Been called out by a bunch of drivers - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Been called out by a bunch of drivers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DVSWReX I believe its a modern day form of "slang" or "ebonics" which means; to challenge one ...

Quote Originally Posted by DVSWReX View Post
    I believe its a modern day form of "slang" or "ebonics" which means; to challenge one or more individuals"

i.e. "A v6 Kia Optima has been "calling me out"

how was that?

...And defend your WRX! Honestly, a Kia???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    What is this "calling out" and how can I get involved? Thanks.
    pm me your number, and I'll show ya.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I never understand these threads...there is no respect to be earned in beating someone in a street drag race. Period. If your car is faster is merely an indication of either the size of your checkbook or your ability to shift quickly in a comparably powered car. Since the later is usually not the issue, I see no reason why the former should need to be measured.

Organized drag racing is a different story...people put lots of time and effort into competing within a class or trying to achieve a personal goal of hitting a specific time. At an average night at a track, very rarely are the two people racing down the strip racing against each other...they're almost always just racing the clock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    I never understand these threads...there is no respect to be earned in beating someone in a street drag race. Period. If your car is faster is merely an indication of either the size of your checkbook or your ability to shift quickly in a comparably powered car. Since the later is usually not the issue, I see no reason why the former should need to be measured.

Organized drag racing is a different story...people put lots of time and effort into competing within a class or trying to achieve a personal goal of hitting a specific time. At an average night at a track, very rarely are the two people racing down the strip racing against each other...they're almost always just racing the clock.
    Whatever man!

You sound like somebody that gets beat in street races!
    Personally, I prefer to race F-16s from a roll.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Agreed, street racing = dumb....but I always find it fun in similar situations to use a few numbers and statistics to deflate the oversized egos of some of my buddies with Hondas, Hyundai's, (and the occasional fellow wrx enthusiast) etc. who think their cars can run with the best because they put a big spoiler on or take a muffler off

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Whatever man!

You sound like somebody that gets beat in street races!
    Personally, I prefer to race F-16s from a roll.

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

u need these:
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Good stuff Tim.

-The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I agree with you. With stock cars it isn't any indication of a drivers abilities to drive in a straight line. So far I've only gotten chuck (owner of the z3) to even halfway agree to pull a time trial on this guys farm instead of heading to a drag strip. Heck, I could probably teach a monkey to drive in a straight line.

FJF
    What a joke!

I get called-out all the time. Given the cars in question, what's the point?
    Last edited by FJF; 07-01-2008 at 12:52 PM.
    Evo IX SE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    What a joke!

I get called-out all the time. Given the cars in question, what's the point?
    What do they call you?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

FJF
    ...there is no respect to be earned in beating someone in a street drag race. Period.
    For the most part, I agree 99%.

I belong to a local club, of sorts. Every Sunday night we drive to Mexico and run our cars. I was up against a lightly modded 996TT. Given its driver's disposition, that was far from modest, I not only enjoyed walking hm, and it was also gratifying to tweak a jerk.
    Evo IX SE

FJF
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    What do they call you?
    Ricer, at first; though, I must be the oldest "ricer" on record. FWIW, my car is stock on the outside. After the run, they call me "fast."
    Evo IX SE

I can agree, it's fulfilling to shut someone up, but most people who run their mouths don't stop doing so after they lose a street race, that's kinda my point. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people lose a race and immediately start in with the "oh well this wasn't running right," or "if I had this or that part installed like I wanted, it would be different," or just plain accusing the other person of cheating somehow. It's a never ending cycle of

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.