Dodge Srt8!!!!!! Wow!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dodge Srt8!!!!!! Wow!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 well i went into a dodge dealership the other day and started to look at the ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    well i went into a dodge dealership the other day and started to look at the srt 8. not to buy just looking at it. anyways the guy took me out in it. wouldnt let me drive it his boss wouldnt let him. understandable. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WOW!!!! i later did some research on it and it does the 1/4 mile in 12.2 seconds and weighing in at 4000 pounds. very impressive. i believe the hp was sitting at 425
    hate to burst your bubble but 06-08 srt8 chargers are pigs that run low to mid 13's. check dragtimes.com their are a bunch listed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    hate to burst your bubble but 06-08 srt8 chargers are pigs that run low to mid 13's. check dragtimes.com their are a bunch listed
    why is that bursting my bubble i just read that time on dragtimes.com

heres the paste

1/4 Mile ET: 12.221
    1/4 Mile MPH: 119.894
    1/8 Mile ET: 7.945
    1/8 Mile MPH: 0.000
    0-60 Foot ET: 1.929
    Temperature F: 46.0
    Timeslip Scan:
    Car Make: Dodge
    Car Model: Charger
    Car Type: SRT8
    Car Year: 2006
    Driver: Mario Roy
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I Support ClubWRX
    What do stock STi's run?

-The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    What do stock STi's run?

c'mon J....thats slooooow
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Banned
    why is that bursting my bubble i just read that time on dragtimes.com

heres the paste

1/4 Mile ET: 12.221
    1/4 Mile MPH: 119.894
    1/8 Mile ET: 7.945
    1/8 Mile MPH: 0.000
    0-60 Foot ET: 1.929
    Temperature F: 46.0
    Timeslip Scan:
    Car Make: Dodge
    Car Model: Charger
    Car Type: SRT8
    Car Year: 2006
    Driver: Mario Roy
    thats not stock. they really arent that fast for having all that hp

Banned
    What do stock STi's run?

stis dont have 425 hp. thats why the charger srt8 is a pig. it's big fat and not very fast for having all that hp and tq

I Support ClubWRX

Smile I know what you were saying.

stis dont have 425 hp. thats why the charger srt8 is a pig. it's big fat and not very fast for having all that hp and tq
    I knew what your point was. My point is that saying low-mid 13s is slow, is taking a narrow view. I'll agree that is sort of relative because it does depend on your perspective.

The way I see it... my Charger SRT8 was very fast (practically as fast as my STi when stock), especially for being a big, "fat", super comfortable, four door family sedan that has practically more usable space then some mini-vans. On top of that it looks completely badass .

-The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I knew what your point was. My point is that saying low-mid 13s is slow, is taking a narrow view. I'll agree that is sort of relative because it does depend on your perspective.

The way I see it... my Charger SRT8 was very fast (practically as fast as my STi when stock), especially for being a big, "fat", super comfortable, four door family sedan that has practically more usable space then some mini-vans. On top of that it looks completely badass .

I Love the look as well just a lil expensive.!! it comes with brembos correct.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I Support ClubWRX
    I Love the look as well just a lil expensive.!! it comes with brembos correct.
    It's not really much more then an STi though. Yes it does with Brembo.
    -The J

It's not really much more then an STi though. Yes it does with Brembo.
    they said 46 is that about right.

I was impressed enough by the Hemi in my Ram (my first domestic Dodge) that I'd say I'm likely to own an SRT8 vehicle in the future. If they ever give those cars a real manual transmission and a rear end more aggressive than 2.9x, they'll turn in some nice numbers.

The seats in the regular Charger R/T look very good. I can't imagine those in the SRT8.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    they said 46 is that about right.
    I haven't priced one recently but I paid 37k plus tax. (I bought at the model year change over though.)

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I was impressed enough by the Hemi in my Ram (my first domestic Dodge) that I'd say I'm likely to own an SRT8 vehicle in the future. If they ever give those cars a real manual transmission and a rear end more aggressive than 2.9x, they'll turn in some nice numbers.

The seats in the regular Charger R/T look very good. I can't imagine those in the SRT8.
    I know what you mean, wanting the manual and more aggressive rear end but for me it was a really nice balance that enabled me to have a "family sedan" that was still badass. The seats were a GREAT balance of hugging and comfort for my needs.
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    I know what you mean, wanting the manual and more aggressive rear end but for me it was a really nice balance that enabled me to have a "family sedan" that was still badass. The seats were a GREAT balance of hugging and comfort for my needs.
    You're about due to return to the Subaru fold, Jay.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You're about due to return to the Subaru fold, Jay.
    I do <3 the new STi...
    -The J

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I like it J... I think the new Pontiac G8 looks good too.

If I didn't need AWD, those cars were on the top of my list. My WRX really doesn't do much better than 20mpg anyway.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.