wrx vs frontier - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on wrx vs frontier within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fkarkvan Stage one is just a generic ecu tune, he has an automatic crew cab 2wd. well, ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fkarkvan View Post
    Stage one is just a generic ecu tune, he has an automatic crew cab 2wd.
    well, thanks for being honest. ecu tune, does that not modify turbo behaviour as well??

stock automatic ccabs run high 15's to low 16's.......under good conditions, my truck is good for low 14's. so big difference

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by VQ 40 View Post
    when its wet out, i can break my rear loose in 4th gear
    I call BS. I used to own a SC Xterra with the same engine, gearbox, basically everything and there's no way in hell that thing would break loose in 4th gear. 1st gear, piece of cake. 2nd gear, possible with some clutch hating. 3rd gear, that's as likely as pigs flying. 4th gear? Maybe if your name is Mario Andretti and you stuck your Indy car engine in there.

the reason i came on this site in the first place is because early yesterday morning i raced a last generation wrx with "newer" headlights....80-118mph on the freeway with no traffic around in the early morning hours and surprisingly i pulled on him half a car length by the time i hit my limiter at 118......
    BS again. A WRX would kill a Nissan with that engine/tranny combo, especially at those higher speeds.

Go troll somewhere else please.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I call BS. I used to own a SC Xterra with the same engine, gearbox, basically everything and there's no way in hell that thing would break loose in 4th gear. 1st gear, piece of cake. 2nd gear, possible with some clutch hating. 3rd gear, that's as likely as pigs flying. 4th gear? Maybe if your name is Mario Andretti and you stuck your Indy car engine in there.

BS again. A WRX would kill a Nissan with that engine/tranny combo, especially at those higher speeds.

Go troll somewhere else please.
    quick on the mouth, but low on knowledge..... this is the 4.0 6 speed 281 lb-ft torque we are talking about here, not available with supercharger.....

you are talking about the last generation 3.3 liter supercharged that only makes 210 hp..... it has nothing in common with the my frontier.......

I Support ClubWRX
    This is still retarded.

You have a truck that's ment for light duty hauling. You didn't buy a SRT-10 Ram, a Lighting, or even a crappy Chevy SS truck. You bought a basic form of transportation and want to race it around town. IMHO that's no different then these kids with base model Civic's running around wanting to race people.

Sure there are plenty of trucks/cars on the road that can beat a WRX in stock form....I'd venture to say very few people in the market for a wrx have said "Yeah but that frontier might be able to beat me maybe I should go for the truck".

You are wanting to make some asinine compairsion between two vehciles who are not competition what so ever in the their class.

Enjoy spinning your tires in 4th gear in the rain......
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    This is still retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
    /thread.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    This is still retarded.

You have a truck that's ment for light duty hauling. You didn't buy a SRT-10 Ram, a Lighting, or even a crappy Chevy SS truck. You bought a basic form of transportation and want to race it around town. IMHO that's no different then these kids with base model Civic's running around wanting to race people.

Sure there are plenty of trucks/cars on the road that can beat a WRX in stock form....I'd venture to say very few people in the market for a wrx have said "Yeah but that frontier might be able to beat me maybe I should go for the truck".

You are wanting to make some asinine compairsion between two vehciles who are not competition what so ever in the their class.

Enjoy spinning your tires in 4th gear in the rain......

Civic > Frontier

I Support ClubWRX
    agreed.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    At least he's a polite troll, and seems to have a command of the English language. That's an upgrade from some that we get.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

quick on the mouth, but low on knowledge..... this is the 4.0 6 speed 281 lb-ft torque we are talking about here, not available with supercharger.....

you are talking about the last generation 3.3 liter supercharged that only makes 210 hp..... it has nothing in common with the my frontier.......
    I still call BS. I've driven the newer ones too when my lease was up on my Xterra and there's no way they have enough power to spin the tires in 4th gear except in the snow.

Thank you for coming on here and being polite, using good grammar, and all of that, but please take your street racing requests elsewhere. This thread is pointless.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Spinning in 4th? I've driven a lot of powerful vehicles that didn't have that trouble in 4th, rain or not.

Beating a WRX? Absolutely. My former 2001 Grand Marquis would pull a stock bugeye from any roll greater than 50. It had a Superchips programmer and a K&N so I wouldn't call it highly modded. For reference, it ran 9.9 @ 73 in the 1/8th so obviously the bottom end would be no comparison but it improved nicely up top.

So, that much power with a 6spd manual should give a WRX a run for its money. I wouldn't be afraid of a stock WRX in my bigass Hemi Ram from say 60-100.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not a fan of trolls...but the harsh truth is that a stock/near-stock WRX (any year) isn't a particularly fast car. It gets a bit of an artificial bump to it's numbers due to its AWD launch. Once moving, it's your basic 15 second car in action.

I'll refrain from my usual V6 minivan comment; it seems to upset some of our younger posters.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    thanks for the compliments on my enlish skills, but im actually a foreigner. only been here 6 years so far. i speak 2 other languages fluently that have absolutely nothing in common. maybe you lads just need to elevate your motherlanguage past "hey, dude, yeah, bro, its like,......"

anyway. i realize my truck is just a basic form of transportation. convenient, cheap on parts, and has over half a century of prooven reliability. thats the reason i bought it in the first place.... however, after beating a 300hp jaguar, and pulling on a rexie, i have come to find out its basically just a variant, of the vq 35 that comes in the 350z/g35.....

now here is a fellow frontier owner running a 14.8 in his crew cab, making close to 250whp and over 260 torque, with just intake, cat back, and 2* timing advance.....

Frontier runs 14.8

now. after seeing that clip, you tell me if my light duty truck is not responsive to mods....and, what makes your rexies such an extraordinary performance car, to where everyone else is not worth comparing??? that tiny turbo??

I Support ClubWRX
    meh.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for the compliments on my enlish skills, but im actually a foreigner. only been here 6 years so far. i speak 2 other languages fluently that have absolutely nothing in common. maybe you lads just need to elevate your motherlanguage past "hey, dude, yeah, bro, its like,......"

.and, what makes your rexies such an extraordinary performance car, to where everyone else is not worth comparing??? that tiny turbo??
    Okay, that's outright troll-speak. Bye.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123