Stage 2 04 WRX vs. 04 5.7 liter GTO
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 04 WRX vs. 04 5.7 liter GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let the flaming begin! I pulled with an 04 GTO this morning getting onto the freeway very early with essentially ...

Stage 2 04 WRX vs. 04 5.7 liter GTO

Let the flaming begin! I pulled with an 04 GTO this morning getting onto the freeway very early with essentially 0 cars. This is a chick that lives in my neighborhood and is always reving at me to see if I will bite, so this morning I did. We entered the freeway, which is a sweeping right, and of course I was pulling on her due to weight differences in the cars. However, all hell broke loose once she floored it. I'm not saying that she disappeared, but quickly gained 5 car lengths on me (damn turbo lag!). However, I was able to hold that gap once I could maintain the RPM's. After about a mile, we hit traffic, and I gave her the double headlight flash to assure her I was done so something stupid didn't happen. Anyways, it was fun; I knew I'd get owned.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What are your mods specifically.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Mods I have: Invidia DP, Godspeed Exhaust, Stage 2 Cobb flash.
    Mods I want: Perrin FM, bigger and better turbo, injectors, etc, etc.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    Mods I have: Invidia DP, Godspeed Exhaust, Stage 2 Cobb flash.
    Mods I want: Perrin FM, bigger and better turbo, injectors, etc, etc.
    you got the uppipe
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

No I don't, but you're right I need one. Other than the O2 exploding and detonating the turbo, is there any other reason to have one?
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

I Don't think she was racing................. Get the upp pipe

Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    No I don't, but you're right I need one. Other than the O2 exploding and detonating the turbo, is there any other reason to have one?
    it was the biggest increase with power i saw with my whole exhaust system. the spool up was wat better. it prevents the cat from breaking up and ruining ur turbo, i can hear the turbo spool up way better now.

That race sounds like what should happen. Once you get the turbo spooled up it's an even match. I will warn you of the 6.0 GTO's though, they are a lot faster than then 5.7's. They're rated at only 50 hp more but it seems like it's a bigger difference than that. Some of the stock 6.0 6 speeds are trapping almost 110 mph in the 1/4th mile.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

My former 6 speed 04 GTO when stock ran a best of 13.9 @ 100 mph and dynoed 292 rwhp. After headers, CAI, and a dyno tune, it put down 335ish rwhp and ran 13.4 @ 104.5 mph.

My former stage 2 WRX would have been able to hang with a stock GTO (LS1/2004/5.7) on the highway based on the comparable trapspeeds, so I have no problem believing the OP's encounter. Nice run...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

my friend has a 2004 gto with a catback, intake and chip. he ran against an 06 wrx with a stage 2 and turboback exhaust. wrx beat him by one car length at the quarter mile track in englishtown, nj. different story from a dig.

My Subie was only Cobb Accessport flashed, but my GTO would blister it. I ran an 05-06 WRX last night (he was modded some - I could hear the blowoff valve) and beat him pretty badly and I'm stock. I'm probably putting around 340hp to the wheels, but I'm at 3900 lbs curb weight.
    '04 Blobeye sedan - black with spoiler - SOLD
    '06 GTO - faster than an ex-lax overdose!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.