05 WRB STi vs 05 WRB WRX Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 WRB STi vs 05 WRB WRX Wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to Cecil County Dragway Wednesday nite to try to get back into dragracing after 20yrs. Saw some real nice ...

05 WRB STi vs 05 WRB WRX Wagon

Went to Cecil County Dragway Wednesday nite to try to get back into dragracing after 20yrs.

Saw some real nice cars there. Virtually all the hot cars I never see on the road were there that night

Two Subies really stuck out. One was an 05 STi w/ mucho mods (giant turbo, FMIC, the works). I didn't get a chance to ask, because I was in the staging lanes with my car, but the turbo had A/R 70 on it (not sure what that is...?)

I didn't get a look under the other car. A nice 05 WRX wagon.

After I made my pass, I went over to the stands just in time to see them both line up. The wagon made a very low 12sec run @ about 120mph trap. The STi was about 11sec run @ 130mph.

I've read about 11sec and faster Subies, but this is the first actual run I've seen in person. It was scary awesome!!!

Oh, how did I do? I took my my Goat instead of the WRX. Let's just say after a 20yr lay-off, I need a BUNCH more practice. But the racing bug is definitely back!

I also saw a new Mustang two cars in front of me lose traction, cross the other lane and hit the wall twice. Had to have been at least $5k damage. Guy just wouldn't let up when he started to lose it... go figure.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ha, the old saying "when in doubt, gas it" only works motocrossing:...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.