wrx vs frontier - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs frontier within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Is it okay if I LOL first? LOLing is always granted in my book....

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Is it okay if I LOL first?
    LOLing is always granted in my book.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VQ 40 View Post
    well, lets do the math here.....

if your 08 is stock thats 224hp and 226 lb ft torque right? add in full time 4wd and you end up with what, 180 at the wheels??? on 3400lbs curb weight......correct??

my frontier is rated at 261hp and 281 lb-ft torque stock. add in cai and catback and 230whp is very conservative. on 4200 lbs curb weight. for a 2wd

now call me a dreamer, but you are far from beating me by any means....

what do you say, put the word out to any stock or cai/cat wrx in the phoenix area so that we can set up a 100% LEGAL race .......
    WRONG. You have a curb weight of 4323 lb.

an 08' WRX has a curb weight of 3142lb.

4323/230WHP= 18.79lbs/hp

3142/180WHP= 17.45lbs/hp.

Your getting killed on the weight to power ratio. Plus from what ive read, the 2.5L were underrated from the factory. And they respond amazingly to just a simple computer tune. So go ahead. Race one.

If he/she can drive worth a darn you will get destroyed. Think about it.......they're going to take outta the hole with the AWD, and then its over.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    WRONG. You have a curb weight of 4323 lb.

an 08' WRX has a curb weight of 3142lb.

4323/230WHP= 18.79lbs/hp

3142/180WHP= 17.45lbs/hp.

Your getting killed on the weight to power ratio. Plus from what ive read, the 2.5L were underrated from the factory. And they respond amazingly to just a simple computer tune. So go ahead. Race one.

If he/she can drive worth a darn you will get destroyed. Think about it.......they're going to take outta the hole with the AWD, and then its over.

Yeah he had alot of wheel spin in that video... at which point id already be at the 1/8 mile marker while hes just starting to move haha

I think his Frontier would be a decent match against my Mini Cooper S, but not against a manual trans WRX. Although your truck against a stock automatic WRX would probably be a close race.

Getting the jump on someone on the street can make a close run out of what otherwise would be a certain death. So your best run vs someone else's worst run could certainly make things closer than they would be otherwise. It's reasonably safe to assume that any WRX you have run across wasn't initially aware a V6 Nissan pickup was trying to race, and the WRX driver would respond late to your challenge.

Anyway, I still think it's admirable to make whatever vehicle you have faster and to have fun with it. I enjoy seeing how I compare, even if I know I'll get beat, for example. Good luck with your quest.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll race you for $1,000. Winner gets the money and the respect. We can negotiate pinks, too, if you prefer.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I'll race you for $1,000. Winner gets the money and the respect. We can negotiate pinks, too, if you prefer.

Dont forget... It dosent matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
    Dont forget... It dosent matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning!
    Well, that goes without saying.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

my frontier is rated at 261hp and 281 lb-ft torque stock. add in cai and catback and 230whp is very conservative. on 4200 lbs curb weight. for a 2wd
    What are you basing the 230 whp figure on? Have you dynoed your truck?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    What are you basing the 230 whp figure on? Have you dynoed your truck?
    +1. I completely agree. Talking numbers is just a guessing game unless you dyno it. Even then, people debate the results of various dyno types.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Banned
    im happy to see this is turning into a nice conversation with minimal flaming

to start things off, my truck actually weighs 4216lbs with a full tank of gasoline (80 liters, or roughly 21 gallons)......i personally weighed it in at a cat scale at a pilot truck station in buckeye arizona on interstate west (miller road exit).... i will be provide a picture of the slip if you dont believe me..

i am basing my WHP on other fellow vq 40 owners dynoing their stock frontiers. they all averaged in the mid 220s whp (stock) now since i have a volant closed box cold air intake with ram air scoop, and a custom 3 inch imco turbo series cat back exhaust with replaced factory y-pipe (very restrictive) 230whp would be a very conservative number.....

no, i will not race for pinks or 1000 dollars. its all in good fun. winner gets everyone's respect, and looser picks up the tab at a fast food place (winners choice) where we can discuss the race (100% legal race of course)..

so lets stop bench racing and get with it, because i really need for someone to put me in my place. as you can imagine my pride has reached new heights after owning a 300hp type-s (automatic jaguar)

I'd race you but A. your too far away, and B. I'd cry in a corner if i lost.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
    Yeah he had alot of wheel spin in that video... at which point id already be at the 1/8 mile marker while hes just starting to move haha
    i had minimal, to no wheelspin on that run actually. abusive clutch slipping took care of it all....i do not understand how the needle coud jump to 30 in just one second eighter, but i had insane traction.....

for what its worth. my 60 foot time was 2.192........i can imagine you all wheel drivers are in the high 1's??

obviously any wrx will destroy me if they decide to dump the clutch at high rpm.....but from a nice 20mph roll in second awd is a burden....

ahh, i remember the good ol days when i still had my 200 20v quattro.....2.2 I5 quattro 217HP 228 lb-ft torque .....as im sure many of you know that engine is the godfather of rally......

Not to be rude but my good friend has a frontier and we raced when I was at stage 1. Granted it was slightly wet, but I think I had him by about 10 cars in the middle of 2nd gear.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #911

Banned
    not rude at all....you loose some, you win some

i am sure you beat him, but what does stage 1 mean??? and how did you launch? you said it was wet?? well, when its wet out, i can break my rear loose in 4th gear......was he automatic? and king cab? crewcab? 4x4? ....all this in important info.....

the reason i came on this site in the first place is because early yesterday morning i raced a last generation wrx with "newer" headlights....80-118mph on the freeway with no traffic around in the early morning hours and surprisingly i pulled on him half a car length by the time i hit my limiter at 118......

this is what his wrx looked like, same color too...

not rude at all....you loose some, you win some

i am sure you beat him, but what does stage 1 mean??? and how did you launch? you said it was wet?? well, when its wet out, i can break my rear loose in 4th gear......was he automatic? and king cab? crewcab? 4x4? ....all this in important info.....

the reason i came on this site in the first place is because early yesterday morning i raced a last generation wrx with "newer" headlights....80-118mph on the freeway with no traffic around in the early morning hours and surprisingly i pulled on him half a car length by the time i hit my limiter at 118......

this is what his wrx looked like, same color too...

Stage one is just a generic ecu tune, he has an automatic crew cab 2wd.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #911

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.