Been called out by a bunch of drivers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Been called out by a bunch of drivers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. I just recently purchased a stock 03 WRX. Now I have all these punks telling me how their ...

Been called out by a bunch of drivers

Hey everyone. I just recently purchased a stock 03 WRX. Now I have all these punks telling me how their car would whip up on mine, how fast they are, blah blah. I've outgrown racing on the street, and I really don't find straight-line racing to be the best measuring stick of a driver, especially since of the cars are going to be stock. A buddy of mine has a 5 mile stretch of single lane road on his farm that we could use to race, but Ii'm hoping you folks can help me avoid doing that. Here's a list of the cars that have been pestering me:

02 BMW z3
    97 Honda Accord
    04 Kia Optima (6 cylinder)
    05 Volkswagen Beetle (1.8t)
    03 VW GTI (VR6)

I know that some of those would probably smoke a WRx in a straight line. That's why I'm trying to get it down to a driver's race, which I know I could hold my own in. Thanks for any input or theories. Sorry for the long (and probably confusing) post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    why dont you all just race in the virtual world like GT4 on PS2 or something.

and me i never worry about those cars not worth the effort, me i prefer a challenge the porsches, m5's, M3's or evo's or STI's hehehee
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    When those guys start talking smack, just bust some caps and take off.

j/k
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by name of user View Post
    04 Kia Optima (6 cylinder)
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by DVSWReX View Post
    I know. But you should hear this dude talk about it.

The only car worth even winking any eye at is the z3 the rest of them are just useless and not worth the gas. As for the Z3 i think you might have it from a dig but i think, you would get your arse handed to you on a silver platter from a roll. And tell the owner of the optima that he need a real car.V6 or not.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #171 For Life No Matter What It Takes

Quote Originally Posted by name of user View Post
    I know. But you should hear this dude talk about it.
    what could anybody possibly have to say about a Kia Optima, what next, Daewoo's gonna start calling ppl out?
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4

Facebook

Check these out for your self.
    Volkswagen New Beetle Compare - Engines and Performance - MSN Autos

rex01752 was right, only the Z3 and maybe the VR6 have a chance. The Z3 has comparable numbers, the VR6 is a little lighter and only has a few less HP.

The Kia and Honda 2.7 V6's have 170hp and are in cars that weigh more. no chance.

The New Beetle 1.8t has 150hp. no chance.

haha, just to give you a slight insight into the mindset of the optima owner, when I was in high school he used to drag race his mom's Grand caravan in the Putt-Putt parking lot. The guy drives around town like he's mario andretti, and I really have no intention of wasting my time on him. I know I'm a better driver than all of these guys, but its hilarious to theorize what a wrx would do to them.

I Support ClubWRX
    What is this "calling out" and how can I get involved? Thanks.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

My high school math teacher had a Z3, 2.3 4cyl, AT, ssllooww as H3LL. I didn't have the suby back then but it would of been no match. They came with a few different engine options if I'm not mistaken, what does your friends Z3 have under the hood.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Pretty sure it has a 2.5 liter straight six. I think it cranks out around 190. My initial thought was it would kill me in the curves, but its an amazingly heavy car for its size. I think its curb weight is near 3000 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    hahahaha how bout the tiburon. i drove that it was a pos the v6. slow as dirt. i always see those getting souped up!!!!!!!
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I believe its a modern day form of "slang" or "ebonics" which means; to challenge one or more individuals"

i.e. "A v6 Kia Optima has been "calling me out"

how was that?
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    why dont you all just race in the virtual world like GT4 on PS2 or something.
    I don't think GT4 has a Kia Optima listed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.