Dodge Srt8!!!!!! Wow!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dodge Srt8!!!!!! Wow!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes, TheJ, get a new STI. I need to live vicariously through you. I already do with regards to your ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, TheJ, get a new STI. I need to live vicariously through you.

I already do with regards to your international man of mystery lifestyle, private jets, hookers/blow, and expensive cheeses. Just add the STI on the list.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Yes, TheJ, get a new STI. I need to live vicariously through you.

I already do with regards to your international man of mystery lifestyle, private jets, hookers/blow, and expensive cheeses. Just add the STI on the list.
    JayzCheez0wnz!!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    JayzCheez0wnz!!
    Ray, I also envy you a bit, to be honest. You've got a cooler wagon than me, a nice family, a good job, and you're closer to retirement.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Ray, I also envy you a bit, to be honest. You've got a cooler wagon than me, a nice family, a good job, and you're closer to retirement.
    Translation: "Haha, I'm laughing at you because I'm 15 years younger than you, have a nicer car, got my pick of the trophy wives because I'm a doctor, and don't have to listen to screaming children when I get home tonight!"
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Translation: "Haha, I'm laughing at you because I'm 15 years younger than you, have a nicer car, got my pick of the trophy wives because I'm a doctor, and don't have to listen to screaming children when I get home tonight!"

The truth: my car is not nicer, I met my wife when I worked as a cashier, and I don't get to go home tonight.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    and I don't get to go home tonight.
    Sheesh...does your work schedule ever get better?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I knew what your point was. My point is that saying low-mid 13s is slow, is taking a narrow view. I'll agree that is sort of relative because it does depend on your perspective.

The way I see it... my Charger SRT8 was very fast (practically as fast as my STi when stock), especially for being a big, "fat", super comfortable, four door family sedan that has practically more usable space then some mini-vans. On top of that it looks completely badass .

i see your point as well

retirement, probably...

I Support ClubWRX
    In three years it might get better depending on what I decide to do at that point. For now...own3d!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Today I saw an SRT Challenger in town. Silver and beautiful.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #171 For Life No Matter What It Takes

Lightbulb

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

1. No way in hell an SRT-8 is hitting low 12s without a bit of work (more than just exhaust/filter).
    2. Loved the "let's see them turn" comment. SRT-8s turn really well. Really, really well. Yes, they are heavy but they handle wonderfully. Go drive one and be surprised.
    3. 17 - 19mpg is typical in mixed driving/traffic with the SRT-8 (23 - 25mpg on all highway).

How do I know all this?

My garage:

We traded in our '07 LGT for this '07 MSRT8 and have not regretted it. It handles better than the LGT; yes, better (not better than the STi, but on the road the STi's advantage is wasted). People think "Oh, 4000+lbs it sucks," but you do not feel the weight. Yes, the car feels substantial, but not pig heavy. It's balanced very well. My only complaint is that the steering is a bit numb and it is very easy to drift into another lane when taking your eyes off of the road for a second.

The MSRT is extremely comfortable (the seats are amazing), a blast to drive, and the sound is just stonking (especially now with a catless free flowing exhaust on it). We picked it up with 13k miles on it, DVD Nav, 13-speaker audio with sub, rear seat entertainment (LCD/DVD player), and new summer tires for $24k (six months prior it was $42k as new - hooray for terrible gas prices driving used car prices down).

When the time comes to ditch the STi, I'm probably going to pick up a Charger SRT-8 or a Challenger SRT-8, but for now I still love getting in the subbie too much to trade it in.
    <VampyreKitten> Have you ever seen the pope's crib?
    <MissAbyss> His ride is totally pimped too, bulletproof glass 'cause the haters keep trying to put him down.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like your car, so don't take this as a fanboi comment...

What's your basis for saying that it handles better than the LGT? Is there some sort of road course data comparing the cars? Or is this just your subjective comparison?

I'm not trying to hate, just honestly curious.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

No worries, Ray. It is my opinion on the handling. Neither our LGT nor the Mag have been to a track, but daily driving left me with these impressions:

The Leggie was spongey and floated in tight turns (a corkscrew on/off ramp, for example) and the brake feel was non-existant. It was hard to get a feel of the car, where you know what is doing and what it will do next. I could just never get any sort of confidence in it.
    It is completely different in the MSRT. I know what it is doing and I know what I can do with it (emergency lane change, for example). It is low and wide with a lot of contact rubber on the pavement for superb grip. Oh, and the slotted Brembos stop it very well. I do miss AWD in the rain, but I always have the STi for that.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the LGT and the only reason we traded it in was to get back the wagon functionality that we had when we had our '01 Outback, which we traded in for the LGT. Well, that and the passenger legroom (even the front) was too short for me. Combine that with terrible seats (re: uncomfortable) and sitting in 75 - 90 minutes of traffic everyday, and it began to wear on me.

It really isn't fair to compare a $42k car with sport tuning upgrades versus a $27k plain jane car, but my point was to put some of the haters in check that have no idea what they were talking about and assume large weight equals brick through a window handling.

Of course, insert typical "Slap on new tires, springs, anti rollbars, turbo, brakes, etc. and see how the LGT stomps on any muscle car," here.
    <VampyreKitten> Have you ever seen the pope's crib?
    <MissAbyss> His ride is totally pimped too, bulletproof glass 'cause the haters keep trying to put him down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool! Thanks for the feedback.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Chemical View Post
    No worries, Ray. It is my opinion on the handling. Neither our LGT nor the Mag have been to a track, but daily driving left me with these impressions:

The Leggie was spongey and floated in tight turns (a corkscrew on/off ramp, for example) and the brake feel was non-existant. It was hard to get a feel of the car, where you know what is doing and what it will do next. I could just never get any sort of confidence in it.
    It is completely different in the MSRT. I know what it is doing and I know what I can do with it (emergency lane change, for example). It is low and wide with a lot of contact rubber on the pavement for superb grip. Oh, and the slotted Brembos stop it very well. I do miss AWD in the rain, but I always have the STi for that.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the LGT and the only reason we traded it in was to get back the wagon functionality that we had when we had our '01 Outback, which we traded in for the LGT. Well, that and the passenger legroom (even the front) was too short for me. Combine that with terrible seats (re: uncomfortable) and sitting in 75 - 90 minutes of traffic everyday, and it began to wear on me.

It really isn't fair to compare a $42k car with sport tuning upgrades versus a $27k plain jane car, but my point was to put some of the haters in check that have no idea what they were talking about and assume large weight equals brick through a window handling.

Of course, insert typical "Slap on new tires, springs, anti rollbars, turbo, brakes, etc. and see how the LGT stomps on any muscle car," here.
    I know you have had to write alot in this thread, but I was wondering if you would mind telling us if your sti has any mods and maybe compare the sti and srt8. they both have advantages, but never met or seen anyone that owned them both. good to get an owners perspective. must be nice to have power and cargo room. thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast