Been called out by a bunch of drivers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Been called out by a bunch of drivers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well. just thought I'd give this thread an update. Finally got a commitment from the z3, accord, optima, and GtI ...

Well. just thought I'd give this thread an update. Finally got a commitment from the z3, accord, optima, and GtI to go out to a farm and pull a time trial on a five mile paved loop. So here are the times for your reading pleasure

03 WRX 7:14
    02 Z3 7:28
    GTI 7:56
    Accord 9:47
    Optima DNF

I was surprised that the Z3 didn't blow my time away, but I guess it had a harder time with the curves than I expected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DNF? What happened?
    Bugeye Mafia Member #171 For Life No Matter What It Takes

Haha, guy tried to slam on the brake mid-turn and spun it into a ditch. Took us a couple hours to find someone with a truck to tow it out. Still not sure how much damage he caused.
    Last edited by name of user; 07-02-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by name of user View Post
    Still not sure how much damage he caused.
    Hopefully, it damaged little more than his ego, just enough for him to be a little more humble.

dont worry... he'll find another one at the bottom of a cereal box again
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    To the OP....

As a new WRX owner..... you'll soon start to realize that you are the envy of all non-Suby owners. Everyone wants to talk smack.. 99% can't back it up. Chances are, they bought a "ricer" because they couldn't afford a Suby.... or didn't know enough to even look until it was too late.

You have nothing to prove. The VR6 "might" stand a chance..... but keep in mind, your car is easier, and cheaper to modify, and make significantly faster. Honestly, I think you could take him on the strip anyway.

Again... street racing is stupid... you have nothing to prove.

If you wanna prove something... take it to the local drag strip.

I walked away with my head held high last time when I was running 2-3 tenths quicker than brand new Corvettes. That'll teach those old gray-haired, balding, fat senior citizens to Spend $60K on a turd--LOL

Anyway... it was a MUCH more satisfying than a dangerous street race.

I get the Hon-duh dumbasses pull up next to me on the road all the time.... I see them racing to try to catch up to me... then they get close.... see the blue glow from all my gauges.... the brake calipers, etc.... and it's AMAZING how un-interested they are after they get a closer look--LOL

I do occasionally get a dumbass that pulls up next to me.... I just laugh right in his face. If you rub your fingers together (as if to say, "wanna put some money on it")... they ALWAYS run away... every time--LOL

Please don't streetrace..... it's so stupid.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    To the OP....

As a new WRX owner..... you'll soon start to realize that you are the envy of all non-Suby owners. Everyone wants to talk smack.. 99% can't back it up. Chances are, they bought a "ricer" because they couldn't afford a Suby.... or didn't know enough to even look until it was too late.

You have nothing to prove. The VR6 "might" stand a chance..... but keep in mind, your car is easier, and cheaper to modify, and make significantly faster. Honestly, I think you could take him on the strip anyway.

Again... street racing is stupid... you have nothing to prove.

If you wanna prove something... take it to the local drag strip.

I walked away with my head held high last time when I was running 2-3 tenths quicker than brand new Corvettes. That'll teach those old gray-haired, balding, fat senior citizens to Spend $60K on a turd--LOL

Anyway... it was a MUCH more satisfying than a dangerous street race.

I get the Hon-duh dumbasses pull up next to me on the road all the time.... I see them racing to try to catch up to me... then they get close.... see the blue glow from all my gauges.... the brake calipers, etc.... and it's AMAZING how un-interested they are after they get a closer look--LOL

I do occasionally get a dumbass that pulls up next to me.... I just laugh right in his face. If you rub your fingers together (as if to say, "wanna put some money on it")... they ALWAYS run away... every time--LOL

Can you really setup a race at the dragstrip? Seems to me it's just the luck of the draw what u race against, as they clear the staging lanes out.

But, this is a good response. I always liked the % comparison on the street.

Anyway, IMHO stock WRXs are in the 90% bracket on the street (ie, can beat most stock cars to be seen, from minivans to GTIs).

Stock STIs and Stage 2 (or a little more) are 95%ers. This gets you into the range of smoking any stock VW, Hondas, or the like.

Stage 1 STI or well better than Stage 2 WRX gets you to 98%. Now you are running with lightly modded GTOs, C6, Porsche, newer M3's, etc.

Go Superzilla (big ass turbo w/ all the supporting mods) you are in 99% land.

But let's all remember, there is always some sleeper like a LSx f-body that can and will smoke you.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    +1
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

Dont worry about any of those cars beating you. I've raced them all and beaten them all.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

Don't scoff too much at the Hyundai/Kia cars, soon enough the Genesis will be for sale and thats nothing to laugh at. 220hp I4 turbo, 312hp V6, and possibly a supercharged V8 with around 400hp.
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Yea but its still a hyundai.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #171 For Life No Matter What It Takes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DVSWReX View Post
    what could anybody possibly have to say about a Kia Optima, what next, Daewoo's gonna start calling ppl out?
    ahhah are u kidding me, a z3 is the slowest piece of ****.

Which runs a quarter faster than a stock wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by phobiarg View Post
    Don't scoff too much at the Hyundai/Kia cars, soon enough the Genesis will be for sale and thats nothing to laugh at. 220hp I4 turbo, 312hp V6, and possibly a supercharged V8 with around 400hp.
    I have driven the V8 model and its only going to be in the 4 door sedan. Its a fast mother ****ing car thought. they are not going to put the v8 in the two door coupe that only gets the turbo 4 and the V6.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123