300zX (TT) vs '04 STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 300zX (TT) vs '04 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^You'd think so but no. It must be my super laggy FMIC that gives me the edge. I'm on stock ...

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    ^^You'd think so but no. It must be my super laggy FMIC that gives me the edge. I'm on stock turbo too BTW. He was running catless DP's an MBC and something else. When I raced him I had my current mods, catless DP, FMIC, untuned Power FC, 1.1 bar of boost did I mention I put 4-5 cars on him from a roll with my A/C on? He thought his car was fast, I thought it was just another craptastic Nissan. I was right.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    "craptastic Nissan"? For some reason I thought that you were above this sort of brand trash talk, Real Deal.

I love those old 300ZTT's; came close to buying one back in the early 90's.

Having said that, they were quick by early '90's standards, but not THAT quick by modern standards. You're also talking about a car that is now between 15 and 20 years old. At the track, I would expect a well-maintained example of a stock Z32TT to get it's clock cleaned by an '04 STi, and have an interesting run to the quarter-mile with a stock WRX. (with a driver that knows how to launch it)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

If you're not trapping well over 100 mph, I still say there's something wrong with the Nissan. They have no issues "frumaroll" and that's just vs. a stock car. With the listed mods on his car, the fastest 2.0 13T car I've seen (~104 traps) might be able to keep up but certainly wouldn't "walk by" easily.

I had quite a few STi's that were more than willing to run my heavy, ancient Stealth. It negated their launch advantage and my 15+ years launching AWDs wasn't helping them any. I was on the stock turbos and stock cat-back - main mods were a downpipe, injectors, and a MBC. Strangely enough, I never lost to an STi that was still on its stock turbo.

The old school has-beens just may surprise you.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Coke > Pepsi
    Hulk > Ironman
    Superman < Wolverine
    Jessica Alba > Angelina Jolie
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    If you're not trapping well over 100 mph, I still say there's something wrong with the Nissan. They have no issues "frumaroll" and that's just vs. a stock car. With the listed mods on his car, the fastest 2.0 13T car I've seen (~104 traps) might be able to keep up but certainly wouldn't "walk by" easily.

I had quite a few STi's that were more than willing to run my heavy, ancient Stealth. It negated their launch advantage and my 15+ years launching AWDs wasn't helping them any. I was on the stock turbos and stock cat-back - main mods were a downpipe, injectors, and a MBC. Strangely enough, I never lost to an STi that was still on its stock turbo.

dude the old cars are fast, MR2 owns all of thos tho IMO
    mid engine rwd turbo=fast but no weight in the front = scared ****less.
    The VR4 was a sexy car too

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    "craptastic Nissan"? For some reason I thought that you were above this sort of brand trash talk, Real Deal.

I love those old 300ZTT's; came close to buying one back in the early 90's.

Having said that, they were quick by early '90's standards, but not THAT quick by modern standards. You're also talking about a car that is now between 15 and 20 years old. At the track, I would expect a well-maintained example of a stock Z32TT to get it's clock cleaned by an '04 STi, and have an interesting run to the quarter-mile with a stock WRX. (with a driver that knows how to launch it)
    Sorry to let you down Ray, in my youth I find that I am intolerant of things that are different. Perhaps as I age I will become more accepting of non AWD cars and their manufacturers.

I have no idea what I'd trap as there isn't a single legal 1/4 mile track on the island. My coworker claims there was something amiss in his engine bay, the next chance I get for a rematch I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm reasonably sure my car is older than his though, or they're so close in age as for it to be irrelevant. I'll ask him what year his Z is. I wouldn't mind having his MAF, but that's the only part on a 300zx that's worth the material it's made of. What is this 2.0 13T car you speak of?
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by spike93 View Post
    dude the old cars are fast, MR2 owns all of thos tho IMO
    mid engine rwd turbo=fast but no weight in the front = scared ****less.
    The VR4 was a sexy car too
    I've spanked his MR2 as well.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    What is this 2.0 13T car you speak of?
    Sorry, didn't notice that your WRX was JDM 'cause they certainly weren't here in 94. I know zero about Subies from that time so I can't say anything either way.

If you were referring to your STi the whole time, well duh, of course you won. The 2.5 is the single reason I bought a Subaru in the first place. Once I get all these parts installed it should reward me quite nicely.

I've had a 91 Galant VR4 and an 89 Mirage turbo, plus enough DSMs to sink a battleship, so you could say I enjoy the older turbo cars too.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Sorry, didn't notice that your WRX was JDM 'cause they certainly weren't here in 94. I know zero about Subies from that time so I can't say anything either way.

If you were referring to your STi the whole time, well duh, of course you won. The 2.5 is the single reason I bought a Subaru in the first place. Once I get all these parts installed it should reward me quite nicely.

I've had a 91 Galant VR4 and an 89 Mirage turbo, plus enough DSMs to sink a battleship, so you could say I enjoy the older turbo cars too.
    Heh heh, is okay, not many people do know much about the WRX's pre 02. You like the 2.5l? Having both a 2.5l and a 2.0l in one driveway or the other I like the 2.0l better. So much so that the 2.0l I have now will find it's way into my STi as a built short block.

I've often times thought of just making the STi a DD and finding a DSM project car. I like the 4G63 as well, perhaps more than boxer engines. Then again I've never had crank walk so I don't know if I'd be as enthusiastic about a DSM after I did.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    OP here. Thanks for the info guys ( though I'm hella late with the thanks) I learned quite a bit that I didnt know about these cars.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia View Post
    Coke > Pepsi
    Hulk > Ironman
    Superman < Wolverine
    Jessica Alba > Angelina Jolie
    yes
    no Iron man is cooler lol
    yes
    most definatly
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.