekend and one from last within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry no subbys yet. (copy and past from my original thread) the car had its first kill in a long ...

first set of runs this weekend and one from last

sorry no subbys yet. (copy and past from my original thread)

the car had its first kill in a long time last night (6/28). and cannibalism is good! i took the ride out to the local cruise spot to see who was out. but with a 60% chance of severe thunderstorms i didn't expect to see much. so i get there make a lap around the usual spots. and i catch a pair of nsrt4s pulling out of a car wash. so i follow. and about 3 miles later the road clears and the 2 guys in front go for a spirited drive you could say from 40ish. both seem to be fairly quick to the point where my delayed reaction to give chase had me at full throttle for awhile to catch up. but i did have to let off to avoid running the 2 of them over.

we all pull over at a mc'ds and shoot the bs for awhile. i find out that both of them are big turbo cars. a silver one is a built bottom end,stock head with a gt40 turbo at 17psi on pump. it is slightly slower then the red one next to it that is a stock motor,60trim 24psi pump gas car. both are tuned with a DTEC/gameboy. the silver one asks the red one to race me (i forget the guys names shortly after meeting them) i said sure but my turbo is really laggy from 40 and there is a great chance it'll break up around 6k. (it happens 1/10 times were still working on that) he said no problem just take off whenever you want and i'll give chase. sounds cool enough.

so we lined up at 40, he started the beep-off on the first one i floor it... he waits for the 2 more and hits it. while im still waiting on mine to come alive. (started at 3100 and have wait till 4200) i hear his come on boost and he starts to go around me. then mine comes alive. somehow the stars align and the thing pulls strait to 7500, i shift into 3rd and it stays together again and i drive around him like it was nothing. we exchanged props and went our separate ways. after two years getting back in the game was great and what a rush.

cliff notes - raced 2 big turbo nsrts on pump gas and walked all over both of them on low boost

new race from last night....

a friend had a july 4th BBQ at his place with a bunch of buddies. later we decided to hit his scene up. they set me up wit a race against a bolt on 03 cobra that made 486. so once we met up and he asked a 100 questions about my car. he said he wanted a 30mph roll. wtf. i'll be in lag for days..... so i agreed but only if i got a 55 roll next. so from 30 he would jump 2-3 cars from my lag but by 110ish i would have it pulled in and started to be driving by but as i would get door to door each time he would always hit the brakes. the 2nd race from 30 hit he missed 4th. the first race from 55 he got a car jump and i caught him by 95ish and again he would let out. wtf. the 4th race he missed 4th again and we called it quits. i wanted to ask him why he would let out each time but he never came back to the "spot" he rolled out.

not bad for a car that has 60whp less hope to have the video up soon
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

run it at the tracks yet?

very noice, can't wait for videos.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

at least you didn't kill anyone street racing...

or put down enough power to change the orbit of the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    or put down enough power to change the orbit of the globe.

I was wondering why i've been feeling so dizzy lately!!!

lolz its da awd rush yo!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    lolz its da awd rush yo!
    Just wait till I hits da Noz and blow yous all away!

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    sorry no subbys yet. (copy and past from my original thread)

the car had its first kill in a long time last night (6/28). and cannibalism is good! i took the ride out to the local cruise spot to see who was out. but with a 60% chance of severe thunderstorms i didn't expect to see much. so i get there make a lap around the usual spots. and i catch a pair of nsrt4s pulling out of a car wash. so i follow. and about 3 miles later the road clears and the 2 guys in front go for a spirited drive you could say from 40ish. both seem to be fairly quick to the point where my delayed reaction to give chase had me at full throttle for awhile to catch up. but i did have to let off to avoid running the 2 of them over.

we all pull over at a mc'ds and shoot the bs for awhile. i find out that both of them are big turbo cars. a silver one is a built bottom end,stock head with a gt40 turbo at 17psi on pump. it is slightly slower then the red one next to it that is a stock motor,60trim 24psi pump gas car. both are tuned with a DTEC/gameboy. the silver one asks the red one to race me (i forget the guys names shortly after meeting them) i said sure but my turbo is really laggy from 40 and there is a great chance it'll break up around 6k. (it happens 1/10 times were still working on that) he said no problem just take off whenever you want and i'll give chase. sounds cool enough.

so we lined up at 40, he started the beep-off on the first one i floor it... he waits for the 2 more and hits it. while im still waiting on mine to come alive. (started at 3100 and have wait till 4200) i hear his come on boost and he starts to go around me. then mine comes alive. somehow the stars align and the thing pulls strait to 7500, i shift into 3rd and it stays together again and i drive around him like it was nothing. we exchanged props and went our separate ways. after two years getting back in the game was great and what a rush.

cliff notes - raced 2 big turbo nsrts on pump gas and walked all over both of them on low boost

new race from last night....

a friend had a july 4th BBQ at his place with a bunch of buddies. later we decided to hit his scene up. they set me up wit a race against a bolt on 03 cobra that made 486. so once we met up and he asked a 100 questions about my car. he said he wanted a 30mph roll. wtf. i'll be in lag for days..... so i agreed but only if i got a 55 roll next. so from 30 he would jump 2-3 cars from my lag but by 110ish i would have it pulled in and started to be driving by but as i would get door to door each time he would always hit the brakes. the 2nd race from 30 hit he missed 4th. the first race from 55 he got a car jump and i caught him by 95ish and again he would let out. wtf. the 4th race he missed 4th again and we called it quits. i wanted to ask him why he would let out each time but he never came back to the "spot" he rolled out.

not bad for a car that has 60whp less hope to have the video up soon

sweet... sounds like your srt is crazy!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

you haven't been around long. search some of his past threads. then feel bad about yourself.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxWagon253 View Post
    I wanna see some videos because all I hear is big talk.
    I take it you prefer smalltalk.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I take it you prefer smalltalk.
    ba da bing!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Didn't you hear...racing is bad. Do it at the track...every tells me that, so I'm going to tell you that too.

Everyone bashes me...everyone better bash him too...

Else, when I talk, no one better bash me for racing.

Peace.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    Everyone bashes me...everyone better bash him too...

Else, when I talk, no one better bash me for racing.
    I'm reminded of one of my children, for some reason.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

he started it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.