08 civic si w/bolts on vs 04 stage 2 - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 08 civic si w/bolts on vs 04 stage 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX +1. STG2 WRX could definitely beat a Civic SI with bolt on's. End of discussion....

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

+1. STG2 WRX could definitely beat a Civic SI with bolt on's. End of discussion.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll get flamed for this...but I still don't really get the 400hp Honda concept. I've driven peppy FWD cars; the Maxima, the V6 Altima, V6 Accord, etc. That minor amount of power going through front wheels was a joke to me; I'd hit the gas coming out of a corner, and it would want to skitter out onto someone's front lawn.

I like power just fine; give it to me in a hot German sedan or sportscar (RWD), a good old American musclecar (RWD), or a nice WRX, STI, or Evo. (AWD) I just have a hard time imagining that I'd enjoy awesome hp being delivered through the front wheels. I guess if it's what you've always had...

But then I guess there are snobs at German car forums saying that they can't imagine putting big money into the engine of a cheap Japanese sedan.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'll get flamed for this...
    I doubt you'll get flamed for that in this forum. You could go post that in a honda forum though....you know...for kicks and giggles...

I Support ClubWRX
    Fun as that sounds, I have to spend my day combating trolls on this forum...I'm not going to become someone else's problem on another forum..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

wrx... hands down.

Sorry honda fanbois

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    I agree. It's too bad 99% of people that go FI with honda's seem to F it up somehow. Or it winds up being a jerry-rigged job, half held together by good luck and only nets a fraction of the potential power.

.....out of the 4 or 5 FI honda's ive seen here in Lincoln, only one was worthy of racing. He had a JDM motor/tranny swap into an older intega. It was really nicely done. No flashy wing or fartcan, and a stealth mounted intercooler in the front. He said he ran a 12.9 at the track and i believe him! I was quite impressed.
    reason being bro is because all the poor kids white black and otherwise get their first car and its a 10yr old honda with 200k on it that they bought for $1000. and of course they want to go fast but only make 6 bucs an hour. so what do they do. they go on ebay and buy what they can. they cant make it fast and deep down they know it, so they buy bull **** for it and make it look like ****.

so, i agree with u, i wish it wasnt that way. but they last so long, its every kids first car. and then we get a bad rap b/c all the muscleheads think one honda is all hondas....then they get smoked though and it makes it worth it!

if they do put real power mods in it, it is so poorly put together that **** goes up in smoke, thus adding to the rep.
    03 RRP RSX Type-S, Tein:Hood Damper, IPS:K2 Cams/Ti Retainers, Eibach:EVS, ES:MMi's, BuddyClub:SS Race Header, Greddy:SP2 Exhaust, Hondata:K-Pro, Injen:CAI, JDM:Shift Knob, Comptech:ShortShift Adapter, CompetitionClutch:Stage 2 Kit, ACT:Streetlite Flywheel, Rotora:F&R Slotted Rotors/SS Lines, Axxis:Ultimate Pads, Rota:C10's in Full Royal Sport Bronze (17"x7.5"), BFGoodrich:g-Force Sport (225/45ZR17), CRSX:Springs, Ingals:Camber Kit, RP:Coolant, M1EP:Oils...265whp/185wtq

Quote Originally Posted by 04ST_rex View Post
    Are we talking about an sti or wrx?

Yes, their are some very fast FI hondas out there. But this op says w/ bolt ons...ie Intake, exhaust, pulleys, etc.

When a stage 2 wrx has intake, tbe, and some sort of tuning or reflash.

Im just saying the stage 2 will take any bolt on honda.... as long as the bolt ons dont include turbo or SC.. cause thous are truly not bolt ons. Find me a 280whp honda w/ only bolt ons.
    im pretty close to 280 bro. that statment is very blind. a stg2 wrx means that it was i/tbe/and tune. there are plenty of bolt on honda that will smoke a stg 2.

my buddy has an 06 sti with exhaust mani, tbe, intake, uppipe, full suspension and a pro-tune. he only beats me by about a car from a dig. and ill post a video of him driving, hes no joke shifter (i was drunk comintating, my batchlor party)

YouTube - 1126072217 - Me about 15whp less and 20-25wtq than now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DdsSkfTVsM - sti
    03 RRP RSX Type-S, Tein:Hood Damper, IPS:K2 Cams/Ti Retainers, Eibach:EVS, ES:MMi's, BuddyClub:SS Race Header, Greddy:SP2 Exhaust, Hondata:K-Pro, Injen:CAI, JDM:Shift Knob, Comptech:ShortShift Adapter, CompetitionClutch:Stage 2 Kit, ACT:Streetlite Flywheel, Rotora:F&R Slotted Rotors/SS Lines, Axxis:Ultimate Pads, Rota:C10's in Full Royal Sport Bronze (17"x7.5"), BFGoodrich:g-Force Sport (225/45ZR17), CRSX:Springs, Ingals:Camber Kit, RP:Coolant, M1EP:Oils...265whp/185wtq

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    well with my 05 v6 6 speed accord, from 25 roll i raced a I/H/E and kproed rsx-s. by end of third gear i was aobut 1.5 cars ahead. and fourth gear i started really pulling hard.

and when i raced a stock sti from 45 roll, i pulled about a car until 80 mph.

considering stage 2 wrx and sti are close, it should be very close race
    Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    I don't believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    +1. No way.

2005 honda accord V6 had 240 hp and only 212 lb-ft torque at the crank. Lets be generous and say that's 210whp.

Lets say the STI puts down 240whp. Both cars have 6-speeds, both cars weight about the same 3300lbs.
    i dont believe it either. a v6 accord is slow, the wheel power is more like 190. both the rsx and the sti didnt know you were racing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightRiders79 View Post
    i dont believe it either. a v6 accord is slow, the wheel power is more like 190. both the rsx and the sti didnt know you were racing.
    u know what dude, people like u really annoy me. how uneducated are u seriously.

do some research before u make fun of my cars... 190 whp is an automatic v6 accord... the average dyno for a 6 speed v6 accord is 228. the gearing is very good aswell, and unlike in turboed cars, there is no boost lag., so before u start talking **** do some research. they trap in the 100's quartermile. just becasue its a honda doesnt mean its slow u idiot. i have an sti and an accord. im not a fanboy im telling the truth. 45 mph roll with a car that traps 100's is not gonna look pretty for the sti. end of story.

Banned
    u know what dude, people like u really annoy me. how uneducated are u seriously.

do some research before u make fun of my cars... 190 whp is an automatic v6 accord... the average dyno for a 6 speed v6 accord is 228. the gearing is very good aswell, and unlike in turboed cars, there is no boost lag., so before u start talking **** do some research. they trap in the 100's quartermile. just becasue its a honda doesnt mean its slow u idiot. i have an sti and an accord. im not a fanboy im telling the truth. 45 mph roll with a car that traps 100's is not gonna look pretty for the sti. end of story.

YouTube - 6 speed accord second gear pull thats my accord 40-60 on a humid ass day

I Support ClubWRX

YouTube - 6 speed accord second gear pull thats my accord 40-60 on a humid ass day

Please refrain from personal insults in the future when you disagree with someone.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX

Upon further review... This is number three for you.

You are the weakest link.

Good bye!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    last word...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.